3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorites photos I shot for the campaign

OU6Omqd.jpg

3qe2t8X.jpg

N8UkwXZ.jpg

iL8OfQj.jpg

awjfAYq.jpg

187TNxx.jpg

lVo9quw.jpeg

yDXJqWw.jpeg

Surprised the rumors were true and the next HasLab is indeed the Cantina. Cool concept and diorama, but not sure it would be something I would ever buy, even if I had not stopped collecting this scale long ago. Only buying the random figure here or there (mostly every Vader). And I feel like offering the figures carded means a vast majority of fans never even open them, especially when they say the card back is what's exclusive. You either have to back 2 to have a sealed set and open set to put in the diorama, or wait till they eventually release the figures again.

I prefer the ships. The Khetanna was super cool and had me deliberating till the end, but it was just waay too big and then would've cost a pretty penny to try to fill it with the proper figures. And the same with wanting the Razorcrest. I actually laughed when right after they destroyed it on the show. Felt better about passing on it. The ghost was sweet too, but not vested enough in Rebels to warrant it.

Thankfully they haven't done a must have for me yet. I had bought my son the big AT-AT way back when, so I have that and the nice AT-ST. I also have the TVC BMF I got super cheap, but never even opened it due to space to display it. Now that it goes for like $800-$1000 I can't bring myself to open it.

Congrats to those excited for this. Looking forward to all the cool photo's.

Surprised the rumors were true and the next HasLab is indeed the Cantina. Cool concept and diorama, but not sure it would be something I would ever buy, even if I had not stopped collecting this scale long ago. Only buying the random figure here or there (mostly every Vader). And I feel like offering the figures carded means a vast majority of fans never even open them, especially when they say the card back is what's exclusive. You either have to back 2 to have a sealed set and open set to put in the diorama, or wait till they eventually release the figures again.

I prefer the ships. The Khetanna was super cool and had me deliberating till the end, but it was just waay too big and then would've cost a pretty penny to try to fill it with the proper figures. And the same with wanting the Razorcrest. I actually laughed when right after they destroyed it on the show. Felt better about passing on it. The ghost was sweet too, but not vested enough in Rebels to warrant it.

Thankfully they haven't done a must have for me yet. I had bought my son the big AT-AT way back when, so I have that and the nice AT-ST. I also have the TVC BMF I got super cheap, but never even opened it due to space to display it. Now that it goes for like $800-$1000 I can't bring myself to open it.

Open that falcon and enjoy it. Or, sell it sealed, buy a loose used one for cheapish and display that. The extra money could go towards that Razorcrest

Had to share this set I got in today!!
Black series The Last Command!
I love everything EU,so this set eas a MUST!
I hardly collect Hasbro Star Wars these days,but EU will always be an exception.
1000009300.jpg
1000009303.jpg

I'd buy a new Jabba's Throne with the staircase alcove behind it if they'd just do it right (Not a Book of Boba Fett ripoff with a fat Bib Fortuna). We also need a new Jabba sculpt/figure. I haven't purchased any of the Jabbas in this scale since the original Kenner back in the 80's. They all look like crap i.m.o. Also, Haslab needs to stop being so cheap and cynical about the extra figures included with their environments. The torture droid in their latest (recycled) Jabba set doesn't even belong in the main hall. Now, had they instead released a new Jabba's Torture Dungeon, it would've been a totally different story ofcourse...

My favorites photos I shot for the campaign

OU6Omqd.jpg

3qe2t8X.jpg

N8UkwXZ.jpg

iL8OfQj.jpg

awjfAYq.jpg

187TNxx.jpg

lVo9quw.jpeg

yDXJqWw.jpeg
These pics are all gold!!
That first one with the Twins is awesome.
The lighting is perfect.
Congrats!!
I didn't realise you did the Classified photos as well,so kudos for those pics too!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Must be hard not to share your excitement over taking photos of unannounced products!!

These pics are all gold!!
That first one with the Twins is awesome.
The lighting is perfect.
Congrats!!
I didn't realise you did the Classified photos as well,so kudos for those pics too!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Must be hard not to share your excitement over taking photos of unannounced products!!
You have no idea lol. I'm more used to it now. But when I first start I was exploding waiting for stuff to come out so I could talk about it.

Thank you!

It's getting ripped apart on Rebelscum for its lack of a full exterior. I guess I'm easier to please these days. I never expected to get a full interior of the Cantina let alone the entire building. That said, if they were to get their way it would be a cooler product for everyone. I just worry this controversy will cause too many holdouts and it won't get backed at all.

Exterior or not, Arleil Schous or not, this is a dream item for the existing line as far as I'm concerned. Takes me back to being a child and getting that tiny Galoob Micro Machines C-3PO head Cantina.

It's getting ripped apart on Rebelscum for its lack of a full exterior.
That's what the realistic cardboard backdrop is for. :lol
8tvdqf.jpg

... Takes me back to being a child and getting that tiny Galoob Micro Machines C-3PO head Cantina.
Those who want to go real back!
For all the new cad-engineering, and screen accurate detail, the new one doesn't come with the "action levers" to simulate Ben hacking Walrus-Face, and Han blasting Greedo! :lol
8tulos.jpg

8tuldp.jpg

8tumqo.jpg

Kenner Cantina Playset set was infamously repurposed as a Western Cantina Playset, though heavily stylized, redecode actually translates pretty well.

