AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just hope tha the delay its because they are trying to improve the headsculpt or something on the figure and not because they lost the license.

personally kinda lost some interest and I think lll be more strict with the figure if it ever get released

Honestly, I lost interest because I didn't like Dune, part 2. They strayed way too far from the book for my taste and I'm debating getting rid off all Dune merch from these films.

I really tried to like the Dune films but I just don’t. Watched the first one twice and the second one once. They just don’t do it for me. Drawn out, and in my opinion somewhat hard to follow. It’s like they expect viewers to know book lore without really explaining it.

I really tried to like the Dune films but I just don’t. Watched the first one twice and the second one once. They just don’t do it for me. Drawn out, and in my opinion somewhat hard to follow. It’s like they expect viewers to know book lore without really explaining it.

If you don’t like the movies then why are you in a forum for figures based on them? 🤣

To clarify I didn’t come in here to thread crap or tell others they shouldn’t like the movies. I was excited about them and the figures. Just giving an opinion.

Both movies were cool. I enjoyed them both. In a world of crap movies these days it stands out as being one of the better series, if considering the two as that. The only other option for Dune was David Lynch’s version which was also very cool but is a bit dated now. Boohoo if you didn’t like the movies. Too bad for you. Some people’s standards… sometimes you just take things for face value without trying to over analyze everything. It works out better that way…

I’m looking forward to both AugToys and InArt’s versions of Paul. I’ve got both on order..

I thoroughly enjoyed the films, but my Dune fever was at its peak back in March/April and has now diminished when it comes to seeking collectibles. I still want some fantastic Dune figures, but I can be more selective with where I choose to throw my money. Let's just say the moment has passed. Six months ago I would have bought almost any decent Dune figure - and I did with the old AugToys Ceremonial Paul - but now Aug is less of a contender with InArt likely getting my money.

Does anyone know if the new Paul that’s due to be released is the same outfit he wore in Part 2? Is there any differences?

Both movies were cool. I enjoyed them both. In a world of crap movies these days it stands out as being one of the better series, if considering the two as that. The only other option for Dune was David Lynch’s version which was also very cool but is a bit dated now. Boohoo if you didn’t like the movies. Too bad for you. Some people’s standards… sometimes you just take things for face value without trying to over analyze everything. It works out better that way…

I’m looking forward to both AugToys and InArt’s versions of Paul. I’ve got both on order..
There was another Dune movie series on SyFy. It adapted Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune. Young James McAvoy as Leto II was super good.

Cool. Wasn’t aware of that. Sadly I don’t subscribe to cable anymore. Cost vs. content wasn’t worth it.
It's worth checking out if you ever find out on a streaming service. They are definitely the most accurate to the books. I said movies, but I guess it's actually 2 miniseries total between 9 and 10 hours, so you really get a lot more story. On the other hand, the entire budget for the Syfy series would maybe be enough to cover a day's catering for Villeneuve's.

Back