1/6 Leather Jacket (Trial version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Well it's worth it for something that looks that spectacular...whatever your price is.

Not exactly...:sick

There was a guy asking for the price for making the real leather jacket, and i asked him how much he is willing to offer .

His reply was : USD15.00 :horror

It is even not enough to buy a piece of leather ....... :monkey2

It is a good idea to save my time to make my own 1/6 jacket for my own figure only....:mad:

no wonder you mention the offer was worst than china made clothes..

ya creation worth much more than that....and if u really plan to make a few more of your clothing... there's a lot of people willing to pay for it...:banana

Not exactly...:sick

There was a guy asking for the price for making the real leather jacket, and i asked him how much he is willing to offer .

His reply was : USD15.00 :horror

It is even not enough to buy a piece of leather ....... :monkey2

It is a good idea to save my time to make my own 1/6 jacket for my own figure only....:mad:

That's a stupid ass offer. I'd put him on an ignore list just because it's so insulting.

This is my another project of leather jacket.
As usual, i am using immitation leather for this prototype to see the fitting. All the detail is missing in this stage.

This is a relatively more tight fitted in style. The fitting at the back is fine while the front is not satisfactory.

cimg1617k.jpg

cimg1616lv.jpg

cimg1614d.jpg

cimg1618r.jpg

cimg1613.jpg

The second mock up is finished. A bit more detail is added but it is still not the final style.

cimg1624.jpg

cimg1620.jpg

cimg1621.jpg

cimg1622b.jpg

cimg1623.jpg

Last edited:
The stitching and tailoring looks great in the pics you posted. With skills like that I bet you wouldn't have any trouble making a Mad Max pattern motorcycle jacket and leather pants. If you should ever decide to give something like that a try, I would be most interested in having a set. :)

Mad Max pattern motorcycle jacket and leather pants <=== Would you tell me what does it like pls?

Here are a couple pics of the jacket. It's a fairly simple design. It would be really cool if you could make this with the zippers in the proper scale. I don't have pics of the pants just now but will try to post later. Please let me know what you think.

4065449.jpg

MaxJacket-Front.jpg

MaxJacket-Back.jpg

Kato- Where do you buy the thin leather that you use? Is it from anywhere online? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Kato- Where do you buy the thin leather that you use? Is it from anywhere online? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I buy it from HK local market by chance.

Recently I cannot find it in good thickness.

I buy it from HK local market by chance.

Recently I cannot find it in good thickness.

Have your tried sanding the leather down with a belt sander? From the inside of course you might be able to get the right thickness. Just a thought.

Thx for yr sweet suggestion!

I don't hv such machine but i did tried to sand and scratch the leather. It is time consuming and the result is not satisfactory.

Therefore...I prefer searching the finest leather in market ...

I would think super-fine glove leather would be the best quality and the thinnest for making jackets, but finding a good source of raw material seems difficult.

Back