Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I have my Doctor Strange Steelbook from BB, I'm starting to have second thoughts that maybe I should have just purchased the regular 3D version.

:lol And the 3D in the theater wasn't even very good, too many missed opportunities.

Zavvi's always do. That's usually the difference between theirs and Best Buy's.

The last few Marvel/Disney steel books from Zavvi didn't have titles on the spine. That's why Zavvi specifically advertised this steel with "Title on spine!", LOL.

Now that I have my Doctor Strange Steelbook from BB, I'm starting to have second thoughts that maybe I should have just purchased the regular 3D version.

:lol And the 3D in the theater wasn't even very good, too many missed opportunities.

The steel is pretty rare, you can save that for trade bait. Or I'll buy it off you. :monkey3

The last few Marvel/Disney steel books from Zavvi didn't have titles on the spine. That's why Zavvi specifically advertised this steel with "Title on spine!", LOL.

The steel is pretty rare, you can save that for trade bait. Or I'll buy it off you. :monkey3

Really? Granted I don't buy every one, but the ones that matched BB's that I have bought did. Hmmm....

I checked a few hours ago and it was still available online.

Edit - nope, it's gone now. If I decide to exchange it tomorrow, I'll sell it to you if you want.

Really? Granted I don't buy every one, but the ones that matched BB's that I have bought did. Hmmm....

I just caved and started getting Zavvi releases, but that's the main gripe from the old school Zavvi collectors on other forums.

I checked a few hours ago and it was still available online.

Edit - nope, it's gone now. If I decide to exchange it tomorrow, I'll sell it to you if you want.

That's all right, man. Thanks but my Zavvi copy shipped yesterday...way earlier than expected. So I have my Best Buy copy and the Zavvi one on the way. Going to either sell one or hold one for trade bait since the window seems to be closing on the Moana 3D steel...

IMG_1615_zpsfpmohsc6.jpg

My Best Buy let me order the Dr. Strange 3d steel for pickup, then emailed an hour later saying it wasn't in stock. The email link allowed me to change the order to have it shipped to my house within a week, so I did. Then a few hours later I got another email saying my shipment is backordered and should be in stock at the end of March. Maybe they'll do another run, maybe not. $35 is a lot to pay anyways. I should know by the end of the month if I'll get one...

Last edited:
Moana 3D Steelbook. Considering the challenge I went through to get one, I will be ordering them online the instant they go up for Pre-order.

I wonder if 3D Steelbooks have been scaled back in numbers due to the recent announcement.

My Best Buy let me order the Dr. Strange 3d steel for pickup, then emailed an hour later saying it wasn't in stock. The email link allowed me to change the order to have it shipped to my house within a week, so I did. Then a few hours later I got another email saying my shipment is backordered and should be in stock at the end of March. Maybe they'll do another run, maybe not. $35 is a lot to pay anyways. I should know by the end of the month if I'll get one...

I had a similar experience, trying to get the Dr. Strange 3D steelbook. I guess I waited too long to pre-order it, because when I tried to pre-order it a few days before release, every time I tried to "proceed to checkout," the website kicked the item back out of my cart and said that it was "currently unavailable." So, on the day of release, I went to Best Buy (got there about twenty minutes early) and waited for them to open. There was one guy who was there ahead of me, so I was the second person in the store when it opened. The guy ahead of me was there to get the Dr. Strange steelbook too, but he wasn't looking for the 3D version, so I was the first one in the door, looking for a copy. There were 3 copies of the regular steelbook out for sale and zero copies of the 3D steelbook. I asked a salesperson if there were any available and they said they only got 3 copies in and they were all for customers who had pre-ordered it for store pick up. So from the minute they opened on the day of release, there were zero copies of the 3D steelbook available and 3 copies of the 2D steelbook (all of which were gone by the time I left the store-I'd say within 30 minutes). I ended up just getting the regular 3D edition.

Back