1/6 Hot Toys - TMS132 - The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Fives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are confused it seems. Folk aren't asking for cartoon accurate, they are asking for lore accurate. We already have official realistic depictions of phase 1.5 helmets and the differences in design in the cartoon series were intentional design choices (p1 ears, diamond chin, sharp ridges etc) as it is supposed to be a blend of p1 and p2 helmet, basically the prototype of phase 2. To miss out almost every detail that makes a p1.5 a p1.5 means it loses its identity. What HT have made is a phase 2 helmet with a fin. The absolute laziest Hasbro style move possible.

These figures are repaints of the Umbra Arc Trooper. So HT did not change the mold. Who knows maybe they will replace the mouth piece before release like they did with Vaughn.

Dice also didn’t have the ears correct so the design varies it’s not just HT getting it wrong. Sorry you’re held up on such small details.

Designs are made for shows not for lore. That’s why they are different in every show.

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
These figures are repaints of the Umbra Arc Trooper. So HT did not change the mold. Who knows maybe they will replace the mouth piece before release like they did with Vaughn.

Dice also didn’t have the ears correct so the design varies it’s not just HT getting it wrong. Sorry you’re held up on such small details.

Small details, huh? These details are kinda what make the Phase 1.5 ARC helmet what it is, in both design and even narrative. Isn’t accuracy a big part of 1/6, especially Hot Toys who pride themselves for making screen accurate products? Otherwise, they’re just high quality 12” Hasbro toys (being hyperbolic here, but still).

And yes, DICE, Disney Lucasfilm, Hot Toys, etc all play a role in muddying what these translations should look like.

In an ideal world, Hot Toys should give their best and realize they messed up the diamond chin on the Umbra figure and update the mold. It’s not that hard, is it…? But nah, they’re a complacent company and happily take short cuts.

Small details, huh? These details are kinda what make the Phase 1.5 ARC helmet what it is, in both design and even narrative. Isn’t accuracy a big part of 1/6, especially Hot Toys who pride themselves for making screen accurate products? Otherwise, they’re just high quality 12” Hasbro toys (being hyperbolic here, but still).

And yes, DICE, Disney Lucasfilm, Hot Toys, etc all play a role in muddying what these translations should look like.

In an ideal world, Hot Toys should give their best and realize they messed up the diamond chin on the Umbra figure and update the mold. It’s not that hard, is it…? But nah, they’re a complacent company and happily take short cuts.

I agree with you. It would be nice if HT fixed it. We will wait and see.

They won't fix crap unless people complain. folk who say "who cares" and buy anyway are why HT is complacent, so encourage all complaints, point out all inaccuracies and maybe HT will fix at least some. At the end of the day you will be happy whether they fix it or not (since for you they are tiny insignificant details) so you should encourage a more accurate product since it will make others happy, after all, more accurate helmet won't ruin it for you.

They won't fix crap unless people complain. folk who say "who cares" and buy anyway are why HT is complacent, so encourage all complaints, point out all inaccuracies and maybe HT will fix at least some. At the end of the day you will be happy whether they fix it or not (since for you they are tiny insignificant details) so you should encourage a more accurate product since it will make others happy, after all, more accurate helmet won't ruin it for you.

Not enough people complained about ESB Vader, so we’re getting the same crappy mold for RotJ.

Too many complained about Jyn Erso and Mace Windu and we got crappier versions.

You have to catch HT on a good day, wine and dine them to get what you want 😆

Unfortunately we’ve seen this with pretty much all HT Clones. Once they release one with a mistake they always stick to it seemingly for the sake of consistency.

Yup, I've grown to get used to it, a bit disappointing but I can deal with it.

I would of loved a Phase 2 Fives helmet though.

I don’t know anymore, there are variations of the Arc Trooper helmet some with ears reaching above the black rim, some below, some are the same as the phase II. Unless you start paying attention it’s something easily missed. I never really noticed until this thread.

No single source is to blame for the inaccuracy, so many companies interpret this helmet differently because the source is a stylized cartoon.

