ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Cubex Huff in the post today. It's a really impressive figure and IMO is perfect for display with the Masterpieces. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the rest of the Old Timer Series!

Very tempted to put a PO in for Scoria. It looks fantastic, and I really like that you get the all red heads. I don't think that MP-08 looks right in his platform shoes when alongside Scoria...he just looks too skinny by comparison, but you never know it may look fine in hand.

Swoop and Skyfire are the other confirmed releases from FT for this year but I think it's extremely likely we'll see Snarl and Sludge next year.

Sludge was my first Dinobot, but my favorite is stilll Swoop. I'm a sucker for Dinobots so I will be getting it eventually. Takara/Hasbro must be kicking themselves seeing these 3rd parties are ahead of the game and doing so well with their own MP lines.

BTW, thanks guys for the compliment on my office.

I find the third party figures to actually be superior to the MPs in a lot of ways. To me, Quakewave is a better quality figure than the Hasbro Seekers. Even to flimsy MP Megs.

I'm thinking of picking up Year of the Horse MP Optimus. Don't have any of him yet and I can't afford the regular versions.

All things transformers!!!!

All they have at my local toys r us is that ugly playschool looking big starscream. What an ugly, overpriced pos. Why would they release something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Not a Transformer but one of the favorite robots of my childhood is getting an awesome new toy,

This really takes me back to being a kid in the early 80's, "Star Fleet" was an awesome series but there were never any decent toys so I always had to try and build Dai-X out of Lego which wasn't really the same.

I'm thinking of picking up Year of the Horse MP Optimus. Don't have any of him yet and I can't afford the regular versions.

I don't blame you, I think he looks great, still not sold on the clear trailer, but I think trailers can be pciked up at a reasonable price.

All they have at my local toys r us is that ugly playschool looking big starscream. What an ugly, overpriced pos. Why would they release something like that?

You mean why would they release this again...and again...and again?
Its nothing new, that thing pops up every few years. Its like a VD, it just won't stay away. ;lol

I don't blame you, I think he looks great, still not sold on the clear trailer, but I think trailers can be pciked up at a reasonable price.

Yeah, I don't like the trailer either. Hopefully I can find a regular one cheap later on. If I were more confident, I might also try painting it myself.

Hey all, when I got into MPs from MP-8, I didnt realise some came with coins. I only started getting coins with MP-15 onwards since I preordered so far in advance. So if possible, I'm looking to go back and get the coins for the earlier MPs (MP-8 to MP-14).

I can see listings for most of them, even the repaints, but I cant seem to find any reference to an MP-9B Black Rodimus coin. Can anyone tell me if it actually released with a coin? Thanks!

Hmmm, here's my list of MPs I want coins:

MP-8 Grimlock: coin listed on ebay
MP-9 Rodimus: coin listed on ebay
MP-9B Black Rodimus: WAS A COIN EVER RELEASED?
MP-10 Optimus: coin listed on ebay
MP-10B Black Optimus: coin listed on ebay
MP-11: coin listed on ebay
MP-11S: got coin with the figure
MP-12: coin listed on ebay
MP-12T: WAS A COIN EVER RELEASED?
MP-12G: preordered, so should get coin
MP-13: coin listed on ebay
MP-13B: preordered, so should get coin
MP-14: coin listed on ebay

The rest I have. Can anyone help with those I highlighted above?

They decided to ship Black Rodimus with the limited edition broken knee rather than a coin. :lol

Sorry, couldn't resist, hope you can find it, if there is one.

Got my Cubex Huff today, awesome figure!

I know what people mean when they say the build quality isn't quite up to current MP standards... and I stress current, because he's a lot more solid than Rodimus, or even maybe Grimlock in some areas... Very impressive figure though, highly recommended!

Also got the Japanese G1 series on DVD, finally. Would like to watch them soon, but I'm still about halfway through rewatching season three on Netflix. I'd like to do it all in sequence, but I really want to get a feel for this Star Saber guy before preorders come up!

Not a Transformer but one of the favorite robots of my childhood is getting an awesome new toy,

This really takes me back to being a kid in the early 80's, "Star Fleet" was an awesome series but there were never any decent toys so I always had to try and build Dai-X out of Lego which wasn't really the same.

Wow, that is an... interesting design!

Never heard of this series, but cool that this is happening for ya! :)

Also got the Japanese G1 series on DVD, finally. Would like to watch them soon, but I'm still about halfway through rewatching season three on Netflix. I'd like to do it all in sequence, but I really want to get a feel for this Star Saber guy before preorders come up!

Hows that go? Is it just extra episodes in the J version or something else changed?

Hows that go? Is it just extra episodes in the J version or something else changed?

Total change
I can't remember the exact details but the abridged reason is...

The Japanese weren't happy with how the US series went after seaon 3 (i.e. the 3 Headmaster episodes that ended the TF cartoon in the west) so decided to pretend that doesn't happen & instead carried on by themselves with the Headmaster series.

After that they then did 2 more full seasons in the form of Masterforce & Victory (which introduced Powermasters & Pretenders)
After that there is one last episode called Scramble City, this was meant to be the last ever series but it was canned after just the one episode

Everything is worth seeing IMO but don't go in expecting too much.

HTH

Neil

Back