1/6 Guyver figure from Max Factory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm the odd man out here in terms of liking it enough to pay that price.
For me, it's not a case of not liking it enough to pay a premium price. I adore Guyver and visually, the figure is appealing. Had the quality actually matched that of a $600 figure, I'd have considered buying. It's very apparent that the price is due to them likely paying a lot for the license, having to cast molds that are only for a highly limited amount of figures, adding lights etc. All expenses that were passed on to the customer, but are not reflected in the quality of the figure itself.

Light features often fail in figures after time, so maybe they could have considered painting the illuminated effects on an extra head, rather than adding electronic costs that may not stand the test of time. For this price, I personally would rather have seen a durable diecast figure with an extra human head sculpt and no gimmicky light effects.

I paid $100 for the Figma and it is a gorgeous figure for the price with an additional head sculpt to mix up the appearance. I am happy for those who bought the 1/6 and are pleased with it, but that does not mean I think the price is justifiable.

One Guyver with temperamental light effects is enough for me and cost $40.

PXL_20240618_212956857.jpg

Last edited:
Back