Statue Weta Workshop's Gloin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to rank the Dwarves including Gloin I'd rank them this way:

1. Balin
  2. Dwalin
  3. Gloin
  4. Bofur
  5. Thorin
  6. Bombur
  7. Kili

1. Balin
  2. Dwalin
  3. Gloin
  4. Bofur
  5. Thorin
  6. Bombur
  7. Kili

Yeah, I pretty much agree. I think Bombur looks accurate as a sculpt of the character, but I have never cared too much for his design. It's a shame Bofur isn't better, as he has turned out to be my favorite dwarf. That face just does not say Jim Nesbitt to me.

Only 6 more dwarves to go! And some people said we would never get all of them. The next one better be Ori, Dori, or Nori, they need some representation.

I like Bombur's design I just don't have strong feelings one way or the other. Bofur I think is a pretty good likeness to Nesbitt myself.

I know! It's gonna be great to have all of them and then I'll backtrack and get a Merry and Pippin statue to give me all of the Fellowship. Giving me full groups of both. :rock

I like Bombur's design I just don't have strong feelings one way or the other. Bofur I think is a pretty good likeness to Nesbitt myself.

I know! It's gonna be great to have all of them and then I'll backtrack and get a Merry and Pippin statue to give me all of the Fellowship. Giving me full groups of both. :rock

That's going to be a pretty awesome display, Josh! :hi5:

I really can't wait to see people's pics of all the dwarves together!

For myself though, whereas a few years ago I would be getting everything, I'd be happy with just Thorin, Balin and Dwalin. It's different to the LOTR fellowship because most of the dwarves aren't that memorable or important, at least they're not to anyone who isn't a fan like we are. The 3 main dwarves will do for me, unless Weta do busts then I'll get the others. Or maybe the barrel riders...

I can understand I suppose not getting all of them. Its never been something I didn't think about doing myself.

Unfortunately money and space are starting to dictate the size of my collection ;)

I don't mind though, I'm getting back to a stage where I have only things I really love and that fit into how I want my collection to look, whereas before I probably fell into the trap of buying everything for the sake of it.

Unfortunately money and space are starting to dictate the size of my collection ;)

I don't mind though, I'm getting back to a stage where I have only things I really love and that fit into how I want my collection to look, whereas before I probably fell into the trap of buying everything for the sake of it.

I do understand the money and space issue.

I hear ya. If you like where things are at and where you're taking you collection that's the main thing. I hit that point a while back and have been working to getting my collection to that point.

I really can't wait to see people's pics of all the dwarves together!

For myself though, whereas a few years ago I would be getting everything, I'd be happy with just Thorin, Balin and Dwalin. It's different to the LOTR fellowship because most of the dwarves aren't that memorable or important, at least they're not to anyone who isn't a fan like we are. The 3 main dwarves will do for me, unless Weta do busts then I'll get the others. Or maybe the barrel riders...

I'd say Bofur is more of a main dwarf than Dwalin. I'm almost positive Bofur has more lines than Dwalin in the theatrical, and he definitely does in the extended.

1. Balin
  2. Dwalin
  3. Gloin
  4. Bofur
  5. Thorin
  6. Bombur
  7. Kili

I'd agree with that - Balin is easily the best dwarf (well so far anyway!)

Shame when that happens, I am having the same problem space wise too, at the moment I'm having to keep most of my new statues boxed up (pity but I'd rather do that than risk missing out on the figures or paying over the odds later).

Just pre-ordered Gloin regardless :thud: - looks like I am getting all the dwarves in this scale after all!

I am curious to see what they do with the rest of the dwarves. I do love how each one so far shows off their personality.

I'd say Bofur is more of a main dwarf than Dwalin. I'm almost positive Bofur has more lines than Dwalin in the theatrical, and he definitely does in the extended.

Regardless of many lines he had, Dwalin is Thorins right hand man. Well, together with Balin...

Pre shipping notice came through this morning - nice surprise! :yess: May have Gloin before christmas with a bit of luck!

Gloin showed up today. Fantastic piece :rock As usual The paint job by Weta is very good and the detailing/likeness is fantastic.

I received Gloin last Friday! I didn't expect it to arrive before Christmas; I'm so glad it did! I got 9/1000.

As usual, sculpt and paint job are superb! Really great job Weta!

11503733815_b750be767a_c.jpg

11503795516_1d52a40655_c.jpg

11503758484_308c719855_c.jpg

11503813513_ffc01003bc_c.jpg

11503811633_75331cc403_c.jpg

11503793756_e669ca724f_c.jpg

11503724335_13cd96748b_c.jpg

11503809303_3514571ccb_c.jpg

Father and son! Gloin and Gimli

11503750224_7a92a89c01_c.jpg

11503721265_6950e8e98e_c.jpg

with Gimli bust