*VOTE for Clean DX Headsculpts* Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
It's actually quite simple: a seller will offer his wares... and you will decide if you wish to buy his wares or not.

Idealized wish-fulfillment in our heads does not matter.
It’s actually not quite simple, what we PO at the end of September is not what we’ll get in any form. Therefore these thoughts should be expressed fully throughout the project.

Offering wares means you’ll put out what you put up, that’s not what’s happening here in any shape or form, we know this..

Currently…

We don’t know what expressions will be used, whether or not they’ll be faceplates or solid sculpts.
If rolling eyes will be implemented correctly or if at all. We don’t know what this new body will look like and if it will accurately reflect Pfeiffer’s proportions. We may be getting faceplates and rolling eyes on the clean version and a solid sculpt with painted eyes on the battle damaged version, the lack of uniformity between the two releases is concerning. All of this is blind faith to some extent, vehicles aren’t figures. $800 USD+ is a lot for a two pack of figures we know next to nothing about.

Last edited:
Idealized wish-fulfillment in our heads does not matter.

Dude, my ex told me something similar a few weeks ago. But, she hasn't deleted my number yet.

Anyways, when it comes to collectibles (of any scale or price range) it's always good to temper your expectations a bit. Prototype photos will often show an idealized version of the final product. But, unnecessarily worrying about scenarios that haven't even happened isn't really a good mindset. I think Joost has shown that JazzInc has exceptional quality-control standards and customer support. It'll be good to take comfort in that.

Yup I know rolling eyes are all the rage right now, but it can really hurt the likeness if not done perfectly right. And I'd honestly rather not take the chance with these great sculpts.

Would be nice to at least see a proto with the rolling eyes first to see how it looks, before firmly committing to it.
I don’t know. I rather risk it with high quality rolling eyes than production factory painted eyes atm. They can be painted as nice as they want right now but once those eye decals get placed on the factory, it’s a whole different story.

That’s why I’m not even taking into consideration the paint that we’re seeing on the prototype since it’s painted by Viola. It’s like expecting the paint quality on Hot Toys figures to match the ones JC Hong does personally. Only for it to be run through a factory and mass produced.

It’s actually not quite simple, what we PO at the end of September is not what we’ll get in any form. Therefore these thoughts should be expressed fully throughout the project.

Offering wares means you’ll put out what you put up, that’s not what’s happening here in any shape or form, we know this..

Of course, but that has been the rule of this 1/6th market since its inception. So we do in fact understand "the wares" for this product. Very few times has the change been so severe its been absolutely disastrous (maybe in a few instances from 3rd parties or unreliable sources like Molecule8).

The bolded comment above seems a bit Chicken Little to me.... unless you are being strictly literal and then, yes, we will not be getting a photograph of a figure but instead an actual figure.

Of course, but that has been the rule of this 1/6th market since its inception. So we do in fact understand "the wares" for this product. Very few times has the change been so severe its been absolutely disastrous (maybe in a few instances from 3rd parties or unreliable sources like Molecule8).

The bolded comment above seems a bit Chicken Little to me.... unless you are being strictly literal and then, yes, we will not be getting a photograph of a figure but instead an actual figure.
How can one confidently say that? JazzInc doesn’t even know what’s going to ship out..

Hot Toys has a better idea on final product due to their consistency of releasing product and use of factories. The changes that get made aren’t because the assembly line screwed up but rather conscious design choices, good or bad.

The truth of the matter is this factory is new to JazzInc, they may have produced figures before, that we’re not privy to. This is a complex character to tackle first figure in, there’s a reason it hasn’t been done.

Here, we’re talking about a complete night and day difference between prototype and production, that much is guaranteed, whether those differences are for the better, we don’t know and won’t until many months after the order is placed.

