Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he come with the black hooded cloak he wears in the Prancing Pony, or just a rolled up fabric sample/prop/thing? Thanks

I agree there is nothing wrong with the head sculpt. It's a awesome figure with a sweet stand to boot!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

has anyone had problems with hand pegs breaking? the quality seems pretty poor on them, got one off with no problem, other one snapped right off, didn't even put that much pressure on it. I have changed a lot of enterbay and hot toys hands and never had one snap before.

I tried e-mailing Asmus a few days ago about how to get a replacement and haven't heard back yet.

couple of questions
1) how do I get the peg out of the hand it snapped off in? since I might want to use it in the future
2) how do I replace the broken part still attached to the arm?

really frustrating when you drop $225 on a figure and have this happen within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box. Love the figure though.

Yes, the brittle pegs have been a problem. Asmus says they are sending replacements if you contact them (haven't received mine yet).

Yes, the brittle pegs have been a problem. Asmus says they are sending replacements if you contact them (haven't received mine yet).

I e-mailed Asmus, Spoke to Sylvia. There currently on route to me now. Leaving taiwan.

Its nice to e-mail a company and get a quick and satisfactory reply/solution. Good work Asmus!

I e-mailed Asmus, Spoke to Sylvia. There currently on route to me now. Leaving taiwan.

Its nice to e-mail a company and get a quick and satisfactory reply/solution. Good work Asmus!

what was their turnaround time for your original e-mail? I e-mailed [email protected] and sent a couple pictures on Sunday, haven't heard back yet (also didn't get a kick back e-mail so hoping that means it went through).

what was their turnaround time for your original e-mail? I e-mailed [email protected] and sent a couple pictures on Sunday, haven't heard back yet (also didn't get a kick back e-mail so hoping that means it went through).

I recieved my wirst pegs yesterday ( 13th January) Asmus sent them out on the 8th January from Taiwan. Im based in the UK.

Broken pigs are really a big problem,
We now know why Hot Toys always placed a spare pair in all their products.

Dont worry, as long as you guys as a company supply replacements quickly us collectors will forgive you :) Say thanks to Sylvia too

I was told on December 14th that I would be sent replacement pegs and a replacement sword. I haven't received anything. Any advice?

I was told on December 14th that I would be sent replacement pegs and a replacement sword. I haven't received anything. Any advice?

Please?

tumblr_mb6jpgv8cJ1r331r3o5_500.gif

Glad to hear spare wrist pegs will be added from now on.

I received this figure yesterday and it was a real downer with so many QC issues. Bent sword, paint smudges on the face, wires poking out of the coat, bad flocking on the stand, metal u stand bent etc.

However let me have a sip of coffee, take off my cranky pants and try and be a bit more positive here. (Please don't be put off by the fact that I'm no longer wearing pants, you can't see me so just pretend I'm fully clothed and we can both be happy)

I walked into my office this morning to see my Asmus Aragorn set up on my desk the way I left him last night and thought he looked quite impressive. Keep in mind I adore my ACI Aragorn. My ACI Aragorn stands in a display with a heroic static pose and demands people's attention as they walk into my office.

But, in all honesty I think the Asmus Aragorn will be able to demand a similar response from people but for a different reason. I love the way I can get a completely different dynamic look out of him, which for me justifies owning two of the same character.
Coming down the stairs with his cloak flowing behind him ready for battle. (I just wish there was a better dynamic head sculpt to use).

I am really looking forward to getting a Lurtz that I can put next to him on my desk facing each other mano a mano.

So please understand even though some QC issues have me annoyed I am not unappreciative of Asmus' hard work. Having a good nights sleep has allowed me to see this figure has many points worthy of praise.

Nice feedback!

I'm in the opposite boat. Had QC problems but had no problem overlooking them since the CS response was so fast. Now it's a month later with no results and I'm pretty pissed. :lol

I still think it's an overall great figure but I won't be buying any more Asmus product after this experience. Better luck to everybody else! :duff

Nice feedback!

I'm in the opposite boat. Had QC problems but had no problem overlooking them since the CS response was so fast. Now it's a month later with no results and I'm pretty pissed. :lol

Yeah, we are sincerely sorry about this...

We have just got confirmation from Sideshow, and its ready to go by next week.

It took a long time to put things through, but I am sure it is only because of the first time doing business,
everything will be normal and in time as everyone else from next product.

Damn. Just noticed the gem had fallen out of the ring on one of the hands. Thankfully I found it in the bottom of the box. Nothing a bit of glue can't fix.

The thing that I love about this figure is ankle articulation! I'm so glad Asmus listening to whoever it was that suggested it. You can get some great poses. After a full day of owning him I really do love it. So frustrating that there are multiple QC issues, not sure if I just got a bad one that slipped through the cracks or if they all have these problems, but I've decided it's not enough of a problem to keep me from enjoying the figure. Great job Asmus.

Yeah, we are sincerely sorry about this...

We have just got confirmation from Sideshow, and its ready to go by next week.

It took a long time to put things through, but I am sure it is only because of the first time doing business,
everything will be normal and in time as everyone else from next product.

I'm not sure I understand - do you mean my replacement parts will come from Sideshow?

I'm also waiting on back ordered Aragorn and sideshow said it should be coming the beginning of February. Have the issues with Aragorn been fixed and that what was all the delays were for? Also if i have a figure with peg problems etc... like 12bluebars will it be delt with through sideshow or Asmus? Hopefully due to the extra long wait the problems have worked themselves out. Please clarify,Thanks

I'm also waiting on back ordered Aragorn and sideshow said it should be coming the beginning of February. Have the issues with Aragorn been fixed and that what was all the delays were for? Also if i have a figure with peg problems etc... like 12bluebars will it be delt with through sideshow or Asmus? Hopefully due to the extra long wait the problems have worked themselves out. Please clarify,Thanks

I'm so confused. I received a PM after Asmus' last post here asking if I was a completely different person.
At this point I think I'm just going to sell my Aragorn for parts, since I can't sell the complete figure with a broken peg and broken sword and after all this time I would never put the burden on the retailer who sold it to me (though I probably should have contacted them instead of Asmus).

Oh, well. I'm not trying to badmouth the company. It seems my customer service experience is a unique one. But it's been extremely frustrating, nonetheless.

figured I would post this in here too. Here is my customized Aragorn. I really love the asmus sculpt, you guys did a great job on it. I tried my hand at combining parts of both the ACI and Asmus versions with custom hair.

MJ1_2766.jpg
MJ1_2768.jpg

Back