A Minecraft Movie (with a general discussion of video game movies)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy.... that looked both the epitome of generic yet somehow so incredibly bad on every level. I would say meme worthy but somehow seems so forgettable.

Plus Jack Black again. At least Seth Rogen wasn't on screen (then again he might end up voicing a sheep that does the flossing dance)

Looks absolutely terrible but I suspect it will be a hit with its target audience of kids from 8-13 or whatever. I'm sure my daughter will want to see it. Jack Black hamming it up is probably the best encapsulation of what to expect with something like this. If you think that's great and funny then you will love this movie. If it makes you cringe then get ready for an endurance trial. Mamoa wearing his pink clothes and women's hair is, I'm sure, also played up for laughs.

Seems like a fully animated-style CG would better suit the material, but I guess they have algorithms and focus groups that say otherwise.

Not a good excuse to make a bad film.

Lets raise the bar of expectation for kids entertainment. For the good of humanity

depends how funny it is. the Mario movie didn't have a great plot. and the sonic movies pretty awful. ( angry birds was better than sonic)
I think this might be a mix between Mario and Sonic in quality

I'm not saying I'm going to love this or that it's gonna be great. but I don't think it will be terrible.

PaulRudd.JPG

Paul Rudd looks younger everytime I see him.

Also...skibidi toilet what the sigma?

one thing this has over those awful sonic movies is that it takes place in their world. I actually wanna see more.
Sonic movies are good.

Minecraft world doesn't have much of interest going on outside of what you see in the games. It's about making your own fun and stories really.

It should have been fully animated.

one thing this has over those awful sonic movies is that it takes place in their world. I actually wanna see more.
That's one thing that I think Mario got right and Sonic got totally wrong.

Setting Sonic in the real world just makes it feel like the late 90s CGI pet sidekick movies like Scooby Doo and Stuart Little.

Sonic movies are good.

Minecraft world doesn't have much of interest going on outside of what you see in the games. It's about making your own fun and stories really.

It should have been fully animated.
but sonic was very cliche and he has no business being in the real world. its barely a sonic movie. might as well be fast and the furious "featuring sonic"
the sonic movies could have had any other character and be the same.
I don't know anything at all about this movie except the short trailer. but I really like that it's on the Minecraft world.
That's one thing that I think Mario got right and Sonic got totally wrong.

Setting Sonic in the real world just makes it feel like the late 90s CGI pet sidekick movies like Scooby Doo and Stuart Little.
its like the smurfs going to New York. what's the point then. I never understood movies that take a cartoon character and place them in the real world.

Back