ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, it's not a 100% match for G1, but...**** it, that thing looks rock solid and a perfect modern take on the G1 character. Can't wait to own it. :rock

I'm guessing that leader Megatron is confirmation that MP Megatron v2 IS coming and that he's a gun as well. At leader size he'll be as tall as MP OP v2, and with Generations being a collectors line it could be a way for Hasbro to give those same collectors a good alternative to something they won't be able to sell.

Has there been any sort of confirmation that a v2 megaton is coming? I just need megatron to complete my main deception trio with stars cream and soundwave.

All we know is that a leader megaton was listed with this skyfire/jetfire figure.

Could be this version.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 351
I think it's only a matter of time before Takara announce the new Masterpiece Megatron, it was likely planned way back when they started work on MP10 and a design is likely done and waiting for the green light to go into production.

Hasbro can't ever sell a Megatron that turns into such a realistic looking gun in the States for obvious reasons, so they need a large scale G1 style Megatron for their market to make up for it.

It'll inevitably be based on IDW as they seem to have a large boner for their crappy comic designs at the moment.

I'll wait for the proper one from Takara.

The same people who saw this Jetfire before it got leaked said that Megatron is a tank and pretty much looks like the current IDW body, so yeah.

A Megs that looks close to G1-accurate in bot mode, even if he turns into something different, would be a huge step in the right direction. Closest thing Hasbro has given us, basically since the original G1 figure, is the Classics version that looks like a Nerf gun, and whose robot mode isn't all that great.

Just got my first two Autobots :)

azeve4e7.jpg
Sweet. If you could go back 5-6 years, those were two of my favorite Transformers in my collection. The recent MP figures have really made me lose all interest in the Alternators/Binaltech figures, but I used to love that Jazz and my Alert/Prowl hybrid.

stars cream
Never seen him referred to that way before. I like it :lol

The same people who saw this Jetfire before it got leaked said that Megatron is a tank and pretty much looks like the current IDW body, so yeah.

So it'll be G1 Substitute Megatron as opposed to the real deal :lol

Hopefully the sculpt on Generations Leader Megs will a bit crisper than others, might be Hasbros only chance to have a big G1 Megatron toy since a MP version cannot grace US shelves.

So it'll be G1 Substitute Megatron as opposed to the real deal :lol

Well...Yes? They were never going to release a leader class gun Megatron. And every single toy is a substitute to a perfect Masterpiece take on the cartoon character, that's nothing new. Doesn't mean they're bad either. What was even the point of posting that, anyways? :dunno

Well...Yes? They were never going to release a leader class gun Megatron. And every single toy is a substitute to a perfect Masterpiece take on the cartoon character, that's nothing new. Doesn't mean they're bad either. What was even the point of posting that, anyways? :dunno

Now that G1 characters are being recreated with the accuracy that we're seeing from Takara, Fans Toys, Cubex and if their Skyfire has no QC issues Daca Toys all this redesigned or reimagined stuff is to me looking increasingly dull.

It was quaint back in '07 or so when the Masterpiece line was **** and 3rd parties hadn't emerged but not now.

you do realize Megatron will never be a handgun in a US release again right? It is against the law here.

Apparently it's OK if they stick an orange plug into the barrel, but I don't guess Hasbro wants to face the bad publicity if they tried that.

it will most likely never happen, I don't see it. They never brought over the MP megatron did they? But I'm cool with Megatron being something other than a gun. I actually like the tank mode and I'm cool with him having a jet form. As long as his bot mode is good, he needs his arm canon, it's a must.

Hasbro released Megatron as a gun not too far back, I can see them doing it again.

Attachments

• megatron_0.jpg
    megatron_0.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 171
Well it appears Takara don't really mind what they turn Megatron into these days as a few pics have surfaced of a brand new direction for him & this time he's moving into the world of Retro Video Games & now he's Sega's ultimate home console in the form of the Mk1 Megadriver :rotfl

1391912488_1391907239208.jpg

1391912488_Bf_zAQnCQAAQH8F.jpg

1391912488_Bf_0sRoCIAE9zis.jpg

Optimus Prime better be a Super Famicom!! :rotfl

Neil

Back