What are you eating...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures paint 1000 words, but in the "What are you eating/drinking" threads, I feel it's more like 2000 :lol

Ween, this joint has killer sweet potato steak fries but I decided I had to cut the calories somewhere :lol. Sounds like you're a steak gal, but I'm hoping that showing you where the cut actually comes from doesn't gross you out. "Shell" is just another common name for "Strip". They're the same exact cut:

The Four High End Steaks You Should Know | Serious Eats

It comes from the short loin section:

Hnnnnggggg!

giphy.gif

Pumpkin pancakes from the NY staple Shopsin's. The chorizo didn't make it to the pic and the mac & cheese juuust slid in :lol

Kenny Shopsin is famous in NY for being an eccentric one of kind dude. There's a documentary on him "I like killing flies" and you can see some of his rants and ramblings of his somewhat warped philosophy on YouTube.

His little diner is known for having rules (follow or possibly get the boot) and a 900 item menu with dishes named things like "blisters on my sisters", or his verity of "slutty cakes"

Raspberries, blue berries, apple, pomegranate, and coconut water for breakfast. Soon persimmon. Stir-fried string beans with mushroom and sweet potato for lunch.

Back