•SPettersenart• "Captain Nemo"- Status: Completed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: •SPettersenart• "Captain Nemo" Pre-order 1.29.14 @ 6pm PDT Pics: pg 5

I am also wondering if the sculpt will be offered separately - I want to be able to display Nemo in both diver and captain versions at the same time.

Yeah, it'd be a shame to leave one set left in a box.

Thank you guys! This has been a very exciting (and daunting at times) effort! I really appreciate the kind words.

Imagine what this would look like with a 1/6 scale shark, or better yet... a GIANT SQUID!!!

Or perhaps a 1:6 section of the Nautilus? I think I will eventually make the wheelhouse for displaying the "Captain".

That would be great. I will definitely pose my Nemos, at least for pictures, next to my efx Nautilus even though it is way too small - which is not normally said of a 4 foot long model.

The efx Nautilus is a thing of beauty. Wish I had one but I guess I'll have to make do with my light up hallmark nautilus x-mas ornament! :lol

Besides the giant squid we need figures of Ned Land and Conseil. What do you say Scott? those should be trivial compared to the diver suit!

Yes, Ned Land is something I plan on doing. Sailor look with harpoon....

Wow, the detail is amazing. Looks the real thing

Is there going to be a head/clothing set?

Thanks Erik-
No, sorry, no kits for the "Diver" look. I can't possibly make more than the 15 offered. It is a very time consuming process.
For the "Captain" look I'm undecided as of yet on HC sets.

Best- S.

I am also wondering if the sculpt will be offered separately - I want to be able to display Nemo in both diver and captain versions at the same time.

Yeah, it'd be a shame to leave one set left in a box.

Perhaps I can offer separate heads at a later date to Dx buyers once my schedule permits it.

Best- S.

This looks incredible Scott, unfortunately out of my price range at the moment, id love to own one of your figures man, i know you just finished this and it was time consuming and no rush haha but any ideas on your next project haha?

Thanks Scott. You made my day, maybe my year. This DX set is amazing.
Its dead on in every way.
And the finished James Mason head is perfect.
This is your best work.

I was wondering if Tuco is still in the works?

Last edited:

Scott, that turned out great! More than great, I would say the best custom of the year, I don’t think anyone else it going to do anything as cool as this.

Did you give the etching another try?

Re: •SPettersenart• "Captain Nemo" WIP

can't seem to get past your first page... or last page if I post but can't navigate in your thread, Scott. Really want to see pics.

This looks incredible Scott, unfortunately out of my price range at the moment, id love to own one of your figures man, i know you just finished this and it was time consuming and no rush haha but any ideas on your next project haha?

Ned Land! :wink1:

Thanks Scott. You made my day, maybe my year. This DX set is amazing.
Its dead on in every way.
And the finished James Mason head is perfect.
This is your best work.

I was wondering if Tuco is still in the works?

Scott, that turned out great! More than great, I would say the best custom of the year, I don’t think anyone else it going to do anything as cool as this.

Wow thanks guys! I'm very humbled.
I'm not sure what will be next quite yet.
I have a few possibilities but nothing is in stone yet, Deadman, Ned Land, Bandito Tuco. If there is a demand for something though, let me know what you guys want, I'm all ears.

Steve- No, not yet but I did wind up going with a type of etched emblem for Nemo's captains hat.

can't seem to get past your first page... or last page if I post but can't navigate in your thread, Scott. Really want to see pics.
Seems to be working for me now. You can always see pics on my site too: https://www.spettersenart.blogspot.com

Best- S.

:goodpost:

What an incredible piece. Bravo Scott. :clap

Wow thanks guys! I'm very humbled.
I'm not sure what will be next quite yet.
I have a few possibilities but nothing is in stone yet, Deadman, Ned Land, Bandito Tuco. If there is a demand for something though, let me know what you guys want, I'm all ears.

Best- S.

I'd suggest considering a John Wayne. Seems like the interest level is not high enough for an Iminime project, but perhaps enough for you? To be clear I am not talking about quality/ability - just the number of figures.

Glad you sold out of the DX sets.
I wonder why this thread has had so little response
Maybe not allot of people on the board have seen the movie
Wouldn't surprise me. There were people on the Taxi Driver thread that hadn't seen that
That's ok, the big fans of the movie got something special

Last edited:

What an incredible piece. Bravo Scott. :clap

Thanks guys, means a lot.

I'd suggest considering a John Wayne. Seems like the interest level is not high enough for an Iminime project, but perhaps enough for you? To be clear I am not talking about quality/ability - just the number of figures.

I'd consider it...

Glad you sold out of the DX sets.
I wonder why this thread has had so little response
Maybe not allot of people on the board have seen the movie
Wouldn't surprise me. There were people on the Taxi Driver thread that hadn't seen that
That's ok, the big fans of the movie got something special

I'm assuming not a lot of people have seen the film but it's hard to believe. It's such a great movie!
It's an old movie for sure- well before my time, but it was such a ground breaking film for it's time and imo it still holds up.
Plus Nemo is such an interesting, dark and complex character... hopefully it's not that I haven't done my job well enough.
Anyway, thanks guys for the support and I hope you enjoy the figures when they're ready!

Best- S.

This was an amazing effort Scott!
Wish I had the funds to grab it :(

Outstanding figure set!

Sea of plastic...So much casting involved for these guys that my pressure pot broke! :(
31 molds per 1 figure, only 9 pieces shown here...

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 5.27.38 PM.jpg

For those interested in a 2nd head sculpt for their DX set I've decided to go ahead with offering those.
Send me a message if you ordered the DX and want to add one to your order.

Thanks- S.

Scott, just incredible... bummed I missed out!

Hi Scott, do u still planning deadmanv2 for this year?
Great work!

Back