►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's Imperial collection from Transylvania

:stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo :stormtroo ..........

Cool little helmet, Sergiu... Compared to your collection of 1:1 ! :rock

... I stay tuned ... I stay tuned ... But I hear nothing coming ... :D

Thanks Mastter! :duff

Tomy AT-AT Driver mini-helmet. Really cool and for it's 1:6 size, very accurate. I might have some plans with this one, keep tuned ;)

ly7n4.jpg

1zd6k4h.jpg

jz7ihi.jpg

Cool Helmet; Sergui, Congrats

*tuned in*

:panic:

Congrats my friend, great SW acquisition ;)

:stormtroo :stormtroo ..........

Cool little helmet, Sergiu... Compared to your collection of 1:1 ! :rock

... I stay tuned ... I stay tuned ... But I hear nothing coming ... :D

More awesomeness full of imperial entanglements!
Congrats on the spotlight:yess:

Congrats on the new acquisition mate. :duff

The 1/6 helmet looks very cool and can't wait to see what you plan on coming up with.

Cool Helmet; Sergui, Congrats

Thanks guys. :duff The idea I have will not happen right now. I need something first, hopefully obtainable.

Until then a comparison with the 1:1 AT-AT Driver helmet:

k48pi.jpg

Nice!

I so need me a 1:1 helmet. A stormtrooper helmet would be sick.

... Well we will have to wait, so ... :lol

Anyway, this comparison shot is very interesting.
I do not remember whether or not you have other helmets from Tomy?

Nice!

I so need me a 1:1 helmet. A stormtrooper helmet would be sick.

There are a few choices then...

1. First, if not going for 100% accuracy and wanting a lower price, you might consider the Master Replicas Collector's Edition (MR CE) or eFX Precision Cast (eFX PC) - same mold, just minor different paint apps MR CE is ANH, eFX PC is ESB, thus the frown is black. It is a cool symmetrical helmet, but it doesn't come with stand or plaque. Still very nice if you manage to get it under $200.

2. The second option is the MR/eFX Limited Edition (LE) helmet made of fiberglass, the one that comes with stand, plaque and COA - 1,048 made by MR, and 500 by eFX. The LE is also a bit idealized, but being made of solid fiberglass and having a full black fabric interior padding makes it a sought after collectible. The only problem is the price, which goes VERY high.

My MR CE (left - with custom stand and plaque) and eFX LE (right):

attakusdisplay.jpg

3. The 3rd option are the fan made helmets. There are quite many to choose from, and most of the made from original molds. These can be found at RPF and the 501st forum. From right to left almost all my Stormtrooper helmets (except Shepperton Design Studios aka SDS Hero which is on my 1:1 Stormie, eFX LE Hero and MR CE Stunt) - all these helmets are Stunts (except the CfO) and made from original molds - thus you can see the difference between them:

ANH TE2 Madrid Boba Sandtrooper, ANH SDS, ANH TE2, ANH RS Props (SiMan), ESB ATA, ROTJ CfO Hero

64qhk5.jpg

The fan made helmets are even better than the licensed helmets since they keep all the original warts and bumps of the originals (some are cleaned up though) but the price is less than the MR/eFX LE

4. The last option will be the upcoming eFX Legend Stormtrooper Hero helmet which supposedly wis the most accurate Hero bucket. But this is to be seen, we don't know too much about it, not even an approximate price.

Some of the helmets makers/producers:

MR/eFX = Master Replicas/eFX Collectibles - licensed Star Wars helmets

AP = Authentic Props - because it's being pulled in ABS, the detail is not as sharp as the TE2

ATA = Affordable Trooper Armor - Is it made by SuperTrooper (Terrell from FISD/501st) from a CAP mold

CfO = Cast from Original - ROTJ helmets with special liners inside, but they are making other helmets, even non-Star Wars props

FX/GT= is a fan sculpt but not accurate at all. Many 501st members still wear this type of armor. The helmet is notorious for it's over-sized, bobble-head look.

Gino = very accurate helmet.

SDS = Shepperton Design Studios (Andrew Ainsworth - the guy who pulled the helmets back in 1976) - a lot of controversy here, but the helmets themselves are cool, and a bit more sturdier then the regular unlicensed lids.

SiMan/RS Props = the latest Stormtrooper helmet produced from a movie used prop (this is the ultimate Stormtrooper Stunt helmet and keeps ALL the details and bumps from the original ILM helmet)

TM = Trooper Master - a 100% fan sculpt but probably the most accurate armor in the world (for not having been recast from screen-used items).

TE/TE2 = Trooper Expert - TE has sold his molds and the new owner is going by the term TE2. Very accurate.

... Well we will have to wait, so ... :lol

Anyway, this comparison shot is very interesting.
I do not remember whether or not you have other helmets from Tomy?

I have a Vader (reveal) and Stormie, both on display next to the Sideshow figures :)

Last edited:

Every time I see the Helmets it makes me feel you have futuristic army troops stationed in your house. :monkey1:monkey1

Every time I see the Helmets it makes me feel you have futuristic army troops stationed in your house. :monkey1:monkey1

You have a Platoon of Stormtroopers in you House; Sergui, Very Very Cool

Thanks guys. :) Indeed I have a platoon of Stormies in my house, but right now they are all out for a beer, only the helmets are left in :D

My girlfriend got me her second present for my birthday, next to the Brian Rood "Trooper" print I got not long ago: the Attakus TIE fighter pilot statue. Really nice statue, not that accurate, but very cool though. It will complete my SDS TIE Pilot life-size bust well. :)

attakustiefighterpilot0.jpg

YIKES!

That was A LOT of words :thud:

Definitely need a nap now. Thanks for the info Jkno :)

And that TIE pilot looks great, your girl sure knows how to shop for you.

Wow....you have so wonderful collection - my SW fan hearth cry with pleasure to see this nice pieces!!!

Three cheers for your rocking santa clause girlfriend Sergui. Congrats for the new gift :duff

Back