1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any chance Mars Toys might produce some more of this or their other 89 Joker following the Hot Toys 2.0 Batman release?

Is there any chance Mars Toys might produce some more of this or their other 89 Joker following the Hot Toys 2.0 Batman release?
I doubt anyone knows for sure but after their re release of this and the Romero joker being requested and then sitting, I believe they said no more reissues. We shall see.

I wish I hadn’t passed on this one. Now that I have the 2.0 89 Batman on the way I’m really wishing I had a Nicholson Joker to pair with him.

My luck right when I do that Hot Toys or someone else will do a reissue.
I used to assume his likeness rights were astronomically expensive for most companies but I'm beginning to think he is no longer allowing use of it at all anymore.

There is so very little officially liscenced Jack Nicholson merch overall. Not just his Joker.

I used to assume his likeness rights were astronomically expensive for most companies but I'm beginning to think he is no longer allowing use of it at all anymore.

There is so very little officially liscenced Jack Nicholson merch overall. Not just his Joker.
I wonder how Beast Kingdom was able to acquire it. Sure it looks like ****, but no doubt its his Joker.

I wonder how Beast Kingdom was able to acquire it. Sure it looks like ****, but no doubt its his Joker.
Because they didn't use his likeness, clearly. Yes, that's the Joker but there's no reality that exists where that looks anything like the actor.

I guess it's possible to aquire the 89 Batman film liscence without being able to use Jack's likeness. That's their interpretation of Nicholson's Joker. Which is off by a mile.

Because they didn't use his likeness, clearly. Yes, that's the Joker but there's no reality that exists where that looks anything like the actor.

I guess it's possible to aquire the 89 Batman film liscence without being able to use Jack's likeness. That's their interpretation of Nicholson's Joker. Which is off by a mile.
A mile is being generous

Gotta be one of my all-time favorite box arts.

20240815_224656_1_1.jpg

Back