ACI Male Figure Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed a few of these loose off TA the other day. Skipped the ACI hands and the longer neck attachment, thinking I could mod some stuff I already have. Good news is they take BBI necks with no problem, will check later for others. Wishing I had grabbed the ACI neck though because all the HT heads I have attached look a bit stubby with the HT stock neck. Body seems to have a slimmer chest than HT, and the knee/elbow joints feel stronger than the last few TT's I bought, which is nice.

Biggest problem with the fig is DEFINITELY the wrist pegs, holy cow. I heated them, took the screw out of the forearm to see if that would loosen it, nothing worked. At this point it's just going to cause more cosmetic damage to the end of the wrist to keep trying to pull it out with pliers etc, and if I am going to do that I may as well break out the dremel and try a more permanent and cleaner solution. I wouldn't say the wrist pegs are a deal breaker unless you're not someone who likes to physically alter bodies, because so far I haven't found a single other set of gloves from another company that fits over the ACI pegs. However I am totally willing to start chopping things up to make them work, so keep that in mind.

Other than that though, it's a good body. Mine felt solid and tight (a little too tight in the shoulder, which was easily rectified by raising the arms to a "T" position and pulling on the shoulder areas bracing from the bicep and forearm in a forward/backward motion, and it loosened up fine), and plastic isn't the same as Hot Toys maybe but feels on par with other companies in the range.

The ACI headsculpts look like garbage, so not sad I passed on it, but a parted out figure is really going to cost more than a new one, so there's no point in not grabbing a whole fig and tossing the heads right in the trash then. Like to see ACI tackle a different body shape after this, a little more narrow shouldered, but it's a nice take on a body we all already know we like.

Good review. :)

Yeah, those wrist pegs aren't going anywhere. They are easily filed to fit HT hands though. :)

I agree that the knees and elbows are tighter than HT. I still have a stuck shoulder on mine.

Strange that the HT neck look stubby in your experience. I thought the opposite thing. :dunno

Neck length comparison (on right):

Narrow TT body:

20.jpg

ACI body:

P1130636.jpg

To be clear, it's a HT neck in both of these pics. It seems that the ball joint for the neck adapter sits higher in the ACI body.

TT neck didn't look super stubby depending on the clothes, but when I put on the ACI military sweater, suddenly the figure looked like Ram-Man. The ACI neck may actually be too long compared to the TT too, but I like to have options depending on cuts of clothing etc.

Great customs btw.

Thanks. :)

Pretty sure the ACI neck adapter is longer than the TT neck. The one it came with looked too long to me.

"Giraffe neck" is kind of a pet peeve of mine, so I always prefer stubby if there's a choice.

Hmm.. Well, looks like the ACI is a good and cheap replacement of a TT, might order a few, they look better than a TTL, anyways.

Does ACI have an email or something ? anyone knows ?

Dunno.

Just keep in mind that you are getting the equivalent of a Standard (wide shouldered) TT. Not the Narrow Shoulder. :peace

Back