Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the links, Shell! :1-1: I saw this piece...

687455600_o.jpg

And I want it for three reasons:

1. It's March, my birthday month :yess:
2. It's Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz :D
3. I live in Kansas and Dorothy is from Kansas :rock

He only had two of his new images for sale. I was talking to his brother and Bret Cate, and they were saying that the paper manufacturer for his previous prints stopped making the same paper, and JSC hasn't found a replacement he likes yet. He was testing out a chrome paper (like a giant sized foil card in a trading card pack) and only put two of his new images on that while he simply reprinted some of his older calender images as well.

I think he had eight prints, three of which were new (The Mermaid, the Tink, and the red book cover image done on all black, non chrome paper), with the other five being rehashes (his first Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and other images I was never enamored with the first time I saw them).

As to when the new prints will be released, who knows. Some new helper at his booth says by Chicago Comic Con, but anything can happen (and honestly, these new designs are pretty lackluster. JSC can't figure out any new characters to use, and he can't figure out good compositions for them).

Thanks for the information, IOE, I jope to see the Dorothy art as a print. :pray:

Nice Artgerm stuff! Are all those yours?

Lol, not at all. I was lucky enough to get one of those (the Dark Phoenix), but it cost me $500 and took a couple days to get. I think he was charging more for the larger black and white pieces on the paper with the gold trim.

Artgerm and his handler were really nice and pretty funny guys. They kept calling my Phoenix piece the Dark Chicken and encouraged me to get a CGC guy to go out and pick it up. They even let me buy four prints of one character because I wanted to gift it to friends (Germ signed two of them with my name and my friends name cuz he was scared of them going on eBay like this jerk-off: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-S...Catwoman-Black-Canary-Supergirl-/111125816464).

Saw the "Dark Chicken" on Stanley's facebook feed - great pick up!

Good on him to personalize prints to prevent flippers such as that ebay guy; an artist personalizing it with a name won't make some folks happy, but I know I'd be happy with it.

Lol, not at all. I was lucky enough to get one of those (the Dark Phoenix), but it cost me $500 and took a couple days to get. I think he was charging more for the larger black and white pieces on the paper with the gold trim.

Artgerm and his handler were really nice and pretty funny guys. They kept calling my Phoenix piece the Dark Chicken and encouraged me to get a CGC guy to go out and pick it up. They even let me buy four prints of one character because I wanted to gift it to friends (Germ signed two of them with my name and my friends name cuz he was scared of them going on eBay like this jerk-off: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-S...Catwoman-Black-Canary-Supergirl-/111125816464).

That's cool that you got to get four prints for yourself and your friends, Congratulations! :duff

Back