Who's going to ORC this weekend?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Aldeggon said:
Where are the Faramir pictures?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I didn't take any pics of the figures today but I will tell you that it was FANTASTIC!!! It's my favorite of the 12-inch line so far (after having seen it in person). IIRC the Sideshow folks said that everything they brought today were production pieces. Faramir was awesome!

I also really liked the Frodo/Gollum diorama. It's small but quite amazing in it's own right.

The Sauron bust is pretty niffty looking from a distance but is even more impressive up close (due to all the detail work you don't notice from far away).

They also had Lurtz PF, Frodo PF and the Cave troll bust. But everyone either has those are saw them at Comic-con.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET PICTURES UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!

You say they're production pieces? As in really, truly, what we will be getting in our hands in x number of months??? And you say he's your FAVORITE?!?!? Coming from a member whose opinions I can trust with accuracy? This must be some prophecy of joy, some omen of a bliss of which I can only imagine at this point! OH WHY AM I TORMENTED WITH THIS LACK OF IMAGES, WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO BEHOLD THE ONE TRUE DESIRE OF MY COLLECTING HEART?!?!?

Captain Aldeggon said:

You say they're production pieces? As in really, truly, what we will be getting in our hands in x number of months??? And you say he's your FAVORITE?!?!? Coming from a member whose opinions I can trust with accuracy? This must be some prophecy of joy, some omen of a bliss of which I can only imagine at this point! OH WHY AM I TORMENTED WITH THIS LACK OF IMAGES, WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO BEHOLD THE ONE TRUE DESIRE OF MY COLLECTING HEART?!?!?

I believe they did say that everything they brought were production pieces (Dave can give the definitive answer to this or anyone else here who was there tonight). I think many Faramir fans will really like his figure. The 12-inch line has produced great costumes and accessories. I've really liked the Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir figures I own but the Faramir 12-inch figure impressed me more than the 3 previous. The likeness is pretty darn good and the costuming/accessories are just freaking awesome! I can't wait to have him in hand in the next few months.

Captain Aldeggon said:

The calls of the tormented must be answered!

a1uq1.jpg

However for the rest of my pics you will have to stay tuned to SideshowCollectibles.com. Hopefully they will be up before too long.

Faramir was confirmed to be production, and it looks shockingly good.

Thanks Dusty and the lovely Sideshow gang for letting me tag along all day :rock

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
...One thing that made me very nervous was the trend to more fully sculpted LotR product and less of the PF or 1/6 variety. A show of hands demonstrated that more fans were interested in that type of item and Heath said they had noticed that trend. I hope they don't take that seriously...

Nooooooooo!!!! This has got to be the worst news ever! :monkey2

This shouldn't surprise anyone. After all, most of us collect LOTR because of the utter awesomeness of the fully-sculpted SS/W line.

Darklord Dave said:
One thing that made me very nervous was the trend to more fully sculpted LotR product and less of the PF or 1/6 variety. A show of hands demonstrated that more fans were interested in that type of item and Heath said they had noticed that trend. I hope they don't take that seriously.

Well there certainly are those polystone devotees, eek - that news somewhat concerns me as well. :google I would assume relatively speaking of course, that the all-sculpted pieces are easier to produce; what with no fabric choices, costuming, etc --- oh my! :horror

Where can you get one of those machines? I only need a version with one input if available, not four.

LOTRFan said:
traitevache.jpg

You said it! :wacky

Wouldn't that be 'udder' awesomeness?? :confused: :lol

Anyway, yes the Faramir is total production. It is not the FINAL production sample, but something they call 'pre-production' - meaning it was completely put together at the overseas production facility, but they haven't finished the entire run yet... it's the one they send over for final approvals before starting the run. Unfortunately we couldn't bring the box to show - which will have a Two Towers theme instead of Fellowship like the other 3 1:6th scale figures so far - but the final sample of that is due to arrive any day, so watch the blog for images!

Yes, David Wenham loved it, and we'll be sending him one when they arrive. He was very excited that there is FINALLY a *definitive* version of Faramir out there :) He's a lovely gentleman.

ORC has been really fun so far - thanks to all the LOTR fans who made it out and asked such GREAT questions! And thanks to Chuck for agreeing to be our minion for the day and grab some truly AWESOME pictures, which we'll hopefully be posting with the next newsletter. Stay tuned!

Oh, and CAhobbit and I and some other friends from TORn ran into Orlando Bloom on Friday night, and one of us was brave enough to get a photo with him (it wasn't me - ha, I'm a dork): https://newboards.theonering.net/fo...C;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=17724 *squeeeeeeeee!* ;)

Oh, and in one of the panels, Klauder said, offhandedly: "Dusty is all over the internet" - then he finally realized what that sounded like and said "no, not like that!!" :lol I think I have the audio.

It's too bad it's not like that! :D

Glad you guys had a great time. And don't be afraid to molest Orli the next time you run into him, he's very forthcoming. ;)

I think Heath referred to you as the Wizard of Oz :D

Dusty, are you posting from your laptop?

gabberjawa said:
I think Heath referred to you as the Wizard of Oz :D

Dusty, are you posting from your laptop?

I'm not at ORC yet - will get there at about 12:15-ish today probably... you coming by? I get to show Andy Serkis the Frodo and Gollum dio today... we met him last night during the dessert party (well, the guys already knew him from Comic-Con a couple years ago, but I finally met him - he's sweet and was very excited to see the dio).

Oh, and I almost forgot, we ran into Sala Baker last night as wel, who also knows the Sideshow guys. He's cool and really likes to talk!

SideshowDusty said:
...Oh, and CAhobbit and I and some other friends from TORn ran into Orlando Bloom on Friday night, and one of us was brave enough to get a photo with him (it wasn't me - ha, I'm a dork): https://newboards.theonering.net/fo...C;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=17724 *squeeeeeeeee!* ;)

Oh come on you big baby. ;) :lol

Thanks for the link. And I see by reading the description, Viggo was supporting Billy's band Beecake as welll. Thank goodness my wife wasn't there, because there would have been a trail of devistation more than will probably be seen in the upcoming World War Hulk comic to get in a picture with him. :rotfl

SideshowDusty said:
I'm not at ORC yet - will get there at about 12:15-ish today probably... you coming by? I get to show Andy Serkis the Frodo and Gollum dio today... we met him last night during the dessert party (well, the guys already knew him from Comic-Con a couple years ago, but I finally met him - he's sweet and was very excited to see the dio).

Ah crap! I better get there.

Great pic Chuck and Kudos to you for getting to be SS Photographer for the day! Can't wait for Faramir to arrive as he looks to be as good as we could want. Wish I had the time and money to make it to Orc. Maybe someday. :)

Darklord Dave said:
The boys from the 'show had to back out of the Sunday panel - so if you're planning on seeing them on Sunday - you'll be very disappointed. But the 2 panels on Saturday are still on.

Anyone have any burning questions that we should ask?

(Besides "When/what is the next 12 inch/PF?")

Ok....when can we expect to see a legendary scale balrog or ringwraith? [ You said besides asking about the next 12"/PF] :lol

Back