ALIEN COMICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kairus

Super Freak
Reaction score
original comic mini series 1990 ALIENS very beautyfull artwork

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gCOgt9TCpQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gCOgt9TCpQA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Cool vid. I have the first issue, which I got for $8. Could've gotten a better deal online, but I wanted to buy it locally. Love the painted artwork in here. It's my most prized comic.

yea the artwork is really good. the artist busted himself doing basically everything, he mention it on his website.

heh, those were my first alien comics. still have the ones i bought back in the day.
the artwork is amazing but the story is a boring half-assed sequel/rehash of the movie.
actually, that's what the majority of Aliens comics were. and most of them weren't as pretty.

I find the comics are exactly like the original Aliens novel trilogy (which I proudly own :D), but with characters from the actual movie (Hicks and Newt).
The books had new people, but I suppose that's because they came a few years later. General storyline is the exact same, though. Huh, when I go to my comic shop to get the new NECA Preds, I oughta pick the other issues I'm missing. These are worth $8 a pop for the artwork alone IMO.

There were some really cool Aliens, Predator, Terminator and Star Wars comics from Dark Horse during that time. It was a cool thing to have when there were no movies about.

I remember really liking the Predator Vs Batman series... seemed like a good match-up :rock

bvp3.jpg

batman vs predator ..... really liked the batsuit batman puts on to fight the predator. kool design.

There were some really cool Aliens, Predator, Terminator and Star Wars comics from Dark Horse during that time. It was a cool thing to have when there were no movies about.
Dark Horse mostly just farted out Aliens/Predator/Terminator/etc comics because they're easy to write and they'll sell on notoriety alone.
that said, Aliens Labyrinth was excellent and the Frank Miller Robocop/Terminator comics were a fun read.
none of the Predator comics really stood out though. they just exist to cash in on the movies and don't accomplish much in the way of narrative or artwork.
I remember really liking the Predator Vs Batman series... seemed like a good match-up :rock
meh. predator was outsmarted by Arnold, so i was never under the impression it was a real threat to the world's greatest detective.

Thanks for the vid. I have wanted to pick up those comics for awhile now and after seeing your vid I need to start looking on Ebay.
I have several Aliens book too I think Dark redid and renamed Newt to Billy cain't remember Hicks character though off hand.

meh. predator was outsmarted by Arnold, so i was never under the impression it was a real threat to the world's greatest detective.

Well oputunity played a part with Dutch aswell, also every Predator is an individual so remember everyone has a different intellegence level :D

bvp3.jpg

Since when are predators strong enough to rip roofs off of cars :lol

I've got these stashed somewhere, you're right, the art is really nice. The covers are realllly nice.

I also picked up the paperback compilation, I think it is called "nightmare asylum". In that version they changed the names for story line continuity after Alien 3 came out. Gonna have to dig them out & have another look.

I remember scanning this page around about the time I got them, the scanner tech at the time was pretty ____:

aliens-2.jpg

Awesome! :yess:

The best Alien comic was Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson's adaptation of the original movie. Awesome stuff!

Back