Article: Alien VS Predator Predator - Machiko Noguchi, She-Predator - Premium Format(TM) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally deboxed mine today, Monday the 26th and

SHE IS GLORIOUS.

We are seeing a lot of really nice pix here, but they truly do no justice to the piece IRL. I was shocked at how beautiful she is. She is gorgeous! Everything plugged right up, very easy assembly and the figure stands like a rock. I see TWO, just two TINY little flaws which I'll fix later - but no one who was not seriously inspecting for flaws would notice in a million years. Extremely pleased with the paint apps on mine, gaze is straight, what an amazing sculpt this is. I may gloss her eyes later, but in person its truly not a big deal. My only quibble is that the unmasked head strikes me as a bit small compared to the rest of the piece... but I will forgive this.

I am gobsmacked! THANK YOU SIDESHOW

Mine arrived today JUST as I had to leave! That sounds about right for this whole scenario! :lol I didn't even get to check the number on the box or anything. So 12 hours from now I'll get to open her up and see how she turned out!

Luckily, Spook will make this day go by faster...as will the intense workload I've got at work today. Looking forward to seeing her finally!

I hope you love yours as much as I do mine!

I got 234/1000 [non-EX.... which is ok, I don't mind about the EX because I think the arm and hand flow better without the knife at right angles.] This is my first PF and I was really worried, given a lot of what I read online about the quality - or not - of some of these pieces.... but I'm delighted.

I hope Cleopsis turns out this good.

I didn't get the EX either and think it's fine without it. A whole new arm with blades retracted and the hand holding the knife would have been a better EX IMO. I think the knife in hand with blades out looks a bit busy.

WELL...easily one of the centerpieces of my collection now! Just an absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece. Beautiful actually doesn't do it justice. The netting couldn't be more perfect...it's incredibly thin and form fitting, yet still gives off the exact look she needs. The armor is painted...I mean, the armor is flawless, it really is! Just stunning!

The base is big...yet not, if that makes sense. It could've been huge and lunky, but instead, it's as big as it needs to be, and really the perfect size. The Xeno on it is huge, which just adds to the piece! It's painted incredibly well, and the acid blood all over just looks phenomenal! The base UNDER the base :)lol) also adds to it and gives off the AvP vibe really well! And I LOVE the spear!

Oh, and did I mention that the acid blood is actually melting the rock underneath the dead Xeno? GREAT attention to detail!!

On the headsculpt front, they nailed BOTH sculpts! The eyes don't look great in PICTURES, but in person, there's nothing wrong with them at all! They may not look good with a telephoto lens an inch from her face; but from pretty much any normal viewing distance (even a foot away where she is now) she looks fantastic and you'd never give her eyes a second thought...they actually look stunning, and not dead at all!

She'll be posed without a Bio in my display...I'm REALLY thrilled with how much they nailed her unmasked sculpt, as earlier photos had me worried the eyes were the one flaw in the piece. Not the case at all! Oh, and the EX knife is cool. It actually looks pretty good in her hand, and is ceremonial, so it's all good. I do get the point Zod made about retracted blades and a new hand for it...that would've been awesome!! But yeah, the blades are attached to the body sculpt, so it seems like that was never the plan. Still, I'm happy to have the EX, but anyone who can get any version of this should!!!

Minor marks on mine, unfortunately in the chest area where her hair hits. It's a small black dot. We're talking very small, so I probably won't even bring it up...just sucks that it's on her smooth, open chest, and not under any of the netting. But it wouldn't be, because it's clear it just got bumped when they were fitting headsculpts on her. There's another on her back, which I'm thinking is from the spear when they were testing it?

I mean, there's no way I'd ask for a replacement for these issues...I won't see the mark on her back, and the dot on her chest is pretty much disguised when she has a headsculpt on. Still, unfortunate that the bumps happened after the fact.

But I mean, those are small complaints. Even with our dollar being crappy and this costing me about $10,000, I'm still in love with it! She's fantastic! EASILY one of my favourite pieces, and she'll stay that way. There's just SO much to love about her. She's the kind of piece you walk into a room and are drawn towards! So happy that she's finally arrived, and that overall, there weren't any heart sinking issues!

