1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just standard Sideshow Freddy...

View attachment 660146

View attachment 660145

I've always liked this figure, but there's an oddity with him which I think has always been there.

The head, left hands and boots are slightly tacky to the touch. Did Sideshow use a different kind of plastic, or different paint? Jason released around the same time though there's no tackiness at all. :unsure:
Hello, my Freddy is also tacky to the touch.
Head, hands, boots and gloves. I decided to remove the paint to see if the plastic is the problem, once I removed the paint it no longer felt tacky.
These days I hope to repaint to see how they feel, and confirm if it's the paint they used that is causing the problem.
Mine started exactly like this. I removed the paint so it wouldn't affect the logo on the base, but after a year the rest of the boots, hands and head started to get tacky. It should be noted that I live in a dry climate most of the year, I don't know if it's the same with you.
Has anyone else have a Freddy that's turning green? I've only noticed it on mine the other day. And yes the paint (what's left of it) is sticky to the touch and is peeling off:horror All three of the bare hands are also sticky. Strangely the gloved hands and boots are ok.

I've had this figure for past six years, so it's kind of odd the paint has become tacky and discoloured in the past few months.

Just for the record, this is the exclusive version from the first run.

DSC_7017.JPG
DSC_7019.JPG

Back