Last edited:
How did the “Neutral” sculpt lose bad both on here and on Facebook…? Kudos to JazzInc, but it even isn’t as neutral and “boring” as most are making it seem, there’s definitely some level of pensive emotion behind it. The “Neutral” portrait paired with her hips kicked out and posed well would look badass yet “sexy”/feminine. Or how she’s depicted here in these promo stills.

Always essential to have a neutral sculpt with any Standard set. I don’t understand how it’s in last place – oh wait, I know why, it’s cause most collectors are tired of “boring” neutral expressions. I’m sorry, but there’s a reason why those “boring” sculpts are usually the go-to, they’re the most versatile and base portrait that can work in most poses and it’s more of a natural state, and to reiterate, this particular neutral sculpt isn’t even as neutral and straight faced.

FAB14A6E-30CD-4771-9574-D1F0B73CBFFA.jpeg

896DBAD7-55DC-472E-884A-FC06C72107DD.jpeg
05E6CDC7-61CC-4CBA-9463-2F761A792806.jpeg

Last edited:
With rolling eyes and her head angled downward, you’d be able to recreate this too.

Regardless, #4 sculpt should’ve been part of the Clean DX set, but it doesn’t surprise me that collectors voted it out and Joost will succumb to collectors lol
4DA35F72-7742-4E2C-8173-BFB913A00B40.jpeg

With rolling eyes and her head angled downward, you’d be able to recreate this too.

Regardless, #4 sculpt should’ve been part of the Clean DX set, but it doesn’t surprise me that collectors voted it out and Joost will succumb to collectors lol
View attachment 727170
I'm a big fan of neutral sculpts as well, but just didn't think the Pfeiffer likeness was nearly as strong as on the others.

There was a huge period of time where we had no clue what InArt Batman was going to be before he started shipping out either.

be59cfb2-8a60-4046-8ca8-208347b2c216_text.gif

Seeing a prototype of the movable eyes would be nice though. I don’t think they’ll be bad since she has heavy eyeliner. The worst PERS on Hot Toys figures was always normal human portraits without eyeliner - like Indiana Jones or the original DX Luke. Jack Sparrow, Ledger Joker, and others always have decent eyes.

Isn’t JazzInc going to use one of the factories Hot Toys uses for this? Or am I misremembering? Joost himself said that going with movable eyes opens up the ability for them to use detailed, separate eyes. If they’re able to use Hot Toys quality eyes that’ll be a very welcome improvement.

Everything they’re going to change sounds like it’ll be for the better. The stitching, detailed separate eyes, a body custom made to Pfeiffer’s proportions.

I’m just happy to finally be getting a Pfeiffer Catwoman, but yeah, hopefully this thing delivers - I’m rooting for it.

To be fair, there was a huge period of time where we had no clue what InArt Batman was going to be before he started shipping out either.

Things change.
This enraged a lot of people, all of the tweaks behind the scenes unannounced pisses people off. The All In The Batman set wasn’t cheap and there are people out there who wanted what they put their PO in for. Again those were not marginal changes but outright changing the product completely.

How many revisions to the sculpts did they do?
We don’t know, they probably don’t either.

The ‘89 HT 2.0 prototype shown on the SS PO page didn’t have suit texture to the degree it had in production, leading myself and others to cancel and not look back.

If it’s a significant enough of a change it can throw people off completely. These are figures, they won’t have $300 NRDs like the vehicles, the chances of people canceling a figure over a $1.5K vehicle are significantly higher.

The moment Hot Toys decides to throw theirs up for PO a lot of people will cancel this with zero regard no matter how this project shapes up to be. JazzInc knows this and should try to check as many boxes as possible while offering uniform releases.
I understand with how the mask is torn, as well as the unique eye expressions, that the Battle Damaged release most likely won’t have faceplates or rolling eyes.

It’ll be jarring to see all of these differences in one complete official package. If the rolling eyes turn out good and the painted bad then one of the two figures will look severely dated next to the other and vice versa.

