1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda regret canceling now šŸ¤£
But I only cancelled because it took so long, I didn't mind the head before but it still looks good now.

Cannot wait for this one to arrive. He really turned out amazing. That sideshow mashup above is absolute magic. Please keep posting pics of this awesomeness!
Fantastic sculpt IMO. Hits exactly the right spot between ROTS Obi and Old Obi. It's perfect :love

From that vid, am thrilled. Looks like great paint, excellent set. Bein' a diorama base fan, the new base is welcome. My only nit would be the tunic IMO looks too clean; but maybe I'll get an extra to distress.

Last edited:
Fantastic sculpt IMO. Hits exactly the right spot between ROTS Obi and Old Obi. It's perfect :love

From that vid, am thrilled. Looks like great paint, excellent set. Bein' a diorama base fan, the new base is welcome. My only nit would be the tunic IMO looks too clean; but maybe I'll get an extra to distress.
I will confess, the diorama base with floating rocks was a big factor of why I did not cancel based off the initial sculpt. That could be used with any Jedi or Sith that loves levitating rocks to be thrown haha. The fact that they upgraded the sculpt to this level is such a treat--along with moveable eyes for everyone now!

I will confess, the diorama base with floating rocks was a big factor of why I did not cancel based off the initial sculpt. That could be used with any Jedi or Sith that loves levitating rocks to be thrown haha. The fact that they upgraded the sculpt to this level is such a treat--along with moveable eyes for everyone now!
For me, I can use the base without the floating rocks....and just use the rocks as.....rocks. šŸ˜

Funny enough I have two on order a standard and exclusive. Both from waitlist. Might sell one and keep the other or cancel one ect.

I love the look of this figure, I really do. It is tempting, highly tempting. But then I think of how the show did very little for me. Ewan was SUPERB in it as was Hayden, but can I really justify it. Sadly I think the answer is no. Why, oh why could they not have given us this as a Kenobi movie. The show seemed to have a lot of unneeded filler in it but if reduced down would have been a superb movie. If it had been made as a movie and I had enjoyed it I would be getting this.

I love the look of this figure, I really do. It is tempting, highly tempting. But then I think of how the show did very little for me. Ewan was SUPERB in it as was Hayden, but can I really justify it. Sadly I think the answer is no. Why, oh why could they not have given us this as a Kenobi movie. The show seemed to have a lot of unneeded filler in it but if reduced down would have been a superb movie. If it had been made as a movie and I had enjoyed it I would be getting this.
*Grins* Plenty of movies I've enjoyed and talked myself out of a figure or statue. Kinda hate myself for not picking up a Jyn Erso and maybe Chirrut when I could have.

I suspect Obi-Wan figures and statues of one sort or another will roll off the assembly line for a good while, like Vader. I've got the Sideshow Mythos piece on order and after this fig, hoping to put a period on it.

I'll get Andor figs - Luthen and Cassian - but while "upgrades" keep showing up I don't feel like selling/trading figs and the prices keep going up. Then there's the Mando movie, tho after getting Boba in I feel like I could just stop. I like origins and not sure there will be anything more than Mando's design, modified, or Boba's - that will be so much better. :dunno

Plus I gotta pay off the Dewback.šŸ˜

*Grins* Plenty of movies I've enjoyed and talked myself out of a figure or statue. Kinda hate myself for not picking up a Jyn Erso and maybe Chirrut when I could have.

I suspect Obi-Wan figures and statues of one sort or another will roll off the assembly line for a good while, like Vader. I've got the Sideshow Mythos piece on order and after this fig, hoping to put a period on it.

I'll get Andor figs - Luthen and Cassian - but while "upgrades" keep showing up I don't feel like selling/trading figs and the prices keep going up. Then there's the Mando movie, tho after getting Boba in I feel like I could just stop. I like origins and not sure there will be anything more than Mando's design, modified, or Boba's - that will be so much better. :dunno

Plus I gotta pay off the Dewback.šŸ˜
I have packed all my Disney era Star Wars figures right now which consist of Chrome Mando, Ahsoka Tano and Mando Luke. If I try and sell them then it will be at a huge loss. If I pick of this Kenobi then I fear it will end up the same. Now an Ep1 and Ep2 Kenobi, I want! From now on I am just sticking with figures I really, really want, as you say the prices just keep going up, space is an issue and many figures do not retain their value.

I have packed all my Disney era Star Wars figures right now which consist of Chrome Mando, Ahsoka Tano and Mando Luke. If I try and sell them then it will be at a huge loss. If I pick of this Kenobi then I fear it will end up the same. Now an Ep1 and Ep2 Kenobi, I want! From now on I am just sticking with figures I really, really want, as you say the prices just keep going up, space is an issue and many figures do not retain their value.
Yup. If you bought a $350 figure off Sideshow then you likely paid nearly $400 with tax and shipping. If you try and sell that on eBay you have to charge like $470 to break even after fees and shipping. Make that basically $450 if selling on the forum or FB group. No one is paying $100+ over retail for any recent figures that I can think of. And Iā€™m definitely being way more picky on what I order and also eating more NRDs these days, itā€™s been really difficult these past few years to break even if you get a new figure in and decide to move it on. Used to be you could buy a figure and easily sell it with no loss if you got it in hand and decided you didnā€™t like it, or it no longer fit in with your collection, etc. It also helped a lot that retailers like Sideshow and BBTS werenā€™t required to charge tax.

That said, Iā€™ve been thinking it over and am pretty sure Iā€™ll keep my order for this. It just looks so good and itā€™s the best Ewan sculpt by a mile so far. Also somewhat reassuring to know that just like the Rogue One figures, ainā€™t no 1/6 company going to ever remake this version of Obi-Wan especially since itā€™s from a poorly received streaming showing.

New Obi-Wan!

IMG0084.jpeg

Last edited:
Back