Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 1 - 1/6 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their DMCV Dante was actually pretty decent, honestly their only Dante that looks okay to me.

It feels like after all these years their sculpts aren't really improving, just getting worse.

Yup, exactly! DMC5 Dante was their best Dante. Every other ones were mid to mediocre.

I don’t understand what’s happening with their video game department. Their Anime figures are really good. They had some good ones with LOTR, so it’s not an issue with the talent.

Or maybe it is. I dunno. This DMC1 Dante’s got me all rattled.

Really hope they at least fix the sculpt and outfit color and jacket sleeves. I want this to be perfect. 😫

Well...
DMC3 Dante also underwent numerous head modifications, but 1.0 was a disaster.

They took the leather coat away from the character whose leather coat was the symbol.
Is there anything more appropriate to explain that they have no regard for DMC?

Maybe it's better to wait for 2.0.

KakaoTalk_20240806_114140677.jpg

We tried to understand and accommodate Asmus as DMC fans,
but they don't seem to understand DMC until now.

I think it's time to rethink their attitude.

Last edited:
Well...
DMC3 Dante also underwent numerous head modifications, but 1.0 was a disaster.

They took the leather coat away from the character whose leather coat was the symbol.
Is there anything more appropriate to explain that they have no regard for DMC?

Maybe it's better to wait for 2.0.

View attachment 718376

We tried to understand and accommodate Asmus as DMC fans,
but they don't seem to understand DMC until now.

I think it's time to rethink their attitude.
Coat in DMC1 looked like leather but I thought it was mostly fabric with slight weathering I prefer that as we won't have to worry about it falling apart later.

I care more about the coat than the headsculpt. If the coat billows out like the dmc3 Dante, Ill be extremely disappointed. Really hope It can drape at least decently well.

I can't understand how Asmus operates, no post on their Facebook, Instagram, website but it's listed on BBTS with a lot of product pictures except the DMC neon sign, what?
I have no idea anymore. I think they know if they post on FB they'll get grilled on how this looks.

DMC 5 Dante looks great because they had access to in-game files and could carbon copy the game's sculpt. I'm pretty sure they outsourced the clothing too, which looks great. The previous Dante sculpts range from bad to horrific (that one from 4 makes me shudder) because they were clearly trying to sculpt their own versions.

I'm sure there is a reason why Asmus said absolutely nothing when Trish released and why they've not publicly posted about this Dante. It speaks volumes about their confidence in the quality of these two figures. If they, themselves know these look bad, it would be great if they'd do something about it. Why not do what other companies do and invest some money in hiring competent sculptors to help them with projects like this.

Last edited:
Not gonna play their version game anymore.. Asumus need to learn they need to do it right in the first release.
Let me know when you perfect it!
Maybe Version 3-ish in 2 years?v:hammerhead:

Yeah I’m starting to think maybe they’ve never played the games before lol

Ifrit is green?
View attachment 718497
Oh my word, hahaha. Looks like the gauntlets have been sitting in a smelly basement since 2001 :ROFLMAO:

I can excuse the outfit material because there's nothing worse than seeing clothing degrade when you've spent a lot of money on a figure, but Asmus NEED to outsource these sculpts to skilled artists. It's so obvious they used some random dude as reference (at this point, I'm sure that dude was a young Tobey Maguire) This game was a huge deal and kicked off an incredible franchise. The original Dante deserves so much better than this scrawny cosplaying Bully Maguire. I hold the first game close to my heart and it pains me to see how bad this looks.

1722975733832.png
1722976431193.png
1722975898541.png

As soon as I saw the shotgun, I felt even a word of ridicule disappear.
Asmus, they are completely out of their minds.

What made them so immoral and ruthless?

I didn't expect them to make a Grenade launcher or a Needle gun or anything.
Why do they reuse shotguns this way?

Even a seriously small size remains the same!

This is a really serious matter to report to Capcom.

Last edited:
View attachment 718556View attachment 718560View attachment 718558

I also don't think Capcom cares all that much as long as the figure follows their rule. I'm so tired of this line being treated like ****. I really want Asmus to lose the rights so someone who actually can make them good gets the chance instead.

Last edited:
This is an omnishambles - the likeness is terrible, the proportions are way off, the details are wrong, the material choices are also terrible, AND they have the temerity to bill this as a "crown" figure despite seemingly being no different from a normal 1/6 figure?

Frustrated Selina Meyer GIF

View attachment 718556View attachment 718560View attachment 718558

Because **** you that's why.

Asmus got it's start doing unlicensed figures with really cheap bodies and questionable likeness, remember Hanamichi Sakuragi from Slam Dunk? And some other characters they released before they had official LOTR and DMC licenses. All these came with really bad bodies that were either knock offs of existing market bodies or poor attempts at it, even the costumes also looked cheap because it wasn't done with accuracy in mind.

1_85e042bdd948d87fd15ee2f4ea67e1b4.jpg

When they moved on to official licenses they brought their cheapness along with it. So what if they paired with PopToys, who have really good tailored clothings to make DMC figures? They use cheap bodies with poor proportions and poor headsculpt painting to look like some knockoff figures. They have always been this way and will never change. Their attempt at PR by having an official account here many years back only serves to stroke their ego but not their quality, because they didn't really care what the customers feel about their releases.

Yes, many companies got their start doing unlicensed figures but they will and do innovate as they move forward with official licenses. Asmus still feels like they are reigning in the early 2000s where questionable likeness is still widely accepted because that's the best you can get.

Except it's not.

Because **** you that's why.

Asmus got it's start doing unlicensed figures with really cheap bodies and questionable likeness, remember Hanamichi Sakuragi from Slam Dunk? And some other characters they released before they had official LOTR and DMC licenses. All these came with really bad bodies that were either knock offs of existing market bodies or poor attempts at it, even the costumes also looked cheap because it wasn't done with accuracy in mind.

View attachment 718758

When they moved on to official licenses they brought their cheapness along with it. So what if they paired with PopToys, who have really good tailored clothings to make DMC figures? They use cheap bodies with poor proportions and poor headsculpt painting to look like some knockoff figures. They have always been this way and will never change. Their attempt at PR by having an official account here many years back only serves to stroke their ego but not their quality, because they didn't really care what the customers feel about their releases.

Yes, many companies got their start doing unlicensed figures but they will and do innovate as they move forward with official licenses. Asmus still feels like they are reigning in the early 2000s where questionable likeness is still widely accepted because that's the best you can get.

Except it's not.
This is the best likeness of Sakuragi I've ever in my entire God damn life.

sawyer-james-ford.gif

Back