A new low level from Hot Toys Customers services!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted HT a 2 month ago because of a factory defect (the rubber trunk was warped beyond repair right out of the box) on my recently purchased IRON MAN Mark IV from an official reseller, my reseller had no replacement at the time and told me we could save some time by sending directly the defective parts to HT directly.

HT agreed, asked for pictures then asked me to send the full figure, i asked them if they could just send me a new rubber trunk, i would send them the defective one, and make the fix myself to reduce the shipping cost for them and me. They said no and asked for the full figure.

I packed my figure properly, without the head, hands and feets in a carboard box with bubblewrap paper. The cost was pretty expensive as i have shipped it with registration and the figure is a bit heavy.

Few weeks later i was notfied by HT that they have shipped back my replacement.

It arrived this morning.
Here is how they sent me back a 240 euros collection figure...
IN A FREAKIN ENVELLOPE!!!!!

photo0531e.jpg

Of course parts were damaged,some flaps are broken, paint chips and they did not change the whole body but just replaced the ribber trunk!
Seriously WTF?????????
Last time HT returned me a figure it was in a proper box and they changed the whole figure! What the point to ask me for the full figure, make me pay more for shipping???
And then send me back my expensive figure in an envellope?????

In my book this just mean ____ YOU CUSTOMER!!!!
We don't give a ____ about you we don't have any respect for you!!!

Thought i'd show a comparison.

I got this replacement Bacara from Sideshow yesterday...

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Well sideshow does do replcements on hot toys figures and has the above level of packagaing, BUT with hot toys being such a popular company THERE IS NO EXCUSE for such packaging and waiting on fixing QC

****ing Hot Toys.

I've said before that I've never hated a company just as much as I love their product as Hot Toys. But I don't like 1/4 and I'm not in to statues so it leaves me with little options.

So any updates on the situation olberfrog?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

How come someones bumping all the anti-HT threads in this section?

The main culprit seemed to stop once his post count reached 50. All mundane one-liner posts. It's just a hunch, but I'd say his next stop is the commerce section.

The main culprit seemed to stop once his post count reached 50. All mundane one-liner posts. It's just a hunch, but I'd say his next stop is the commerce section.

:lol

My next stop - bottom of the page, see if hes online right now and if hes looking at FS/T & WTB threads.

I guess all the necroposted ones are. When I rocked up to the General AF section this afternoon I didn't recognize it for all the bumped threads. I guess a mod has since got the broom out - damn, all that effort only to be back at 45 posts :lol

I cannot believe that! I would ***** up a storm and post that everywhere! No one should have to deal with that after all the money some of us invest in these figures.

Hello Guys,
sorry i forgot to do a follow up.
After posting this on HT facebook, and thanks to the massive response from fellow collectors i got contacted by HT public relation.
They asked me for the pictures of the damages to my Mark VI (mainly shoulder, legs broken and some flaps), they then proceeded to send me replacements.
I was on holidays when it was delivered so when i came back it had been returned to HT.
I recontacted them notifying them about the return, after a few day they finally answered telling me it has been reshipped.
So now i'm waiting for it.
To be continued :)

Hello Guys,
sorry i forgot to do a follow up.
After posting this on HT facebook, and thanks to the massive response from fellow collectors i got contacted by HT public relation.
They asked me for the pictures of the damages to my Mark VI (mainly shoulder, legs broken and some flaps), they then proceeded to send me replacements.
I was on holidays when it was delivered so when i came back it had been returned to HT.
I recontacted them notifying them about the return, after a few day they finally answered telling me it has been reshipped.
So now i'm waiting for it.
To be continued :)

This whole thing could have been avoided had they shipped it respectfully and properly to begin with! :lecture

Back