101Toys Death God 1/6 Collectible Figure (Darkseid)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 721444

This is my repaint, minus the eyes.

I dry-brushed his skin on both his body and head to make them match more - odd choice on the manufacturers part.

Then I painted the armour matt black as an under coat/primer with the intention of adding a darker blue/purple and then dry-brushing a lighter tone to bring out the detail.

But to be honest, once I applied the first coat I was in love with how it looked with one colour. So scrapped the above and gave it a second coat, and man does it stand out. The details look just fine as is.

He’s just stood there in the cabinet and looks fantastic. The effect of the iridescence is quite eye catching and of course changes as you walk past/viewed from different angles - definitely gives his armour that “alien” material not of this world appearance👌🏻

I’ll post a pic of him in the display soon.
How did you achieve that effect? Thats amazing.

How did you achieve that effect? Thats amazing.

Pretty nice init.

The brand doesn’t come to mind right now, however the name of the paint does because I thought “of course it is!” - look up Darth Blue - model paint etc.

Initially I didn’t take too much notice of the effect as described, more that metallic deep Blue with hints of Purple.
But then when it arrived and I did a test section on something else, I was blown away by how cool it looked/reacted to the light.

When completed I just sat there for ages just turning him around and watching. When my wife walked in, she rolled her eyes and walk out. Nothing new.
To be fair to her, she then came back in as it caught her eye too and she said thats a lovely effect, what a cool looking space-dolly 👍🏻

9461C596-F2F8-4E02-9E17-63F011961713.jpeg

Not the best quality pic I know so apologies, but this gives a good look at how the Darth Blue paint looks/interacts within the cabinet.
Quite pleased with it, plus he’s huge as we all know so he’s quite the statement piece stood there with all the others.

View attachment 723091
Not the best quality pic I know so apologies, but this gives a good look at how the Darth Blue paint looks/interacts within the cabinet.
Quite pleased with it, plus he’s huge as we all know so he’s quite the statement piece stood there with all the others.
FD58782D-9206-4339-8204-59EB5E162099.jpeg

A little bit more context, shows off a bit more armour - down to his shoes anyway, nice colours throughout this self 👍🏻

View attachment 723091
That’s fantastic. Elevates a really dull, monochromatic piece to an absolute showstopper.

Did anyone else order that ZS JL Steppenwolf to pair with this?

That thing is so absurdly overdue.

Yeah not sure what to do about it, unfortunately I ordered from KG so I'm guessing I'm screwed. Toys Era is still releasing stuff so it's not like they've done a Big Chief Studios, yet..

Yeah not sure what to do about it, unfortunately I ordered from KG so I'm guessing I'm screwed. Toys Era is still releasing stuff so it's not like they've done a Big Chief Studios, yet..
We’re in the exact same situation then.
I paid upfront so, although I highly doubt KG would refund my money, they should at least convert it into points.
Doesn’t help that I’m trying to get away from using them but it’s better than loading £220 quid or whatever that thing cost.

Hopefully it’s just a super low priority and will randomly release eventually.

Back