AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🥲🥲 we are close!

Attachments

• IMG_20240610_184005.jpg
    IMG_20240610_184005.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 0
I really wanted to get my Aug Stilsuit Paul in April/May while the Dune fever was high. March was my Dune mania month and in the brief window after I would have bought anything Dune related in that time. A high-end 1:6 figure would have nicely fed that fever - I actually backtracked and bought the previous ceremonial attire Paul to fill the need in anticipation of the Stillsuit version showing up soon after. By now I should have had both on my shelf and been done with it until InArt's was ready.
Unfortunately, the Dune fever is slow-burning down and with every month that passes the Aug version is becoming less desirable. It's just not filling the immediate niche anymore, which makes the InArt version a better choice as time drags on. If I'm going to wait indefinitely perhaps I'll wait for InArt and put the money towards it rather than Aug now. That's a polite nudge to Aug to get moving on this if they want to secure their sales.

I really wanted to get my Aug Stilsuit Paul in April/May while the Dune fever was high. March was my Dune mania month and in the brief window after I would have bought anything Dune related in that time. A high-end 1:6 figure would have nicely fed that fever - I actually backtracked and bought the previous ceremonial attire Paul to fill the need in anticipation of the Stillsuit version showing up soon after. By now I should have had both on my shelf and been done with it until InArt's was ready.
Unfortunately, the Dune fever is slow-burning down and with every month that passes the Aug version is becoming less desirable. It's just not filling the immediate niche anymore, which makes the InArt version a better choice as time drags on. If I'm going to wait indefinitely perhaps I'll wait for InArt and put the money towards it rather than Aug now. That's a polite nudge to Aug to get moving on this if they want to secure their sales.
I undertand how you feel

hope at least they are decent figures

Ordered Duke

I just need one of these armos to go with the Still suits lol

I undertand how you feel

hope at least they are decent figures
Last year's ceremonial Paul was a decent figure. Aug's only release to date so we only have it to get a feel for their quality. The only real problem was the sculpt was off in a way that was almost unsettling. It was close and clear who they were trying to capture in the likeness, but then oddly off around the eyes in a way that made it look like a cosplayer doing his best Paul Atreides impression. I sometimes get weirded out looking at it.
I think Aug will be okay for costumes and accessories, but a little dodgy in sculpts (which we saw so far with Paul and can already see in their promo pics for Gurney). No one else is in the game and InArt likely won't go too deep into Dune (notwithstanding their hefty price difference), so it looks like Aug is the only player on this license.

Skipping Leto but Gurney I had to order. Wonder what updates they did. Gonna try and turn him into his PT2 look, got cloaks/ponchos coming out my ears from other stuff lol.
I really like the Duke but want wait for the review

It's a little bit strange that he is not showing the young Atreides In that photo 🤔

How close are influencer videos from release usually? Hope we will see those two figs by end of the month

Wondering if there's any chance someone's going to reproduce Gurney's head so I can gets me a Royal Abbott custom happening..

Back