ACI Male Figure Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it from a member here.

"Wayne suit" actually used to find it in ebay, but not anymore. :(

This is a little bit washed out by the flash, But I can say that in-hand it's the same color as a Caucasian TT.

P1130626.jpg

First impression: Some of the joints are too loose (cut thigh joints) and some are way too tight (left shoulder, and upper ab joint). Hoping that this can be evened out a bit with some work with a screwdriver...

I'm terrible with these things, so I might be missing something obvious. What are the differences between the A, B, and C bodies besides the headsculpt?

I like that it appears to have a slimmer chest. I've always felt like that was the biggest drawback to the true type.

I'm terrible with these things, so I might be missing something obvious. What are the differences between the A, B, and C bodies besides the headsculpt?

Yeah, pretty sure it's just the head-sculpt. Which means it probably doesn't matter which one you get. If the head I got is anything like the others they are all crap! :lol

I like that it appears to have a slimmer chest. I've always felt like that was the biggest drawback to the true type.

In hand, it does appear that it is slightly less barrel chested than a Standard TT. Pretty much identical in every other way though.

Mag, any impressions as to the quality of the body? For the price, they seem like they'd do a good job, especially on figures that are covered in clothing anyway.

So its very close in color to the TrueType caucasian? Im particularily curious if its identical in color to the Gambit Narrow shoulder one. Thanks.

Mag, any impressions as to the quality of the body? For the price, they seem like they'd do a good job, especially on figures that are covered in clothing anyway.

Here are a few impressions:

1) It does not feel like the same quality as a TT. It's hard to put my finger on... it just doesn't move as smoothly. Many of the joints are too tight (which is better than too loose of course) and it makes posing difficult. In fact, I cant get the forward and back movement to work at all on the left shoulder. This could probably be adjusted if you removed all the plugs and got all the screws to the right tightness.

2) The Hot Toys neck adapter (for sculpts without a neck) sits higher in the body than it does on a TT. I got my Cobb put together and couldn't put my finger on what was different at first, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

3) This is a big one: The wrist pegs do not appear to be removable from the forearms. I heated them up and used a pliers and they were not budging. This wouldn't be an issue if they fit Hot Toys hands... they DO NOT. Thankfully it was easy enough to file down the tips of the pegs to get the hands to fit. Also, the wrist joint isn't very pretty. the ball joint is MUCH more noticeable than a TT's wrist pegs. So if you have a character with exposed arms, I don't recommend it.

4) Incidentally, I like the hands that come with the figure. They need to be repainted, as they are kind of shinny, but the relaxed hands are a more natural shape than the TT open hands, and they seem like they aren't quite as long, which is a good thing. However, if you choose to use the hands that come with it, you won't be using any TT hands because of the pegs. You will have to choose between the two.

5) I would say that the color is very close to the Gambit Narrow TT.

I'll try and post a few more pics later on. :peace

6) The ankle pegs appear to be interchangeable with HT pegs. (I am using Sideshow shoes right now.)

Neck length comparison:

Narrow TT body:

20.jpg

ACI body:

P1130636.jpg

I had kind of gotten used to him having no neck so it's taking a while to adjust to a more normal neck length, but I think the shoulders look much better.

The longer neck is also good here because DiCaprio is taller than JGL.

josephonthesetofincepti.jpg

leodicapriojosephgordon.jpg

Thanks for the great info, Mag.

I'm tempted to give one of them a shot, but the wrist joint thing could be a deal breaker. I am awful with any sort of filing/sanding adjustments with my TTs. I also tend to be impatient with them, so this could be dangerous for me.

It might be worth the purchase for the headsculpt alone. It looks like me without a widow's peak. :lol

Back