*VOTE for Clean DX Headsculpts* Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
I'm sure he wanted to.
Yup I'm sure these sets are as cheap as he could possibly make them. Since he doesn't sell nearly the number of figures that HT or Inart does, and can't defray the costs the same way they can.

Best to think of this as one of those fully custom figures that people pay a crap ton of money for.

I'm not aware of Joost saying anything but "close to three hundred dollars" and "around three-hundred dollars" since this figure was announced. I'd say those base prices qualify.

Is the snow stand just the bottom base of the hell here diorama? if so I see a lot of complaints about the big base coming after release.

That’s what it looks like.
Figured they’d take that opportunity to make something unique to the standard and single deluxe options.

The diorama base is an easy skip for me, since I'll probably want her posed next to the new Returns Batman anyway when it comes out. And plus it would be odd to have a giant display base behind one Catwoman figure and not the other.

I'm not aware of Joost saying anything but "close to three hundred dollars" and "around three-hundred dollars" since this figure was announced. I'd say those base prices qualify.
I’m pretty sure I remember him saying that number from somewhere. Probably an early estimate and moot but regardless.

Edit: yeah so it’s in the first announcement video. He says aiming between $250 and $300. I get things happen and prices can’t always be controlled but I knew I wasn’t pulling that number out of nowhere.

I’m pretty sure I remember him saying that number from somewhere. Probably an early estimate and moot but regardless.

Edit: yeah so it’s in the first announcement video. He says aiming between $250 and $300. I get things happen and prices can’t always be controlled but I knew I wasn’t pulling that number out of nowhere.
That was probably back before everybody insisted on moving eyes.

Wasn’t his aim early on like $250-$275? I’m sure he wanted to go lower but the prices are pretty high. He makes it out like these are a lot less than Hot Toys Artisan or InArt, but really that’s only if you get the basic versions.
I think when he started with this he said he wanted to keep a basic, clean offering under $300. Of course that was before he invited a few thousand more cooks into his kitchen and solicited their opinions lol. As for the comparisons to HT and InArt, neither of them offer deluxes with 3 unique heads with rolling eyes, so not apples to apples.

I think when he started with this he said he wanted to keep a basic, clean offering under $300. Of course that was before he invited a few thousand more cooks into his kitchen and solicited their opinions lol. As for the comparisons to HT and InArt, neither of them offer deluxes with 3 unique heads with rolling eyes, so not apples to apples.
Yeah, as much as community input is nice in certain ways in this case it kind of worked against keeping the price down.

As far as the extra heads.. nice to some degree but realistically I’m going to pick one and likely stick with it. So not really worth the extra price even though I want some of the other deluxe accessories.

People should expect a higher price when they demand more stuff like rolling eyes. The price is high, but not unexpected, especially after YEARS of waiting for a Catwoman figure. I will be getting this, most likely the 2 pack.

Joost: "This figure is $300 dollars".

People here: "But we want rolling eyes, metal claws, face plates, different bases"

Joost: "This figure is now $10 thousand dollars"

People here: "Omg this is expensive! I can't believe it!..............................................also can we have......"

And so on and so forth....

Some of the weird stuff you guys fixate on, honestly. The microscopic nails do not need to be die-cast lol.
No they dont, but at this price point I would like for them to be.
Lets not kid ourselves here - many people will grumble but cave, but that doesn't mean that the price isn't higher than it ought to be especially when some of the "premium" elements of the figures are being removed.

I watched the video and I have no doubt the figure will be good - but that doesn't change the reality that its overpriced, things like moving eyes, custom [read: accurate] bodies and accurate costuming are not favors to the customer or elements of some exceptional product of a greater elevation to other companies - they are the standards for this industry.
So I don't really buy this "too many cooks"/collectors being to blame for the higher price - look at the basic package and tell me what is here that wouldn't be standard for such a figure? What are the special elements that have raised the prices so significantly?
I know people here will hate on me and this comment, but the reality is that asking for moving eyes on an expressive figure isn't some great and unique ask we made and now we are all collectively to blame for the price - it was a common sense feature for the release and a widely available feature on most licensed figures these days.

