Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly. He also sometimes joins that line between the eyes and eye brows, then Nei darkens the tips of their noses making his ladies look a bit like rabbits. :lol

I don't know if this was posted before, but here goes:

Vampirella, by Dave Stevens (R.I.P.)

Vampirella-DaveStevens_zpsede2e335.jpg

Out of curiosity...did anyone who went to the con see JSC selling any new Fairy Tale Fantasy prints from the 2014 calendar? Or was he just selling the calendar?
I didn't go to the Con (obviously) but as far as I know he'll be selling the prints of them afterwards from his site, both separately and in full sets, not sure when though.

4b868e6f6f2e96e1a0583ee3fc1cc65b-d6dmwz8.jpg

fairy_tale_fantasies_2014_snowwhite_by_toolkitten-d6dmift.jpg

9d7bf5c671d683f0475968b7e5b81ebf-d6dajv6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

fairytale_fantasies_2014_teaser_set_2_by_j_scott_campbell-d6dj73c.jpg

fairytale_fantasies_2014_teaser_set_2_by_j_scott_campbell-d6d8f03.jpg

fairytale_fantasies_2014_teaser_set_1_by_j_scott_campbell-d6d6y05.jpg

Inside look of the calendar:
https://www.auctiva.com/hostedimage...455668,687455690&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

Inside look of the 'Red' Hardcover Book:
https://www.auctiva.com/hostedimage...41,687455557&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

x :wave

Last edited:
Out of curiosity...did anyone who went to the con see JSC selling any new Fairy Tale Fantasy prints from the 2014 calendar? Or was he just selling the calendar?

He only had two of his new images for sale. I was talking to his brother and Bret Cate, and they were saying that the paper manufacturer for his previous prints stopped making the same paper, and JSC hasn't found a replacement he likes yet. He was testing out a chrome paper (like a giant sized foil card in a trading card pack) and only put two of his new images on that while he simply reprinted some of his older calender images as well.

I think he had eight prints, three of which were new (The Mermaid, the Tink, and the red book cover image done on all black, non chrome paper), with the other five being rehashes (his first Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and other images I was never enamored with the first time I saw them).

As to when the new prints will be released, who knows. Some new helper at his booth says by Chicago Comic Con, but anything can happen (and honestly, these new designs are pretty lackluster. JSC can't figure out any new characters to use, and he can't figure out good compositions for them).

Last edited:
Back