Fantastic job Sideshow! :clap

Re: Machiko She-Predator PF

I just noticed the reg is wl'd too. Not liking my odds for my ex WL to convert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELL...easily one of the centerpieces of my collection now! Just an absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece. Beautiful actually doesn't do it justice. The netting couldn't be more perfect...it's incredibly thin and form fitting, yet still gives off the exact look she needs. The armor is painted...I mean, the armor is flawless, it really is! Just stunning!

The base is big...yet not, if that makes sense. It could've been huge and lunky, but instead, it's as big as it needs to be, and really the perfect size. The Xeno on it is huge, which just adds to the piece! It's painted incredibly well, and the acid blood all over just looks phenomenal! The base UNDER the base :)lol) also adds to it and gives off the AvP vibe really well! And I LOVE the spear!

Oh, and did I mention that the acid blood is actually melting the rock underneath the dead Xeno? GREAT attention to detail!!

On the headsculpt front, they nailed BOTH sculpts! The eyes don't look great in PICTURES, but in person, there's nothing wrong with them at all! They may not look good with a telephoto lens an inch from her face; but from pretty much any normal viewing distance (even a foot away where she is now) she looks fantastic and you'd never give her eyes a second thought...they actually look stunning, and not dead at all!

She'll be posed without a Bio in my display...I'm REALLY thrilled with how much they nailed her unmasked sculpt, as earlier photos had me worried the eyes were the one flaw in the piece. Not the case at all! Oh, and the EX knife is cool. It actually looks pretty good in her hand, and is ceremonial, so it's all good. I do get the point Zod made about retracted blades and a new hand for it...that would've been awesome!! But yeah, the blades are attached to the body sculpt, so it seems like that was never the plan. Still, I'm happy to have the EX, but anyone who can get any version of this should!!!

Minor marks on mine, unfortunately in the chest area where her hair hits. It's a small black dot. We're talking very small, so I probably won't even bring it up...just sucks that it's on her smooth, open chest, and not under any of the netting. But it wouldn't be, because it's clear it just got bumped when they were fitting headsculpts on her. There's another on her back, which I'm thinking is from the spear when they were testing it?

I mean, there's no way I'd ask for a replacement for these issues...I won't see the mark on her back, and the dot on her chest is pretty much disguised when she has a headsculpt on. Still, unfortunate that the bumps happened after the fact.

But I mean, those are small complaints. Even with our dollar being crappy and this costing me about $10,000, I'm still in love with it! She's fantastic! EASILY one of my favourite pieces, and she'll stay that way. There's just SO much to love about her. She's the kind of piece you walk into a room and are drawn towards! So happy that she's finally arrived, and that overall, there weren't any heart sinking issues!

Fantastic job Sideshow! :clap

Glad to hear you got a good one and that you like her. She's definitely a stand-out piece on the shelf.

Be careful, everyone.

I was moving mine to her new place on a bookshelf; she spent last night ON TOP of said bookshelf, I didn't like her up there because this is the kind of piece you need to soak up the detail up close and personal. She wasn't *showcased* up there.

Short version: as I was taking my hand away, somehow it got caught on her spear and the whole hand and spear went flying. Much to my absolute horror, let me tell you. One of the trident-prongs broke off. I'd think they'd cast something so delicate in pewter, but guess not! The hand and rest of spear are ok.

I can fix this, true but I'm plenty disappointed right now - mainly with myself. Think of that trident as being cast in glass and you should be fine. Man I am so upset with my own clumsiness, I KNOW better than this. And it happened anyway.

Glad to hear you got a good one and that you like her. She's definitely a stand-out piece on the shelf.

Yeah, the details and armor paints are superb! Loving her. I'm glad you jumped on the regular when you did! I think she'll be sold out in basically every available outlets before the new year. The EX is nice to have and a bonus, but just owning the piece is reward enough. Definitely not one to pass on if there's any inkling when it comes to making the order!

Golden] On the headsculpt front, they nailed BOTH sculpts! The eyes don't look great in PICTURES, but in person, there's nothing wrong with them at all! They may not look good with a telephoto lens an inch from her face; but from pretty much any normal viewing distance (even a foot away where she is now) she looks fantastic and you'd never give her eyes a second thought...they actually look stunning, and not dead at all!

Its really strange how some of the pictures of her unmasked face were so doubtful.... and then when you see her in person, NOPE. Perfect.

Congratz on your new showpiece.

EDIT: BTW, what number did you get? Not that its important, its just fun to know.

Be careful, everyone.