Last edited:
This enraged a lot of people, all of the tweaks behind the scenes unannounced pisses people off. The All In The Batman set wasn’t cheap and there are people out there who wanted what they put their PO in for. Again those were not marginal changes but outright changing the product completely.

How many revisions to the sculpts did they do?
We don’t know, they probably don’t either.
…? But we all knew they had updated the prototype headsculpt in February 2023 after the initial promo pictures in August 2022. That shouldn’t have come as a surprise to people, or did some people just conveniently forget..? They explicitly stated what they optimized and the changes they made were visually apparent and more accurate to the source.

…? But we all knew they had updated the prototype headsculpt in February 2023 after the initial promo pictures in August 2022. That shouldn’t have come as a surprise to people, or did some people just conveniently forget..? They explicitly stated what they optimized and the changes they made were visually apparent and more accurate to the source.
So you’re saying they only changed the Pattinson sculpt once before release?

They made loads of changes to the point people didn’t receive their Summer ‘22 PO until Summer ‘24. People can be pretty understanding up to a certain point, no release should have changes done after being available to PO for over a year in some cases, that’s playing with your customers money.

Last edited:
Sure? I just mentioned they had updated it in February 2023. That’s the same sculpt that made it for Final Release, but it looks different since it’s a final mass produced/degraded sculpt vs it being the master proto sculpt. Happens all the time with all company prototypes to final mass release.

Just seems like you’re creating some revisionist history here.

F3D723DB-9623-4815-9BA2-717C131CE4CE.jpeg

Point being they altered everything over the course of time with a massive delay attached to further irritate people who gave them over a grand for over two years. In fact, people still don’t have this in hand, that’s insane.

They altered the cowl, cape, both sculpts,
along with the pants detailing iirc.
Clothing downgraded quite a bit as well on Bruce Wayne, the Batsuit itself came out phenomenal.

It’s solely a point of reference, not to divert a completely different companies thread. You’re in love with InArt, I’m not here to debate that, just a point of reference in an attempt to avoid those complications here.

They made loads of changes to the point people didn’t receive their Summer ‘22 PO until Summer ‘24. People can be pretty understanding up to a certain point, no release should have changes done after being available to PO for over a year in some cases, that’s playing with your customers money.
In response to your edit, you’re just spouting off things based on conjecture on your behalf, but we’ll agree to disagree.

“Playing with your customer’s money.” Some of y’all get so hung up over this..
Point being they altered everything over the course of time with a massive delay attached to further irritate people who gave them over a grand for over two years. In fact, people still don’t have this in hand, that’s insane.
Look, but this is not entirely fair. INART Batman wasn’t globally licensed sans China. They only secured global licensing and distribution for Paul and MJ. And select figures are licensed in China, AU and NZ, so technically, the majority of us aren’t even supposed to have most of these products and if we do want them, be grateful you can obtain them via third party stores. In the end, if you can’t handle this company, refrain yourself from wanting them and don’t buy them. Hot Toys also take forever with certain releases (you remember Endgame Loki or GOTG2 Gamora, etc?)
They altered the cowl, cape, both sculpts,
along with the pants detailing iirc.
Clothing downgraded quite a bit as well on Bruce Wayne, the Batsuit itself came out phenomenal.
I think some of you guys gotta understand that INART “optimizes” their ****. It’s what they do. They tinker. JazzInc seems to also have that mentality as well and hell, even Hot Toys have updated and enhanced recent releases. In INART’s mind, I bet they do it because they’re thinking they’re improving upon the initial prototype to make it more screen accurate and also, based on community feedback. Is that inherently a bad thing..? I certainly don’t think so. But in terms of the downgraded aspects, again, everything downgrades. It’s not like this is exclusive to INART.
It’s solely a point of reference, not to divert a completely different companies thread.

And yeah, I’ll stop now. Mods, I hope y’all don’t delete, but idk, it’s just civil discussion and related.

Last edited:
Back