1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting 22 years for this. Not gonna be put off by a slight downgrade, especially over blogger photos that are often misleading. Prototype was superb. I can live with great to good on the shelf.

I’ve come to reconcile with what some would consider a ‘downgrade’. HT final sculpts were never as sharp as their proto.

Been like that for years. So it’s to be expected and I no longer hold that against them.

So this figure is great for what it is and for what it accomplishes. I’m pretty hyped to finally get a great looking Anakin.

Whats with the blogger photos being sorta misleading. Like some post effect being applied. Just good lighting and no post brings out these figures
I feel like blogger pics have been absolute crap for sometime now. And some like us on this board have a more discerning eye for these kinds of things.

But yeah, blogger pics mean nothing to me other than "it's coming soon". I'm pretty much never impressed with them anymore.

I feel like blogger pics have been absolute crap for sometime now. And some like us on this board have a more discerning eye for these kinds of things.

But yeah, blogger pics mean nothing to me other than "it's coming soon". I'm pretty much never impressed with them anymore.
Same here. Initial blogger pics are rarely a good representation of how the figure looks in hand or how it stacks up against the proto. I’ll take a simple pic with decent lighting over the artsy shots any day.

Pinched from Facebook.
FB_IMG_1718199614363.jpg

This is definitely an upgrade over the ROTS version from years ago. I remember what a universal home run that sculpt was, funny how it only took a few years for it to look so outdated.

I would have preferred a non-Padawan version of Anakin for my display, but whatever, the character is done justice here.

This is definitely an upgrade over the ROTS version from years ago. I remember what a universal home run that sculpt was, funny how it only took a few years for it to look so outdated.

I would have preferred a non-Padawan version of Anakin for my display, but whatever, the character is done justice here.

Exactly! At first that Anakin was “omg so amazing!”…

Then upon much further inspection you ask yourself “why did I say it looked like Hayden when it clearly doesn’t?”.

I mean, that’s what I did 😂.

the new artisan Anakin portrait is MUUUUCH better than OG EP 3 Anakin, it really bums me out there isn’t a standard, sculpted hair available. I desperately want to upgrade Anakin but that stupid 3000+ PO for the artisan prevents me from upgrading. I don’t get it…every artisan has a haired and sculpted version to choose from except Anakin.

…like…huh??

The blogger photos made this figure look bad. So many stiff poses and weird angles. The sculpt looks the same as the prototype to me. It will be fine in person I’m sure.

I like this new brown tunic material over the old Ep3 version. It’s the same stuff they’ve using on the outer robe. It’s flat and not puffy.

Last edited:
Can’t wait. I paid this off ages ago. It’s a doll. It will always look slightly less than a real human.
I’ll put this out there, but I am so glad that, with the ever increasing prices they are including moving eyes with everything.
I won’t bite the hand that feeds. The only POs I have are this and Sidious(CW), but I love the fact they are on the way.
I’m working on my Jedi starfighter for Anakin, so I can’t wait to have him in hand.
And I already made my “Do it!” Throne for Palps.
There are issues. But it’s a dolly. And I feel they keep upping the game. And I’m happy to order the ones I can afford and be appreciative of their efforts.

where the hell did all his skin texture go? Its not a bad downgrade but is definitely there.

My biggest gripe is with the damn robes. Were on Jedi what like 10 now and were still getting these god awful super thick robes? cmon now

Back