Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He literally is only able to kill it by using his brain.

dark-knight-joker-1597655811.png

That would be some feat!

Must admit, fearless, incredibly smart, unflappable sisters leading a Predator movie doesn't exactly get me excited but the initial synopsis we got for Prey wasn't great. Something about a teenage girl fighting her tribes gender norms to become a hunter. Eye rolling stuff it is but not inaccurate. Prey turned out pretty damn good so it's in the execution.
I'm looking forward to a trailer to get a better feel for what we're getting here.

Very true. On the surface and leading up to Prey I had my reservations but I thought movie was awesome. Hopefully this goes the same route.

Very true. On the surface and leading up to Prey I had my reservations but I thought movie was awesome. Hopefully this goes the same route.
Indeed. I'll give then the benefit of the doubt. I am rather bored of flawless all powerful female action heroes. It's been done to death but rarely done well.
I thought they did a decent job with Naru so I'm going to wait and see what they do with these sisters.

Interesting that we all got worried about how Disney would handle ALIEN and Predator aftering they bought Fox and then they end up releasing the best film in each series in over 30 years.

Interesting that we all got worried about how Disney would handle ALIEN and Predator aftering they bought Fox and then they end up releasing the best film in each series in over 30 years.
In fairness, a room of monkeys randomly typing a script would have come up with something better than the trash we've been exposed to since, oh, Predator 2. But you aren't wrong!

We need reversal, set in the future, humans take unarmed predators and hunt them down. Hunter becomes the hunted. I'd pay to see that!

Predator actually winning for once would be a breath of fresh air. Doesn't mean protagonist has to lose, you just make the main character a non combatant who witesses the massacre. A film following a journalist, disabled person or medic for example. Eat your cake and have it too that way

If it's set in the future, I think it'd be cool to see a Predator somewhere in the timeline of Blade Runner (maybe between the years 2019 and 2049). Have him fight against some replicants :lol.

If it's set in the future, I think it'd be cool to see a Predator somewhere in the timeline of Blade Runner (maybe between the years 2019 and 2049). Have him fight against some replicants :lol.
I'll give this a chance based off how good Prey was but Predator vs Replicants sounds much more exciting than Predator vs sisters.

Just read this article...

For now, I'm going to remain optimistic about it - just because of how good Prey was.
Same here.
There are a few bits we've heard about Badlands that sound interesting. Set in the future but how far in the future? Is this set on Earth a colony on a frontier?
Part of the casting call mentioned prosthetics. Character with burn scars? What if its taking prosthetics literally and it's a cybernetic limb or something?
Sheltered sister spent all her time in a lab. What is she doing? Interesting experiments of some sort? Human augmentation? Her tough sister is killed by pred so she uses whatever she's working on to enhance herself so she can take on the Predator?
There's some interesting possibilities in there.

Back