I like Joost, I like his stuff and the figures look great - but they are overpriced and I am not gonna bend myself over backwards to justify it, now it may be that many will get this despite knowing its overpriced and thats okay - this is a character people have been waiting a long time for, hell I myself may very well cave and buy these overpriced figures anyway..... in fact, I'd even say that its likely.
But I'm not gonna pretend that this isn't overpriced, the basic especially.

No they dont, but at this price point I would like for them to be.
Lets not kid ourselves here - many people will grumble but cave, but that doesn't mean that the price isn't higher than it ought to be especially when some of the "premium" elements of the figures are being removed.

I watched the video and I have no doubt the figure will be good - but that doesn't change the reality that its overpriced, things like moving eyes, custom [read: accurate] bodies and accurate costuming are not favors to the customer or elements of some exceptional product of a greater elevation to other companies - they are the standards for this industry.
So I don't really buy this "too many cooks"/collectors being to blame for the higher price - look at the basic package and tell me what is here that wouldn't be standard for such a figure? What are the special elements that have raised the prices so significantly?
I know people here will hate on me and this comment, but the reality is that asking for moving eyes on an expressive figure isn't some great and unique ask we made and now we are all collectively to blame for the price - it was a common sense feature for the release and a widely available feature on most licensed figures these days.

I like Joost, I like his stuff and the figures look great - but they are overpriced and I am not gonna bend myself over backwards to justify it, now it may be that many will get this despite knowing its overpriced and thats okay - this is a character people have been waiting a long time for, hell I myself may very well cave and buy these overpriced figures anyway..... in fact, I'd even say that its likely.
But I'm not gonna pretend that this isn't overpriced, the basic especially.
Agreed. I’ll complain but will likely order at least one if not the two pack. Still doesn’t make me like the price and think it’s pretty high for what’s being offered.

I think much the same like with InArt some people have Jazzinc hyped as the next great sixth scale company and in turn that means we should just like and accept it because we’re getting a fan favorite character. Yet this is their first release and we don’t really know what to expect quality wise. Sure people like the vehicles but pretty different in comparison in my view.

Joost: "This figure is $300 dollars".

People here: "But we want rolling eyes, metal claws, face plates, different bases"

Joost: "This figure is now $10 thousand dollars"

People here: "Omg this is expensive! I can't believe it!..............................................also can we have......"

And so on and so forth....
This is a disingenuous argument and a strawman to boot.
People wanted rolling eyes, which was entirely reasonable especially as in the earlier prototypes the eye positions painted didn't match the scene or expression of the sculpt.
The face plates was an alternative proposed to keep costs down on multiple head sculpts - you will note its not implemented here
People didnt ask for metal claws, they were originally part of the package and are still part of the displayed prototype - not unreasonable to be annoyed at paying more than expected and yet having previously advertised features being removed.
And people wanted different bases because at one point we were insanely going to get two identical Hell-Here dioramas with the double-pack despite there being no good or sane reason for people to be forced to pay for 2 identical dioramas, especially as said diorama is completely inaccurate for the BD version.
You can disagree with folks - but at least engage honestly with their points than utilize these ad hominem rhetorical tricks.

People wanted rolling eyes, which was entirely reasonable especially as in the earlier prototypes the eye positions painted didn't match the scene or expression of the sculpt.
The face plates was an alternative proposed to keep costs down on multiple head sculpts - you will note its not implemented here
People didnt ask for metal claws, they were originally part of the package and are still part of the displayed prototype - not unreasonable to be annoyed at paying more than expected and yet having previously advertised features being removed.
And people wanted different bases because at one point we were insanely going to get two identical Hell-Here dioramas with the double-pack despite there being no good or sane reason for people to be forced to pay for 2 identical dioramas, especially as said diorama is completely inaccurate for the BD version.
You can disagree with folks - but at least engage honestly with their points than utilize these ad hominem rhetorical tricks.
It's a joke.

Man I so wish I could remove the mask from these BD heads, as I'd love to recreate this look with one of them.

sfdhhhh.JPG

It’s also a bit disingenuous to criticize Joost about potential design details because he shares info during product development that no other manufacturer would ever provide us. The fact is, no features are “advertised” as being “part of the package” until the product is up for order. Until then, it’s all speculation.

Back