What a big mess... Ongoing replacement issues with my SS GR's....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
My order says shipping soon and I'm very nervous about it coming cross country. I would never buy one of these anywhere but direct from SS. Once these are completely sold out, I think this problem is only going to add to the value of an intact Exclusive. I hope all of us who just had orders converted get them safe and sound.
Agreed. I am nervous as well. Hopefully ours arrive in pristine condition.

May all your flames arrive intact.:chew

I went the other route. Just bought an exclusive old west with broken flames cheap. I'm going to make a custom base from the broken baby Balrog piece I have. It will be sandy with a couple tumbleweeds on it. Gotta hunt up some really small twigs.

Basically here is how it breaks down (pun intended) in sequence of how things have gone...

I order the Exclusive of Modern Ghostrider, and the Old West.

months pass.....

I receive both. Both are broken.

I contact SS to get replacements for each.

I get instructions and labels to send back the Old West Excl. I send it back.

few weeks pass...

I receive another Modern Exclusive...W T F...so now I have 2 of the same statue.

I tell SS. They say that they meant to send me the Old West replacement first, but I received the base with the Modern instead.

I am told to destroy the Old West base with the second Modern GR once I receive a replacement base.

few more weeks pass...

I receive the replacement base today, and it is broken.

That's all of what has happenend so far in a nutshell.

Confused yet?

;)

Everyone pray for me and hope that mine arrives minty fresh and no broken flames.

Please, gods of FedEx, don't curse me!!

Returning My Old West Exclusive 2mar0..

Im sure as much as a headache this is for the buyer, its worse for Sideshow..

They prolly wish these bases never existed...:emperor

I was looking at your first post again and noticed you made a comment on the differences in color with the flames on the base. The base for my Old West GR is a light yellow/creamish color - rather than the red/orange that was depicted on SS's site...I made a comment to SS about how the color wasn't as vibrant as I hoped it would be...but considering that it came in one piece, I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

What a frustrating ass mess you are going through. So sorry to hear it. If it was me, I'd probably say f*** it and just get my money back. The pieces aren't cheap and you shouldn't be having this much trouble with them. Whatever you decide, I hope it all works out.

Jen said:
I was looking at your first post again and noticed you made a comment on the differences in color with the flames on the base. The base for my Old West GR is a light yellow/creamish color - rather than the red/orange that was depicted on SS's site...I made a comment to SS about how the color wasn't as vibrant as I hoped it would be...but considering that it came in one piece, I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

What a frustrating ass mess you are going through. So sorry to hear it. If it was me, I'd probably say f*** it and just get my money back. The pieces aren't cheap and you shouldn't be having this much trouble with them. Whatever you decide, I hope it all works out.

Thanks bro.

:monkey3

I think that the big difference in the bases might be specific to a certain statue...The more vibrant one for me came with my first Modern Excl...The Old West Excl had a kinda washed out base.

I also received a broken Old west exclusive a few weeks ago. it was #4 too :monkey2

7 of the flames were broken off and some I coudlnd figure out where they went so I returned it to the retailer. He's telling me that he is trying to get a replacement from sideshow but now there is a waiting list for the replacement bases which will take a few weeks at least.

Im also thinking of just asking for a refund and track down a regular version later on.

As much as I'd like for you guys to get one intact, I'd say your chances are pretty damn slim, unless Sideshow retooled their packaging.

nash said:
I also received a broken Old west exclusive a few weeks ago. it was #4 too :monkey2

As much as I'd like for you guys to get one intact, I'd say your chances are pretty damn slim, unless Sideshow retooled their packaging.

I dont know anyone who got a non-damaged Old West..

Mine came with a dozen broken flames... Number 69 :monkey5

I was told I have a replacement reserved.. But if you didnt report right away you might not get one..

I would NEVER order this one thru the 2ndary market.. You'll be soooowwwwwwyyyy:emperor

I lost 3 or 4 flames on my statue, it doesn’t really show so I decided not to go through the hassle of a replacement. If I had 7 I would have had to, just lucky I didn’t.

nash said:

7 of the flames were broken off and some I coudlnd figure out where they went so I returned it to the retailer. He's telling me that he is trying to get a replacement from sideshow but now there is a waiting list for the replacement bases which will take a few weeks at least.

Im also thinking of just asking for a refund and track down a regular version later on.

Damn, and what an incredibly low number too. Sorry to hear that.

Man, now I am wondering if I should just go ahead and call SS before it arrives and reserve one. :lol

I'll let you know on Saturday. That when FedEx graces my doorstep.

Back