WATCHMEN: Chapters 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it.

Although I may be a certified Zack Snyder hater I do love the movie, and pinning it on Dr Manhattan was a way better idea than the giant squid monster. I always thought that was really dumb.

I always felt that by using the giant squid Alan Moore was highlighting the silly fantastical aspect of comics. Like in the Silver Age especially there was just crazy stuff all over the place. Especially with DC. Jimmy Olsen comics in particular, lol. And it was intended for 6-12 year-old readers like me!

https://screenrant.com/superhero-movies-criticism-alan-moore-response/

Moore feels like adults reading comics is all part of a dumbing down process that paves the way to people readily accepting propaganda that leads to fascism, authoritarian rule. He’s an anarchist, etc. I wonder what he thinks about accelerationism? But anyway…

Last edited:
Should be fun.
I'm not a big fan of the movie, will have to watch it again. I liked it, just didn't love it.

The video playlists below ironically enhanced my appreciation of the film. It’s apparent that Snyder is doing something a bit different than what Moore, Gibbons, and Higgins did with the comic run/graphic novel. But delving into the source, the comics, makes that more clear if that makes sense.

Aaron Langerman’s analysis of Watchmen (comic run)

Cartoonist Kayfabe’s analysis of Watchmen (comic run)

Last edited:
Though the squid nix wasn’t my biggest issue with the film, if this series can avoid Snyder’s unnecessary post-Rorschach Owl/Ozzy scene then it will be an improvement.

Back