What a big mess... Ongoing replacement issues with my SS GR's....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonkard044

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Ongoing replacement issues with my SS GR's.... UPDATE: 03 / 12 / 07 on page 2...

Well, my ongoing replacement debacle for both the Modern and Old West GR Exclusives is still going.

:monkey4

I am not going to post a whole bunch of pics and the long version of the story here, but if you want to check it out, go HERE.

Now the messy part...As you can see in some of the pics in that link, I had received both of the statues (for those that don't know Old West GR looks like a cowboy and the Modern GR looks like a biker...who da thunk it :p ) damaged. Essentially I had to send back the Old West Ghostrider for a replacement.

I send it back, a few calls and emails later, I receive this.

Tell me what's wrong with this picture:
DSC01020.jpg

:monkey1

(The damaged one is the one on the Right, the replacement I received is on the Left. While I am happy the replacement is MINT, just look at the color differences...The base stands out big time.)

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

Yup. I have 2 of the same damn statue.

W T F

Well, I called Sideshow yesterday to try and iron everything out, and in SIXTY DAYS I will receive my Old West GR because they are working on getting replacement bases for the Old West GR's, and it will take approximately that long for them to arrive. Not that I am complaining, but dammit I wish everything had gone right the first time. Meh...No big deal. I love SS and them making strides to get everything right is cool.

SIXTY days though...:monkey2

UPDATE:

Inthia called me last night after we spoke about everything and she said that she wants me to DESTROY the base from the Modern replacement I received...They said that it was supposed to belong to the Old West GR, and that's why I received this replacement statue first instead of the Old West one...

Like I said, what a mess.

I really can't knock SS for trying to figure everything out and helping me with what they can, but man...another spawn.com boardie, ONEYE, said it and I believe him..."Flames are the bane of ALL statues"

...Well, except for a few friends of mine on the spawn.com forums...Spliff, The OCTOPUS and Ghetto Enhanced received theirs MINT. A few of you probably have them mint too.

...bastards.

:emperor

Last edited:
I had received one with broken flames on his head. I returned it for a refund though, I decided not to keep it (too much stuff).

I feel very fortunate since I ordered both the Old West and Modern GR Excl. and I had no problems with either of them....sorry to hear so many others have been receiving damaged figures....and thank goodness SS is a good company and is doing something about it.

My western GR arrived witha few broken flames...that are actually repairable...but I have never gotten around to fix it....mostly because its hard to tell anyway...but decided to keep mine (only due to mininal flame damage)..I didnt want to go thru the hassles you are experiencing...I'm sure SS will produce a new base, its just the waiting game thats a killer. Gotta admit these statues kick booty...mabey worth the trouble? :rolleyes:

Deadly Dagger said:
My western GR arrived witha few broken flames...that are actually repairable...but I have never gotten around to fix it....mostly because its hard to tell anyway...but decided to keep mine (only due to mininal flame damage)..I didnt want to go thru the hassles you are experiencing...I'm sure SS will produce a new base, its just the waiting game thats a killer. Gotta admit these statues kick booty...mabey worth the trouble? :rolleyes:

Worth the trouble...Yes. Does Sideshow rule..Yes.

Having to deal with all of this...NOT COOL.

;)

im crossing my fingers that my western exclu arrives safely. If not then I'll probably be in your same situation. I had to wait 3 months for Sideshow to get in more Wolvering comiquette exlcusives, and by the time they did I decided to just cancel it since I had so much other stuff comming.

Jen said:
I feel very fortunate since I ordered both the Old West and Modern GR Excl. and I had no problems with either of them....sorry to hear so many others have been receiving damaged figures....and thank goodness SS is a good company and is doing something about it.

Krusaders luck.:naughty

nash said:
im crossing my fingers that my western exclu arrives safely. If not then I'll probably be in your same situation. I had to wait 3 months for Sideshow to get in more Wolvering comiquette exlcusives, and by the time they did I decided to just cancel it since I had so much other stuff comming.

Nice avatar Nash...whos that girl?

I'll be more than happy to take the flame base off your hands for when my regular arrives. But we'd have to photoshop some broken pics of it :monkey3

nash said:
did you end up getting a modern or western?

The modern. I like both since I can only get one, I liked the modern more. I bought Bob's last one.

good pick up bro. the modern is awesome. If I were to only get one, that would be my choice

you'll love the chain, its huge

nash said:
good pick up bro. the modern is awesome. If I were to only get one, that would be my choice

you'll love the chain, its huge

It was listed as a pre-order, so I'm just waiting for him to get it in stock. Though I though all of these had shipped already.

03 / 12 / 07 >

Well, I received the replacement base....Take a guess what I saw once I openend the box.

DSC01096.jpg

Cool...A little behind the scenes dvd...Me likey!
DSC01097.jpg

Bagged Air?
DSC01098.jpg

What the f*** is that?!?!...
DSC01099.jpg

*In Darth Vaders voice from EP III*

NOOOooooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
DSC01100.jpg

Dammit...Another broken flame...Another base....why oohhhh why God?

:monkey2

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01102.jpg

The icing on an already chaotic, depression filled cake >
DSC01103.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

SON OF A M*********** **** F*** S*** dajfbiab iUASHYDFBVSUGDVFUGASVDGV !!!!!!!!!!2354

Ahhh... Much better.

Seriously folks...what the hell do I do now. I am honestly debating returning both and just getting my money back...The back and forth, back and forth with all of this mess is driving me insane.

This is very depressing. I don't see why sideshow could place the base in a box and then pack it, instead of surrounding it with airbags. I am not sure about you but I'd return both and get my money back. This is getting ridiculous!

That is one abysmal packing job. I'm astounded you only have one broken flame. Shoulda been in shredded paper or popcorn. Air bags! You gotta be kidding. I'd ask if that is the way they will pack another replacement. If they say yes, I'd keep this one and ask for a discount coupon.

THE GHOST RIDER STATUE SHIPPING FIASCO IS NOW A STORY OF LEGEND.

My order says shipping soon and I'm very nervous about it coming cross country. I would never buy one of these anywhere but direct from SS. Once these are completely sold out, I think this problem is only going to add to the value of an intact Exclusive. I hope all of us who just had orders converted get them safe and sound.

Back