I was moving mine to her new place on a bookshelf; she spent last night ON TOP of said bookshelf, I didn't like her up there because this is the kind of piece you need to soak up the detail up close and personal. She wasn't *showcased* up there.

Short version: as I was taking my hand away, somehow it got caught on her spear and the whole hand and spear went flying. Much to my absolute horror, let me tell you. One of the trident-prongs broke off. I'd think they'd cast something so delicate in pewter, but guess not! The hand and rest of spear are ok.

I can fix this, true but I'm plenty disappointed right now - mainly with myself. Think of that trident as being cast in glass and you should be fine. Man I am so upset with my own clumsiness, I KNOW better than this. And it happened anyway.

Sorry to hear Ram :( I know I'd be just as upset if that happened. At least it wasn't THAT bad! With how you started the post, I was expecting a TRUE horror story -- especially considering they apparently have no replacement parts! On that front, I'm happy to hear that the damage was minor!

I could tell the spear was incredibly fragile when I took it out of the box. It's crazy light! I mean, there's no real way they can make it sturdier without adding a weight that may eventually cause it to fall on its own, so I think it's best the way they did it. That said, the extra pieces sticking out, or just moving things in general is always scary with these! Thanks for the warning either way, and hope the fix goes well! :)

Its really strange how some of the pictures of her unmasked face were so doubtful.... and then when you see her in person, NOPE. Perfect.

Thanks! :) Yeah, the pictures of the face aren't flattering at all. From the first production piece images I was like, "Okay, she looks great SANS the eyes." And that was confirmed in a few of the earlier photos too. But then you get her, and it's clear that the face is just not overly photogenic in terms of capturing the reality of the piece. Because in person, I honestly see no real flaws in her eyes when I look at her. I mean, you can move an inch away and start nitpicking, but from any normal viewing angle, no issues whatsoever on that sculpt!

EDIT: BTW, what number did you get? Not that its important, its just fun to know.

I got reg #70.

Sorry to hear about your mishap.
A lifetime of building plastic models has really taught me all about handling fragile items and just contributed to an overall awareness about placement, etc.
I did break one of the stalks on my Poison Ivy figure trying to move the flower away from her thigh, which I figured was at some point inevitable in order to reposition it and keep the piece from marking the body. Super glue worked like a charm there.

Update: Trident prong has been fixed; no one will ever know it was broken.

That whole spear seems really light and fragile, I am lucky the damage was not worse. So think of the whole thing as not just glass, but blown glass. If you look at it hard, its gonna break. It'd be nice if the magnets were a tidge stronger too, but it is what it is.

Update: Trident prong has been fixed; no one will ever know it was broken.

That whole spear seems really light and fragile, I am lucky the damage was not worse. So think of the whole thing as not just glass, but blown glass. If you look at it hard, its gonna break. It'd be nice if the magnets were a tidge stronger too, but it is what it is.

Witnesses have been eliminated?
Awesome.
I was surprised at just how heavy she is. I'm paranoid about her dreads and the plasma cannon, too, so I really don't mess with the head switching out stuff.
I'm using the biomask head, you know, because we all know what happens when you remove your mask with aliens around ( AvP reference ).

Witnesses have been eliminated?
Awesome.
I was surprised at just how heavy she is. I'm paranoid about her dreads and the plasma cannon, too, so I really don't mess with the head switching out stuff.
I'm using the biomask head, you know, because we all know what happens when you remove your mask with aliens around ( AvP reference ).

Witnesses:

1. My cats, who only speak "meow"

and 2. My husband, who could not possibly care less than he does already.

Im safe :wink1:

Turned out better than expected. I prefer the masked head but unmasked still looks pretty good.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082096.255560.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082096.255560.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082113.886625.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082113.886625.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 80
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082122.339092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082122.339092.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 81
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082129.057826.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082129.057826.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082138.557986.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082138.557986.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082149.042561.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082149.042561.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 78

Turned out better than expected. I prefer the masked head but unmasked still looks pretty good.

Wow great perfection pics! Congrats! Heads perfect! I have mine one day early. Will open her up right now. Time for Christmas!!!! Really hope the eyes is good and nothing broken. If this comes good it will push up my record at nearly 60 good/40 bad, out of the last 9, I got from ss. This can tip the odds in my favor. Really hope to win the lottery. This one and vampi
(Which came very good thank goodness) wanted much more so than hulk and emma which had big flaws.

Last edited:
Back