1/6 Thunder Toys TD2031 Crazy / Loony Bride (Harley Quinn, The Suicide Squad)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She reminded me of the second Hot Toys figure I bought...

s-l960.jpg

Looks like Rosamund Pike from some of her most lethal moments in Gone Girl. It's all in the classic high arch femme-fatale eyebrows.

gone-girl.jpg

Hot Toys really dropped the ball on possible figures of Harley Quinn from the latest Suicide Squad film. She looked great in this film and really demanded one or two figures to celebrate the role. I'm surprised they didn't attempt her at all, considering they did other characters and were always fairly committed to Harley Quinn in the past.

I can see and expect a couple of things that will be underwhelming with this Thunder Toys figures:
That dress needs some fine tailoring to achieve the right look, but will likely be a a lot more rough and puffy-looking in its final form if the fabric and construction aren't handled well. It's probably just a lot of polyester, which doesn't drape well. Maybe the water treatment will help, but it doesn't work so well with synthetic fibres. I can already see weaknesses in the straps and stitching, and those boots are cheap even in these promo pics. Secondly, the body looks gangly and cheap, like most third party figures use. Hot Toys was always good about making unique dedicated bodies that resembled Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn build, so a generic stock body won't quite do the trick. It will have to do for now. This might be a good starter figure for customizing and unfortunately it's all we have for this version of Harley Quinn.

Back