A new low level from Hot Toys Customers services!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olbertfrog

Super Freak
Reaction score
I contacted HT a 2 month ago because of a factory defect (the rubber trunk was warped beyond repair right out of the box) on my recently purchased IRON MAN Mark IV from an official reseller, my reseller had no replacement at the time and told me we could save some time by sending directly the defective parts to HT directly.

HT agreed, asked for pictures then asked me to send the full figure, i asked them if they could just send me a new rubber trunk, i would send them the defective one, and make the fix myself to reduce the shipping cost for them and me. They said no and asked for the full figure.

I packed my figure properly, without the head, hands and feets in a carboard box with bubblewrap paper. The cost was pretty expensive as i have shipped it with registration and the figure is a bit heavy.

Few weeks later i was notfied by HT that they have shipped back my replacement.

It arrived this morning.
Here is how they sent me back a 240 euros collection figure...
IN A FREAKIN ENVELLOPE!!!!!

photo0531e.jpg

Of course parts were damaged,some flaps are broken, paint chips and they did not change the whole body but just replaced the ribber trunk!
Seriously WTF?????????
Last time HT returned me a figure it was in a proper box and they changed the whole figure! What the point to ask me for the full figure, make me pay more for shipping???
And then send me back my expensive figure in an envellope?????

In my book this just mean ____ YOU CUSTOMER!!!!
We don't give a ____ about you we don't have any respect for you!!!

Last edited:
Re: A new low from Hot Toys Customers services!

First vent wich is always good :)
Also warn my fellow mates so they know what to expect.

Contact HT to see what they have to say about this.

Stuff like this should be known, because if people don't complain HT is gonna get away with it. It worked for the batman DX leakgate.
At least people know.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AZs6yhiRms[/ame]

An envelope....thats just unbelievable. How could they possibly think that wouldn't get damaged in transit?

Last edited:
The do this because people say nothing about it.
If more people complain or support fellow collectorsthis would not happen.

Thats what they did with my DX02 batman as well.
After they moved address and lost it for 3 weeks.

Bubble wrap must be very expensive over there...
:(

So this is not a first!
Come on seriously HT!!!!
What i found horrible is that i asked them to just send me the replacement part to reduce shipping for them and me but no they rather take the risk to damage your collector items...

That stinks, I'd be kicking up one hell of a storm with them. Totally unacceptable to ship a figure back in packaging like that.

I guess one take away from this is in the future just return it to the seller and buy from someone else. By this point there is probably nothing you can do with the seller and now you deal with all of the headaches when he probably should have in the first place. Not to mention he'd have more pull with HT than you do.

The return was done with the seller and HT agreement.
He will investigate and help but even with that this just innaceptable from HT seriously.

Wow.... HT. Fix this!!

I'm hoping it was just one STUPID employee on his first day at work being asked to do something simple like ship returns.

That's something you would expect from an eBay seller, not a major collectible manufacturer.

Yeah, I was lucky enough with my bats, as he was pretty robust as a figure, he got through in mostly one piece. I can't even imagine doing that to an Iron Man body.
Crazy.

That's unacceptable and you should contact them right away.

Ive sold statues and busts with fragile parts without the original styrofoam box a few times overseas.Ive packed it heavily with bigger bubble wrap and newspaper in multiple real sturdy cardboard boxes,minimum 3 of them with protection in between them.They always arrived in perfect shape.

You gotta think like it was you recieving it and how you would want it.

I can't believe the cost cutting they are doing by shipping in an envelope instead of a large box properly packed!

Outrageous crap from the guys on top of the game! How stupid is the guy who thought this was a way to save on shipping items back, Hot Toys, please fire that guy "cause he's a real idiot losing your customers respect!

Back