Triad Toys Doing Zorro Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics from daddykane on the triad forum. i should be getting mine any day now. glad he's finally out

6678713159_da472c914d_b.jpg

6678715099_ff0ba9bd46_b.jpg

6678715579_db38b8b580_b.jpg

6678714593_0e4c79a4a0_b.jpg

6678714117_f70743a981_b.jpg

6678713655_14b8957524_b.jpg

I just bought some parts from TA to update my DPR. Shirt, pants, mask and scarf. Think I use the new TT muscle body see how that looks.

When you get the shirt in-hand could you let me know if there is enough material to the sleeves to look anything like this (billowy)?

dread%2Bpirate%2Broberts.jpg

18677-550x-cropped.jpg

Also:

iamthedread128550917423265126.jpg

:rotfl

R.I.P. Andre The Giant.

When you get the shirt in-hand could you let me know if there is enough material to the sleeves to look anything like this (billowy)?

dread%2Bpirate%2Broberts.jpg

18677-550x-cropped.jpg

Also:

iamthedread128550917423265126.jpg

:rotfl

R.I.P. Andre The Giant.

Got it today. Decided to leave it on the dragon body cause would be to tight on the muscle HT body. And the HT head I was going to use was too small for the mask. The shirt looks pretty good on the dragon body the sleeves are nice and puffy, not as puffy as those in the photos, but puffy enough. I'll take some photos tomorrow in daylight. Ended up using the head scarf I alread had as the Zorro one is too small. Notice no one has put it on their Zorro. Wish I had grabbed a sword from TA now. Maybe later I'll get the chance. I'm happy with the way he's come out. One of my favorite movies. Watched it with the grandkids today. They've never seem it. They enjoyed it.

The mask probably bothers me the most. How many people will likely display this figure without it? I'd almost prefer it to have been sculpted onto the HS than have a separate mask that is overly thick.

The mask probably bothers me the most. How many people will likely display this figure without it? I'd almost prefer it to have been sculpted onto the HS than have a separate mask that is overly thick.

But then you'd be stuck with that HS if you wanted to use it for Bashing. I for one am glad it's a separate mask. And I know some people wanted to use the Banderas HS.

But then you'd be stuck with that HS if you wanted to use it for Bashing. I for one am glad it's a separate mask. And I know some people wanted to use the Banderas HS.

Yeh true, but if I were to pick this up I'd get onto a handmade one. The mask is such an integral part of the Zorro character that this version comes across as kinda crude. The cape doesn't drape well over the shoulders either... I shouldn't be surprised by all the shortcomings, as it is a Triad product, not a HT product. I guess the $120 price tag had my expectations higher than they should have been. If I come into some extra cash I will pick this up, but it's not the must-buy I wanted it to be.

I won't have any use for the cape in the end.

And if we do get someone to sculpt a Dread Pirate Roberts for us I might push for it to have the mask sculpted...

"As you wish."
Here's my DPR using Triads Zorro outfit, pants, shirt and mask. Need to find a better sword. And untill someone makes a Wesley HS, this will have to do.

100_5371.jpg

100_5372.jpg

100_5373.jpg

100_5374.jpg

100_5375.jpg

Looks good lion.

Too bad the shirt cant billow more towards the gloves.

I'll be interested in seeing what the triad body is like.

I think it just needs a good futz. The shirt was made to be one of those fluffy poofy kind of shirts, give it the ol' water treatment, and I think it will look a lot better.

As MWC said, he's not one for futzin, which I don't think is helping in this case.

I wet both the shirt and pants as the material wrinkles very easy and came wrinkle from being folded into those little plastic zip locks bags you get when you buy them loose. Triads older figures were taller then other figures. Don't know about this new version.

I had no idea that these Triad bodies were so... er... anatomically correct...

IMG_1825.jpg

Rock out with your ____ out.

Seriously. The bulge that creates is kinda ridiculous. The fly pulls apart there. :slap

Back