Premium Format 1/4 scale Indiana Jones PF Repaint & Fix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resurrecting this, since my jacket is trashing now. Sniff.
Anyone know of a jacket source or where to send your old jacket to be copied?

I was looking at the old Diamond Select 1/4 Indy and the jacket might be useable for this but needs some work.

The original poster of this thread said he removed the jacket and had a pattern made. Next a tailor made a new jacket from real leather. The trick is getting the jacket on and off. You're going to have to break his arm to do it. Ouch.

I just checked my jacket sadly the right and left cuffs are peeling off :( I glued it down what paint can I use to match the jacket ? I have the 1/4 figure if the jacket falls apart later:gah:

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread.

I was lucky enough to get one of these recently for a great price and I have repainted the face, adding more stubble,and the arms on it. One of the eyes was slightly off and although I still have to put the black lining around one I think it looks better now. The sculpt on this really is superb. I wish I had it in 1/6 scale as well!

Attachments

• 20190706_194206.jpg
    20190706_194206.jpg
    177.4 KB
  • 20190706_194219.jpg
    20190706_194219.jpg
    153.1 KB
  • 20190706_194236.jpg
    20190706_194236.jpg
    178.7 KB
  • 20190706_194344.jpg
    20190706_194344.jpg
    144.1 KB
  • 20190706_194425.jpg
    20190706_194425.jpg
    140.8 KB
  • 20190706_194433.jpg
    20190706_194433.jpg
    150.5 KB
  • 20190706_194524.jpg
    20190706_194524.jpg
    151.7 KB
I am in the process if purchasing one of these from a friend and the jacket is in horrible condition. Is there any way to remove the jacket without breaking an arm? Also, anyone had info on how I can get a new jacket?

I am in the process if purchasing one of these from a friend and the jacket is in horrible condition. Is there any way to remove the jacket without breaking an arm? Also, anyone had info on how I can get a new jacket?
GeeWhiz customs did mine. Yes you have to break at least one arm. It's expensive to have the jacket done by them. You have to send them the old one. They are in the Phillipines. I don't know of any other alternatives though. However GeeWhiz nailed it and uses real leather that will last. I asked them to make it slightly longer to match the actual screen used appearance. The sideshow jacket is too short like a pilots jacket that ends at the waist. Indy's was longer. Maybe someone else makes something. You can start here reading... https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5900459#post5900459

Here are my "notes" I posted there...
"Getting some requests on the process for how I replaced the jacket. For those that want to know what to do, you must break the arms of the statue to remove the old jacket, I was able to do it by only breaking one arm, the right arm near the elbow. You do not want to break it near the wrist hand area so take precautions. The old jacket pleather will crumble off as you remove. It's a mess. LOL You must send the old jacket to Geewhiz Customs but you must contact them first and get their instructions on how to ship to them in Philippines, you will have a long wait, as they are booked up well in advanced but it's worth it. Ship it off and just forget about it and when it's time they will let you know.
Getting the jacket back on is tricky with only one arm broken but I did it, the new jacket is strong enough to handle being pulled and stretched a bit. You may need to hold onto the shirt cuff with something so it doesn't slide up the arm. Can't remember all I did now but take your time and think it through and it will be ok. It's not inexpensive, you will be spending for a high quality replacement custom product. So expect the price to reflect that and that Indy will look great a long time. I asked that they lengthen mine slightly as it was too short from Sideshow and not as film accurate as I would have liked, so measure how much you want them to lengthen if you want that and provide detailed instructions. "

Last edited:
Back