1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure looks just like the prototype. It looks great, except for the thong, but that's what the proto looked like, so it was to be expected.

I wouldn't mind a Jose Luis Garcia Lopez style Batman, Superman and Flash.

1719423418089.png

1719423624504.png

1719423772666.png

The figure looks just like the prototype. It looks great, except for the thong, but that's what the proto looked like, so it was to be expected.

I wouldn't mind a Jose Luis Garcia Lopez style Batman, Superman and Flash.

View attachment 710106
View attachment 710109
View attachment 710111
All three would be instant grails for me.

There are some decent third party/custom DC comic figures but they generally cost a small fortune and never look as good as this Wolverine.

I hope we get custom mouth plates. These stock ones aren't the best particularly the smiling and the closed mouth.

005ZyLFtgy1hr3pfywroyj31tm1gi7wj.jpg

What's the take on the arms? Are they gonna tear?
Preliminary reviews are the arms are durable, well-made, ratcheted, and don’t put major strain on the elbow, which is as good as we could hope for. Still handle with care and caution.

What's the take on the arms? Are they gonna tear?
They're silicone so a little more durable than the previous rubber that they used to use. But you should still be cautious about leaving them in a bent arm pose for too long without giving the arms a change to rest back at a neutral position from time to time. I think it was DeanKnight who about a year or two ago mentioned how some of his phicen/tbleague bodies he used on a few customs eventually cracked, but I think that was after years of being left in center positions. But, Phicen/Tbleague bodies are easier to get than this one will be as far as replacements go especially as time goes on.

I hope we get custom mouth plates. These stock ones aren't the best particularly the smiling and the closed mouth.
While they're better than sideshow's attempts, I agree that there is room for improvement. If they were as detailed as the arms I think they'd had looked better. They're just a little flat.

They're silicone so a little more durable than the previous rubber that they used to use. But you should still be cautious about leaving them in a bent arm pose for too long without giving the arms a change to rest back at a neutral position from time to time. I think it was DeanKnight who about a year or two ago mentioned how some of his phicen/tbleague bodies he used on a few customs eventually cracked, but I think that was after years of being left in center positions. But, Phicen/Tbleague bodies are easier to get than this one will be as far as replacements go especially as time goes on.

I have a personal experience with a phicen body cracking at the elbows. Fun fact, it was left alone in a semi museum pose, exactly the following. I don't live in a humid place although sometimes temperatures get to over 40° celsius. I was told that phicen bodies need to be dusted with corn starch from time to time, say twice a year. I didn't do that, but I have a feeling it would have cracked still. Anyway, I just keep the figure posed the same way and the cracks are not visible, so it's all good.

IMG_7694.jpg

Last edited:
I have a personal experience with a phicen body cracking at the elbows. Fun fact, it was left alone in a semi museum pose, exactly the following. I don't live in a humid place although sometimes temperatures get to over 40° celsius. I was told that phicen bodies need to be dusted with corn starch from time to time, say twice a year. I didn't do that, but I have a feeling it would have cracked still. Anyway, I just keep the figure posed the same way and the cracks are not visible, so it's all good.
It really seems to be a case by case situation when it comes to these silicone bodies/parts. There’s some ppl claim to not do any upkeep and their rubber/silicon figures are just fine :dunno

While I’ve never had an issue like cracking either, I’ve always done the corn starch method a couple times a year just in case. I mean, these are expensive items and personally don’t think it takes much to give them some maintenance every so often to make sure they stay as like new as possible. The worst part is knowing that something could’ve been done to potentially prevent and degradation but not

I think this figure definitely needs a custom sculpt. I do hope Present toys do their version of wolverine and the sculpt looks better or even SooSoo does one and can get that to put on this.

Back