Here are some images I found, Jesse’s phase II helmet ears don’t look like the movie’s version either they are simplified. Compare to Echo’s the only difference I see is phase1.5 ears reach above the black rim

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpeg
    IMG_2338.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2339.jpeg
    IMG_2339.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 0
Personally and I’m sure people don’t like answers like this, but I don’t notice the inaccuracies that much and frankly I would more prefer the figures look consistent this deep into the line. I’m probably one of the bad fanboys but meh..

Personally and I’m sure people don’t like answers like this, but I don’t notice the inaccuracies that much and frankly I would more prefer the figures look consistent this deep into the line. I’m probably one of the bad fanboys but meh..
Yeah… I’m also not bothered by the difference and prefer the way the toy has it. There’s no live action prop to reference for this helmet. As long as it looks good I’m happy.

I don’t know anymore, there are variations of the Arc Trooper helmet some with ears reaching above the black rim, some below, some are the same as the phase II. Unless you start paying attention it’s something easily missed. I never really noticed until this thread.

No single source is to blame for the inaccuracy, so many companies interpret this helmet differently because the source is a stylized cartoon.

Here are some images I found, Jesse’s phase II helmet ears don’t look like the movie’s version either they are simplified. Compare to Echo’s the only difference I see is phase1.5 ears reach above the black rim
Phase 2 Clones don't have the black rim in the show. Jesse's helmet is just a regular ol' Phase 2 helmet.

His Hot Toys figure has the black rim, which is accurate to a live action Phase 2 helmet.

1720218125185.png

Phase 2 Clones don't have the black rim in the show. Jesse's helmet is just a regular ol' Phase 2 helmet.

His Hot Toys figure has the black rim, which is accurate to a live action Phase 2 helmet.

View attachment 711805

Yes, the height of the ears on phase 1.5 helmet is taller, i was using the rim as a reference to gauge the ears.

Edit: I really don’t know anymore, season 6 and 7 phase II helmets look elongated compared to phase 1.5. It could just be a style change in the show.

Last edited:
I was pretty excited for these figs but the more I look at them the harder it is to justify when I already have the sideshow versions. The closer I look the better the SS ones appear in comparison. The headsculpt is clearly superior on the HT and the bodies will be much more solid, but the rest seems a step backwards. They've gone from must buy to really not sure, especially with the flood of HT figs and me already wanting more than I can afford or have space to display. I can't believe these might be a pass :horror

I was pretty excited for these figs but the more I look at them the harder it is to justify when I already have the sideshow versions. The closer I look the better the SS ones appear in comparison. The headsculpt is clearly superior on the HT and the bodies will be much more solid, but the rest seems a step backwards. They've gone from must buy to really not sure, especially with the flood of HT figs and me already wanting more than I can afford or have space to display. I can't believe these might be a pass :horror

I have two Umbra operatives and I’m still getting these. Got to have those moveable eyes and that paint job. You know we’re just buying paint jobs at this point?

It’s pretty simple to know what certain design details should look like between live-action and the animation. And from what’s out there, we absolutely know what Fives’s Phase 1.5 ARC helmet should look like.

You shared pics of two different designs. One of which is the Phase 2 Jesse helmet where ALL Phase 2 clones had their black ring removed, due to a choice in animating the buckets differently for later seasons.

It’s pretty simple to know what certain design details should look like between live-action and the animation. And from what’s out there, we absolutely know what Fives’s Phase 1.5 ARC helmet should look like.

You shared pics of two different designs. One of which is the Phase 2 Jesse helmet where ALL Phase 2 clones had their black ring removed, due to a choice in animating the buckets differently for later seasons.

But the ear shapes look the same?

I have two Umbra operatives and I’m still getting these. Got to have those moveable eyes and that paint job. You know we’re just buying paint jobs at this point?
Ha ha. Gotta say though, the paintjobs on the SS versions are top notch. These were towards the end of SS's clone run and they really were/are great. The only draw on these are the headsculpts. I could display with those keeping the SS for the fully kitted out look. But.... I also have the SS phase 1 Fives and Echo with the SS ARC sculpts for an un-helmeted look. The Hot Toys sculpts are obviously much more detailed and lifelike, but those SS sculpt, from display case distance, hold up pretty well and have great character due to the expressions while the Hot Toys are pretty bland expressions.

Back