Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brisk_summers_sdcc_by_squirrelshaver-d56ph3z.jpg

Someone is selling bootleg art prints of my original art. What can I do to stop him?

I was checking out eBay and apparently some dude is selling art prints of my original art I commission from JSC, and selling them for $200 a piece.

I never gave this guy permission to make art prints; Campbell never gives outside people permission to make art prints that he doesn't want to make himself; and this guy apparently sells prints of all sorts of commission pieces that have both been printed officially and unprinted officially, calling them "test runs."

What can I do to get him to stop? I tried reporting the item to eBay, but they only give you 100 characters to write up your reason, which is far too few characters to print up something intelligent and legible to the point. Campbell deals with this stuff everyday and won't contest the guy simply because it wastes his time trying to fight every bootlegger in the world. And while I'd like to get this guy to stop everything, I can only really focus on my own image and would like him to end the auction for that one image alone.

If anyone is at all curious, here's the auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d33fdbef6

I've bought from this guy before, he is friends with J Scott and gets these test prints directly from him. Since he can't mass produce commission pieces, he only prints a few and gives them to friends or colleagues. This print is legit, when I bought my Red Sonja print from this guy I asked J Scott himself if it was legit and he confirmed it was.

I'm in no way trying to protect him, I know it sucks 'cause you have the original. Just thought you should know.

Last edited:
I've bought from this guy before, he is friends with J Scott and gets these test prints directly from him. Since he can't mass produce commission pieces, he only prints a few and gives them to friends or colleagues. This print is legit, when I bought my Red Sonja print from this guy I asked J Scott himself if it was legit and he confirmed it was.

I'm in no way trying to protect him, I know it sucks 'cause you have the original. Just thought you should know.

he has a lot of cool stuff, but overpriced imo.

JSC just posted up a checklist of everything he's gonna be selling at SDCC

j__scott_campbell_sdcc_2012_checklist_by_j_scott_campbell-d56smr2.jpg

anymore pics of Rocketeer? How come none of his spiderman type prints on his site are limited? Some of those have been around for years.

That really sucks =/ I wouldn't mind it if it was a way to get my commissioned image out to the fans and make it more popular. But he's overselling these prints in low quantities and making money off of them that he/she/they have no right to.

Hell, I have bills - I should be able to sell this image as a print run if I decide to. But I don't because I'm not trying to disrespect JSC and I'm not someone who bought this art for the sake of monetary gain (if that were the case I would have sold the original art off to one of the many requests I've received years ago).

Thanks for the heads up Ill :wave

:goodpost:
I didn't even know what this is about until I saw this and read back up on the posts.

I can personally vouch for this guy on the Bay, I've been buying from him for years. He works very closely/directly with Aspen, JSC and many more. He's not just a a guy that knows them through work but he is also very good friends with them, most of the big names that create the Art we love so much.
He gets MANY exclusives and I can assure you that they and he is legit.

I buy from him all the time (have done for several years now) and have the upmost respect for the guy so I'm sure nothing underhand is going on.
I can't speak for this exact situation but I do know that he is not shady and gets all the exclusives, extras and personal prints from working directly with these peeps. If he has something listed, he will have permission to sell it.

Just my thoughts on the subject, now I've read up on it anyway.
x :peace

Last edited:
:goodpost:
I didn't even know what this is about until I saw this and read back up on the posts.

I can personally vouch for this guy on the Bay, I've been buying from him for years. He works very closely/directly with Aspen, JSC and many more. He's not just a a guy that knows them through work but he is also very good friends with them, most of the big names that create the Art we love so much.
He gets MANY exclusives and I can assure you that they and he is legit.

I buy from him all the time (have done for several years now) and have the upmost respect for the guy so I'm sure nothing underhand is going on.
I can't speak for this exact situation but I do know that he is not shady and gets all the exclusives, extras and personal prints from working directly with these peeps. If he has something listed, he will have permission to sell it.

Just my thoughts on the subject, now I've read up on it anyway.
x :peace

you have respect for the guy? bluerainbow is one of the biggest art print flippers on ebay. most of his prices are outrageous. and with JSCs track record i wouldnt be surprised if he is getting kickback from this guy selling his stuff. just saying.

Back