1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A doll is a toy that looks like a small person, often a baby. When kids play with dolls, they might dress them up, push them in toy strollers, and have pretend tea parties with them.
Some dolls are the size of real babies and are played with in a way that's a kind of practice parenting — like pretending to feed and bathe a doll. Other dolls are much smaller and represent people of varying ages, like a family of dolls that are played with in a doll house, sitting at little tables and sleeping in tiny beds. The word doll is also an old-fashioned, slightly offensive term for a woman, especially one who's young and pretty.
maybe he meant that bold part :dunno

She's here- and she's awesome.

RIPLEY-002.jpg

You got that right.

Have my Rip set up, had to do some additional weathering on the cat box and motion detector and she is wearing a necklace I made with spare parts which is hardly noticeable. Decided to pose her with both hands on hips and it definitely evokes her character. Now I just have to find a way to post pics now that photobucket hosting is no loner an option.

You got that right.

Have my Rip set up, had to do some additional weathering on the cat box and motion detector and she is wearing a necklace I made with spare parts which is hardly noticeable. Decided to pose her with both hands on hips and it definitely evokes her character. Now I just have to find a way to post pics now that photobucket hosting is no loner an option.

Have you tried Flickr?

nice pose and angle! though i'd move that tracker limb a lot closer to the body to show its weight.

i definitely don't. mostly because of the ugliest haircut in the whole alien saga, except for A:R Cole monster :horror

Thanks and good point on the tracker. Will lower it some, too.

:lol regarding the haircut. I still need her for my Power Loader. Actually, I just picked up a spare Ripley head sculpt and body from TA to replace the original Power Loader Ripley. I'll see if the hair can be trimmed but if not, I'll be fine with it. The original sculpt is not good.

i definitely don't. mostly because of the ugliest haircut in the whole alien saga, except for A:R Cole monster :horror

No T1 Sarah Connor for you either then :lol

I agree though, her Aliens look is a terrible hairstyle. I'm just used to it and obviously if you want a figure of her from Aliens you want it accurate.

No T1 Sarah Connor for you either then :lol
nope. my definition of "ugly" for a woman haircut always has "short" as a core, all the rest is built around that. i simply cannot call Sarah Connor's hair "ugly" while short haircuts exist :slap
=========
oops, that A:R android's name was Call, not Cole.

I tend to prefer below shoulder length myself. Although ultimately all women end up cutting it to shoulder or even shorter - probably for the same reason we chaps usually keep our hair short - less work.

Nice lighting, great photo, Jedibear!

Thanks! Yes, there are some good shots turning up in here of the warrant officer, that's for sure.
I'm not 100% on the likeness-looks right from some angles but not so much from others. But the quality is there and looking at it, we know it's her.

RIPLEY-004.jpg

The flight suit has great details and allows good movement.

RIPLEY-005.jpg

It was a long wait and I'm glad to finally have her in the collection.

Thanks! Yes, there are some good shots turning up in here of the warrant officer, that's for sure.
I'm not 100% on the likeness-looks right from some angles but not so much from others. But the quality is there and looking at it, we know it's her.

View attachment 373825

The flight suit has great details and allows good movement.

View attachment 373826

It was a long wait and I'm glad to finally have her in the collection.

Excellent photos!

The background is great. :)

Back