1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're still working on the script, where in spite of some gut wrenching quiet scenes where Obi-Wan mourns Anakin and communes with Qui-Gon over the losses and failures to understand the Prophecy, Obi-Wan maintains a sense of humor and quietly helps out the denizens of Tatooine now again. There's some pretty epic fights between Obi and some gnarly characters as well as watching him outwit a few genuinely dangerous Inquisitors and an ambitious Storm Trooper. Plus some drama where Obi has to go to another planet and then make a choice between returning to Tatooine to keep his promise, or leave some denizens to their fate to be slaughtered. 😁

You know, thats a good point. Maybe men are different about this. Kenobi and Anakin were all but literal brothers for years. Then they have an absolutely horrible falling out where Kenobi is forced to watch his friend have the whole front of his body flambe'd off. Id think this would be traumatic to say the least. I know I would have some trouble seeing a friend destroyed like this.

My work bestie of two years quit last week. I have cried more than once about it and I miss her so much I want to quit too. (She knows about none of that.) I supported her decision and still do, but its been upsetting.

I didnt have to watch her on a rotisserie spit though. Good god.

I would have loved to see Kenobi outwit Inquisitors who were not clowns - like in the Vader comic - and some truly badass Stormtroopers like Legends had in abundance. What do we get, a five year old evading adult bounty hunters.

This, Spider-Man 2 Black Suit, Imperial Commando

Ahh gotcha, did Revan, Han and leaning towards Ahsoka Rex.

I cancelled my Maguire Spidey last year when I saw how bad the head and mask looked, I’m willing to patiently wait for a perfect Raimi representation.

You know, thats a good point. Maybe men are different about this. Kenobi and Anakin were all but literal brothers for years. Then they have an absolutely horrible falling out where Kenobi is forced to watch his friend have the whole front of his body flambe'd off. Id think this would be traumatic to say the least. I know I would have some trouble seeing a friend destroyed like this.

My work bestie of two years quit last week. I have cried more than once about it and I miss her so much I want to quit too. (She knows about none of that.) I supported her decision and still do, but its been upsetting.

I would have loved to see Kenobi outwit Inquisitors who were not clowns - like in the Vader comic - and some truly badass Stormtroopers like Legends had in abundance. What do we get, a five year old evading adult bounty hunters.
Yah, for me the Inquisitors were a big fail, visually laughable and not menacing at all. I'll give the Acolyte's Stranger that - better acting and story arc vs. Reva.

Imagine your work bestie suddenly turning ice cold, ignoring your presence, which made things uncomfortable to the point whereupon I reluctantly chose to resign only to go to a worse, more isolating position elsewhere. And still think about her every day. And I still don't know what I did that was so unforgivably bad to be discarded so cruely. At this point, I'd rather be deader than Anakin.

Imagine your work bestie suddenly turning ice cold, ignoring your presence, which made things uncomfortable to the point whereupon I reluctantly chose to resign only to go to a worse, more isolating position elsewhere. And still think about her every day. And I still don't know what I did that was so unforgivably bad to be discarded so cruely. At this point, I'd rather be deader than Anakin.

Its best that you removed yourself from that situation. You ARE gonna get over this. If i could, I would give you a hug.

When darkness rolls on you/Push on through.

/end threadjack

Its best that you removed yourself from that situation. You ARE gonna get over this. If i could, I would give you a hug.

When darkness rolls on you/Push on through.

/end threadjack
I don't know, to be honest. It's like a wound that still won't heal. It'll scar, but its an angry, unresolved scar. Any who. It doesn't matter. I get that.

They must make the boxes way before hand, so weird how they leave their Prototype on the box.

I am trying not to cancel Ahsoka Rex myself. It feels disloyal to cancel.

Cancel it and get the PF Rex.

But I get it, I still have the SSC Phase 1 Tex that actually holds up decently, so been tempted to just use him as the representation for Phase 1 armor.

Next year will be expensive as it is with the ROTS anniversary.

I was going to get, but I don't like how the head sculpt looks now and plus the wavey hair. 2 heads would have made more sense. The original head sculpt was more my liking.

I think the head would be a good fit for Obi-Wan Mythos upgrade. Something like this, I made a ****** edit

51jAK-ZOhCL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
I think the body is a little too large. Don't know if that's because of the fabric layers piling up or there's actually padding over the body.

Back