Though honestly if they had released it yet again as the Indiana Jones Raven Saloon, Marion Ravenwood's bar in Nepal.
I might have gotten it all over again. :lol

With figures of: Marion behind the bar with flaming log and the whisky bottle.
The lever triggers Indy shooting or whipping one of Toht's goons,
the cardboard backdrop with fireplace, bullet riddled walls etc...
And on the saloon table, the stump with the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra.
8tv456.gif

8tv4r8.gif

Last edited:
I'm too young. For me it all started with the micromachines and then POTF2. Still a good time though, Digitally Remastered VHSes had just come out, we had the Zahn ''sequel trilogy'' to read, rumours of Special Edition theatrical releases and of course the idea of new Star Wars films to come which back then was a cause of excitement rather than dread or indifference.

It's getting ripped apart on Rebelscum for its lack of a full exterior. I guess I'm easier to please these days. I never expected to get a full interior of the Cantina let alone the entire building. That said, if they were to get their way it would be a cooler product for everyone. I just worry this controversy will cause too many holdouts and it won't get backed at all.

Exterior or not, Arleil Schous or not, this is a dream item for the existing line as far as I'm concerned. Takes me back to being a child and getting that tiny Galoob Micro Machines C-3PO head Cantina.
There is no way to preserve the modularity of this with a full exterior. And it’s not like the Cantina had a memorable exterior besides the entrance, which they did include. It’s just some generic stucco building. Easy enough to make on your own if that’s the dealbreaker. Being able to display this in smaller chunks is something they aren’t leaning into enough on the website but really got across in the live stream. That makes it so much easier to display for most of us without a coffee table to dedicate this to.

Last edited:
While I certainly like the idea that this can be displayed in the movie format - and am getting the Deluxe for that option - the likelihood is I'll have to display it lengthways on a shelf for the foreseeable future and the entrance facade displayed separately since it would otherwise be facing into the back of the shelf.

Did you ever think it's weird that Obi-Wan chopped off Ponda Baba's arm and just left it laying there, but Han Solo shot Greedo and at least paid for the damage? Han Solo is supposed to be the scoundrel! Obi-Wan is a jerk!

Obi-Wan is a poor monk in hiding that can’t even pay for a ride to Alderaan without selling his day old apprentice’s car. He doesn’t even have social security checks coming in. No way is he paying for something he had to finish but didn’t start. Ponda Boba should be cleaning up and taking his arm with him himself. Greedo ain’t going anywhere on his own so Han paying for Wuher to call the morgue (or something to come eat the body) is reasonable and polite. Plus he’s got a lot of money coming in from a poor monk that’s paying part now and part after he gets a ride. So from a certain point of view, Obi-Wan is actually the one paying for Greedo removal and maybe it also covers the Walrus Man mess too?

:lol

Obi-Wan is a poor monk in hiding that can’t even pay for a ride to Alderaan without selling his day old apprentice’s car. He doesn’t even have social security checks coming in. No way is he paying for something he had to finish but didn’t start. Ponda Boba should be cleaning up and taking his arm with him himself. Greedo ain’t going anywhere on his own so Han paying for Wuher to call the morgue (or something to come eat the body) is reasonable and polite. Plus he’s got a lot of money coming in from a poor monk that’s paying part now and part after he gets a ride. So from a certain point of view, Obi-Wan is actually the one paying for Greedo removal and maybe it also covers the Walrus Man mess too?

8twjv4.gif

...and hysterical.
Ponda Boba should be cleaning up and taking his arm with him himself. Greedo ain’t going anywhere on his own...

Last edited:
Haha I mean if I had just gotten my arm cut off, I’d be grabbing it (or having my companions help) and getting to a doctor quickly to see if they could reattach it. I wouldn’t expect the guy that cut it off to do that. I’d be wanting to get as far from him as possible.

Never have heard a good reason for blood being on the floor and that severed arm when lightsabers seem to immediately cauterize wounds. My best explanation has been the blood was already on the floor from some other fight :lol

Never have heard a good reason for blood being on the floor and that severed arm when lightsabers seem to immediately cauterize wounds. My best explanation has been the blood was already on the floor from some other fight :lol
Or for that matter, his appendage changing from a hoof-flipper, to a furry-hand. Clearly there is much about Walrus-Face we were never meant to know.
Though there is likely a whole expanded U tale out there, explaining it all, in overwrought meaningless detail. :lol
8twsug.gif

8twt7b.gif

Last edited:

It's an unbelievably cool effort but I do think they should have included the two exterior walls either side of the cantina entry (just maybe 6-8" wide either side) - the "Dewback parking area" wall and the wall to the right of the door, because both are visible in the movie and are kind of necessary if you want to do an exterior dio. Currently the finished part of the exterior is a bit too narrow to really capture the "approach to cantina" scene.

I do wonder if this one will get over the line though - not sure what percentage of backers land in that first week after the big reveal but you'd think it should be up to 6,000 by now to make it to 8,000 in the next 3 weeks but maybe there will be a surge later. I seem to recall the barge surprised a bit in that regard.

Back