1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I get that. Funny you brought that up, cause it does make perfect sense...which could lead to some tension. Tension which is from a certain Youtuber. Justin on Justin's Collection mentioned that he was trying to get his buddy from HK into the Summer Showcase event to film the figures so he can talk about them. But someone, he didn't mention for possible legal ramifications, but that someone/business didn't want him in because Justin promotes the heck out of Toys Wonderland, which you can PO the Armorer from now. I wonder who that person/business might be?

The contract might just be with Sideshow for North American distribution only, but not sure how another business can sell outside of NA to NA. I guess said guy could order 30 at the HK store, then resell how he feels like it. Course you can speculate all day about it, but some interesting behind the scenes unfolding.
I don't see why SSC would care because Justin is in Australia and Sideshow doesnt even sell there because thats Popcultchas playground.

I don't see why SSC would care because Justin is in Australia and Sideshow doesnt even sell there because thats Popcultchas playground.
I bought my MK85 from TW. SS would rather me, being in the U.S., to buy from them or one of their distributors that they make money off of. They see none of that when I get it straight from HK. The Covid shipping times are hurting SS and TW is the quicker path. Yes, there have been people on Ebay, but TW is growing quickly and have a number of 3rd party stuff SS doesn't carry or can't carry.

Oh, I get that. Funny you brought that up, cause it does make perfect sense...which could lead to some tension. Tension which is from a certain Youtuber. Justin on Justin's Collection mentioned that he was trying to get his buddy from HK into the Summer Showcase event to film the figures so he can talk about them. But someone, he didn't mention for possible legal ramifications, but that someone/business didn't want him in because Justin promotes the heck out of Toys Wonderland, which you can PO the Armorer from now. I wonder who that person/business might be?

The contract might just be with Sideshow for North American distribution only, but not sure how another business can sell outside of NA to NA. I guess said guy could order 30 at the HK store, then resell how he feels like it. Course you can speculate all day about it, but some interesting behind the scenes unfolding.
Oh that's very real. Sideshow often bullies other sellers in Asia. That's why you'll notice many of the asian sellers are now using non Hot Toys photos on their websites.

Sideshow can't compete with them, so rather than looking at their own systems and practices to reduce cost, they resort to bullying other sellers by either limiting the number of figures able to be pre-ordered (all the shops in US) or outright threatening them through any legal channel possible. Their argument is that other sellers are not allowed to sell into the territory which they "control".

In the end it is also Hot Toys that essentially promotes this behaviour by having Sideshow as their sole distributor for US, Europe and South America.

The real problem lies therein that Sideshow are distributor AND seller. This creates a distinct conflict of interest, and monopoly situation.

I bought my MK85 from TW. SS would rather me, being in the U.S., to buy from them or one of their distributors that they make money off of. They see none of that when I get it straight from HK. The Covid shipping times are hurting SS and TW is the quicker path. Yes, there have been people on Ebay, but TW is growing quickly and have a number of 3rd party stuff SS doesn't carry or can't carry.
Exactly. Competition is a bbitch isn't it Sideshow :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oh that's very real. Sideshow often bullies other sellers in Asia. That's why you'll notice many of the asian sellers are now using non Hot Toys photos on their websites.

Sideshow can't compete with them, so rather than looking at their own systems and practices to reduce cost, they resort to bullying other sellers by either limiting the number of figures able to be pre-ordered (all the shops in US) or outright threatening them through any legal channel possible. Their argument is that other sellers are not allowed to sell into the territory which they "control".

In the end it is also Hot Toys that essentially promotes this behaviour by having Sideshow as their sole distributor for US, Europe and South America.

The real problem lies therein that Sideshow are distributor AND seller. This creates a distinct conflict of interest, and monopoly situation.
Not sure if that is limited to SSC as there is a lot of american companies that fight against cheaper sellers overseas anyway they can. The US government is always trying to figure out was to limit competition from overseas.

Not sure if that is limited to SSC as there is a lot of american companies that fight against cheaper sellers overseas anyway they can. The US government is always trying to figure out was to limit competition from overseas.
Yeah OK I can understand that if you make the product yourself, or it's your stolen IP or whatever.

But here we are talking about 2 companies selling someone elses product.

Well from business perspective, if you're paying premium for a distributorship in North America with heavily stipulated agreements and investment as well...it is pretty much obvious to be very angry with those early bird HK sellers who always sell to the US- their territory with much high margin, and there is nothing Hot Toys could do about it.

Well from business perspective, if you're paying premium for a distributorship in North America with heavily stipulated agreements and investment as well...it is pretty much obvious to be very angry with those early bird HK sellers who always sell to the US- their territory with much high margin, and there is nothing Hot Toys could do about it.

Sideshow will also get a reduced price compared to everyone else anyway. And really those few people that buy early shipments are just a drop in the ocean. First batch isn't very big.

It's unfortunately the way of the world. If you sell something on eBay you are selling against other sellers internationally too. A piece of paper saying I can sell in one country doesn't really mean much in that context, unless the source/manufacturer does something about it at their end.

Looking at it like that it's a way of keeping Sideshow pricing somewhat under control too. Competition does that.

I'm waiting on Sideshow for this myself, but I hope loads of other folks buy this from HK. Serves Sideshow right for holding this back as a marketing ploy.

SSC does not have the right to bully anyone as long as what they do is legal. And if there's anything illegal, they must take legal action which is their right.

If overseas retailers are free to sell and SSC is not fond of it, then they should do something to compete with them.
I order some products internationally rather than buying in the country. If a total cost of an item (product + shipping + custons) is less than the price it is sold in the country, then it is the official seller's problem.

If SDCC was actually happening you would be able to pick these up there. So they might have a couple hundred ready to ship as soon as we order and might be waiting for that.
That would be great. Even if they don’t, it would be great if they were out just as quick as HK. Was Dark Side Ani available to pick up at the Con when it was released? I can’t even remember. But they’re waiting for Sideshow Con for the pre-order, not SDCC. They’ve already posted about it a couple times telling everyone to register so you can order “early”. I honestly forgot until about two weeks ago about the “invites” section of my Sideshow account 🤣 Anyway, I do hope it goes up on day 1 of sideshow con. It doesn’t matter that the ship date doesn’t change, I’m just anxious for that confirmation 😆

edit**
I went looking and I completely forgot how Sideshow did DS Anakin! You could only pre-order it for pickup at SDCC2018! I remember thinking I wouldn’t get one because it said “any remaining after SDCC will be made available for online customers”.

That would be great. Even if they don’t, it would be great if they were out just as quick as HK. Was Dark Side Ani available to pick up at the Con when it was released? I can’t even remember. But they’re waiting for Sideshow Con for the pre-order, not SDCC. They’ve already posted about it a couple times telling everyone to register so you can order “early”. I honestly forgot until about two weeks ago about the “invites” section of my Sideshow account 🤣 Anyway, I do hope it goes up on day 1 of sideshow con. It doesn’t matter that the ship date doesn’t change, I’m just anxious for that confirmation 😆

edit**
I went looking and I completely forgot how Sideshow did DS Anakin! You could only pre-order it for pickup at SDCC2018! I remember thinking I wouldn’t get one because it said “any remaining after SDCC will be made available for online customers”.
Nah, there were two options for Sith Anakin during that time, the first one like you said, initially available for pre-order then pick up only at the Con. But then they added the option for pre-order and the delivery later, I used the latter one.

All of the recent Hot Toys reveals have had a Sideshow Exclusive accessory or two, I wonder if the Armorer will come with anything special.

Back