1/6 YanToys - Girl from The Ring/Ringu - Miss Sadako

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait!
But it's the Japanese version, not American Remake
And ? I think it's a good thing.
Does everybody prefer the remake ? Not me.
The lost movie on the tape is goofily well shot in the remake, as if the cameraman was filming a real movie with a lovely traveling showing the girl dying...
It is supposed to be found footage on a crappy camera filmed by random people, not Spielberg.
For me the aesthetics is too clean on the remake.

Still this figure looks maybe a little too clean too. She looks a bit too "alive", not pale enough. And I don't remember if her dress was this clean either.
But the accessories are great.

I think it's great to have this kind of characters in figure form. But maybe a bit pricey...

They would actually look totally different and I hate being that guy. Samara was a child and had very grotesque facial features. Sadako was older and retains more traditional Japanese horror elements of just having very pale skin.
She has her hair in front of her face in almost every scene. That's the iconic look. And with the hair in front of her face she looks just like she did in the american remake. This is her in the scenes where she climbs out the well or the TV. Not the flashback scenes of her as a living human

The lost movie on the tape is goofily well shot in the remake, as if the cameraman was filming a real movie with a lovely traveling showing the girl dying...
It is supposed to be found footage on a crappy camera filmed by random people, not Spielberg.

Still this figure looks maybe a little too clean too. She looks a bit too "alive", not pale enough. And I don't remember if her dress was this clean either.

I think it's great to have this kind of characters in figure form. But maybe a bit pricey...
I prefer the remake. It's a great horror movie and one of the best remakes around. I usually prefer English language movies in general, I don't like reading subtitles for a whole movie tbh. I just find it more entertaining and easy to watch in my own language. There are some exceptions, like I love Pans Labyrinth for example, but I easily prefer the Ring to Ringu

And i prefer the Remake.

I prefer the remake. It's a great horror movie and one of the best remakes around. I usually prefer English language movies in general, I don't like reading subtitles for a whole movie tbh. I just find it more entertaining and easy to watch in my own language. There are some exceptions, like I love Pans Labyrinth for example, but I easily prefer the Ring to Ringu
So do I.

By the way, I watched Ring recently (Japanese version) and we see Sadako on screen for literally just 2 minutes... It's a shame.

Also, I don't understand why Yantoys put on that dress, it's simply not in the movie so where does it come from?
444479516_874839061327499_948178084861036209_n.jpg

In the movie we only have this one:
445387126_874839167994155_5814050811782876615_n.jpg

So what's the point of this 2nd dress?
To increase the total cost just like with the perfectly ridiculous 2nd HS?
I don't understand

And i prefer the Remake.

So do I.

By the way, I watched Ring recently (Japanese version) and we see Sadako on screen for literally just 2 minutes... It's a shame.

Also, I don't understand why Yantoys put on that dress, it's simply not in the movie so where does it come from?
View attachment 705529

View attachment 705530

I don't understand
I prefer the English remake as well, the one with Naomi Watts if that's the one we're talking about lol.

I remember watching the Ring when it first came out when I was young. Was terrifying 😬

Actually remembered I was scared taking a picture of myself incase I had that blurred face like in the movie 😅

Last edited:
And i prefer the Remake.

So do I.

View attachment 705529

View attachment 705530

I don't understand
Isn't the first dress what Samara Morgan wore (albeit dirtied) in America version of The Ring series? The second is more for the Japanese version the Ring.

So you get to choose which version you prefer, in a way.

I love the Japanese (original) version better.
Very scary!

I think really hard before I PO-ed this piece because part of me is still afraid of Sadako. 😆

I'm definitely buying this one! I love Sadako, she's my favorite Japanese ghost! I remember watching the first Ringu movie back in the 90s and immediately fell in love with Japanese horror. A few years ago, I made a custom Sadako doll. I'm glad there's one being made now. I have no idea why it has that hilarious other face though lol!

The second dress looks like it's from her outfit as a Youtuber. Yeah, Sadako was a youtuber when she was promoting her Sadako DX movie last year lol!

Last edited:
I prefer the English remake as well, the one with Naomi Watts if that's the one we're talking about lol.

I remember watching the Ring when it first came out when I was young. Was terrifying 😬

Actually remembered I was scared taking a picture of myself incase I had that blurred face like in the movie 😅
Yep, The Remake is with Naomi Watts!
For my part, I have never watched the entire cursed tape, I always look away for a few seconds to avoid the phone ringing :ROFLMAO:

Isn't the first dress what Samara Morgan wore (albeit dirtied) in America version of The Ring series? The second is more for the Japanese version the Ring.

So you get to choose which version you prefer, in a way.
I don't think it's Samara's dress either.
In the The Ring (Remake) the dress doesn't have as many pleats, and look at the sleeves, they're not the same.
COMPARATIF.jpg

The second dress looks like it's from her outfit as a Youtuber. Yeah, Sadako was a youtuber when she was promoting her Sadako DX movie last year lol!

Unfortunately that's not it either, you can also see that the dresses are different for the same reason (no pleats on the dress and different sleeves), and the youtuber's cosplay dress have buttons.

In short, I really don't know where this 2nd dress that Yantoys provides comes from 🫤

Yep, The Remake is with Naomi Watts!
For my part, I have never watched the entire cursed tape, I always look away for a few seconds to avoid the phone ringing :ROFLMAO:

I don't think it's Samara's dress either.
In the The Ring (Remake) the dress doesn't have as many pleats, and look at the sleeves, they're not the same.
View attachment 705659

Unfortunately that's not it either, you can also see that the dresses are different for the same reason (no pleats on the dress and different sleeves), and the youtuber's cosplay dress have buttons.

In short, I really don't know where this 2nd dress that Yantoys provides comes from 🫤
It looks similar to me except for the details but this is to be expected from third party companies usually.

Honestly, I don't think the addition of the dress drives up the price that much, it's more about the various accessories she comes with it, a well and a TV plus two headsculpts that drives up the price.

If they removed the additional headsculpt (the one that look awfully familiar like a hentai manga I read), it would probably make the price go down quite a bit.

put me on the list of those who like the remake better
and I find it way better
there is one Japanese sequel I thought was really good
maybe its the prequel Ring 0

I actually kind of liked The Ring 2. Saw it on HBO (I think) one time and thought it was surprisingly decent.

Back