Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I have to say I found the pilot all rather dull and predictable sadly with a cast filled with Ken and Barbie clones, with the exceptions of J.August (who was the best thing in it as far as I'm concerned) and the bloke playing Coulsdon. The others all felt like you'd seen them before in other Whedon shows. The nervous nerd, the genius pretty girl, the Rogue clone, the tough guy who's got a sensitive side, etc, etc.

In an odd way the whole thing reminded me of a slicker more high tech version of Torchwood. *g*

Apart from a couple of trade mark Whedon witticisms the whole thing felt very leaden and I felt my hand hovering over the fast forward button about half way through.

How much of this was because it's been back seat driven by Marvel exec's and how much of this is because Whedon just didn't cut it I have no idea.

And as for the back to the future style ending..*groan*

And as for Coulsdon. Well my money's still on him being a artificial being/android/life decoy. Joss does like to re-cycle certain of his plot ideas, and seeing the 'Buffy is a Robot only she doesn't know it' bit went down like a lead balloon with the Buffy comics crowd, so I could easily see him fostering that idea into this.

Just got done watching it myself. I enjoyed it something to watch after breaking bad finishes. Enjoyed all the references too, wonder if we'll see any ''big budget'' cameos i.e jackson or RDJ.

Just got done watching it myself. I enjoyed it something to watch after breaking bad finishes. Enjoyed all the references too, wonder if we'll see any ''big budget'' cameos i.e jackson or RDJ.

Considering what those guys get paid to be in the movies, I sincerely doubt it.

I'd like to see Jackson show up in a few episodes even if it is just a Charlie's Angels type thing with his voice or some sort or skype call between him and Coulson. I think we may see more of Cobie Smulders after HIMYM wraps up.

I wonder how much stuff or hints there will be about things going on in movies to come. Think it would be kinda cool for Hank Pym to make an appearance later on after they cast the part for the movie. Have him show up as a S.H.I.E.L.D scientist and let that be Marvel's way of announcing who will be playing the part. It would be one hell of a way to get ratings.

That would be cool if they did do cameos. :rock

I really like seeing Cobie Smulders reprise her role as Maria Hill. :D :naughty

I enjoyed the show, I liked all the Marvel references especially when "Lucille" turned out to be a SHIELD flying car! :yess:

I think the flying car was "Lola", not "Lucille". I think "Lucille" was B.B. King's guitar. Loved the show, warts and all.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show, I liked all the Marvel references especially when "Lucille" turned out to be a SHIELD flying car! :yess:

It was cool to see Cobie Smulders reprise her role as Maria Hill. :rock

:lol :lol :lol So true!

Lola

Coulson lives.

Or does he...

I have more to say but it's hard on a tablet so tomorrow it is. I did love it though. Made me think of Angel. :)

Lola is just Lucille spelled backwards and at a 45° angle. :D

:exactly:

I really enjoyed the show. There was so much about it that I really liked. Fitz and Simmons are going to be amazing. I truly look forward to their witty banter. We all know that Joss loves his witty banter. :lecture

May, so far, is my favorite. Waiting impatiently to see how Joss develops her character.

Obviously Skye and Grant will be the leads in love. However, so far it looks like everyone had pretty equal screen time, which is another thing Joss does best. Another great thing about him. Not everyone loves the lead so it's nice with the lead actually stretches out to several people. This is called Agents of Shield, so obviously it's not focused solely on one person. However, even Buffy was focused around one person and it still managed to give us fair screen time for everyone..

Ranter right here..

I really like Clark Gregg and I know it's his character to be somewhat dry, but it's not fully working for me. Something is missing with him so I hope to see a bit of a hop to his step.

All I want now is to see more Melinda May kicking butt, cause that was pretty sexy. :monkey3

I'm in for as long as Coulson and May are on the show. The other characters can rotate for all I care.

I probably would've liked Skye more if she were played by Eliza Dushku. That's clearly who they were going for...

A friend of mine described the show as "overly-Whedon-y". I didn't get that at all. There were definitely some Whedon moments, but I would call this show the least Whedon-y show of all Whedon shows (if Whedoness is indeed a quantifiable thing).

:exactly:

I really enjoyed the show. There was so much about it that I really liked. Fitz and Simmons are going to be amazing. I truly look forward to their witty banter. We all know that Joss loves his witty banter. :lecture

May, so far, is my favorite. Waiting impatiently to see how Joss develops her character.

Obviously Skye and Grant will be the leads in love. However, so far it looks like everyone had pretty equal screen time, which is another thing Joss does best. Another great thing about him. Not everyone loves the lead so it's nice with the lead actually stretches out to several people. This is called Agents of Shield, so obviously it's not focused solely on one person. However, even Buffy was focused around one person and it still managed to give us fair screen time for everyone..

Ranter right here..

I really like Clark Gregg and I know it's his character to be somewhat dry, but it's not fully working for me. Something is missing with him so I hope to see a bit of a hop to his step.

All I want now is to see more Melinda May kicking butt, cause that was pretty sexy. :monkey3

Indeed! :naughty

Back