Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose that’s slightly better,
though why doesn’t the older brother take full control. A tribe keeps the women and children away from conflict..
It’s just not realistic for a little girl to fight a Predator at all, no matter its condition.

What purpose does it serve other than minimizing the effect the monster has in a monster film? I get it, it’s supposed to be an empowering moment, but at the expense of the universe’s greatest hunter? No.

This creature should make grown men tremble….

well the girl notices the pred ship landing
and notices the pred killing a bear I think.
but no one believes her.
they think she's lying
so it becomes a matter of "the boy who cried wolf."
the guys laugh at her, one guy bully her and punch her.
so then the pred attacks them all and spares her because to the pred she might as well be a cat or a mouse to him. she's nothing.
that's kind of why she gets to kill him later on.
she goes unnoticed

then the pred attacks the French and that's one of the most badass scenes in the entire franchise. it's truly amazing ( it's on YouTube) the pred takes out like 8 guys in the style of 300 ( like the Spartan scene in slow mo)

her brother almost wins but sacrifices himself to save her. it's more like a family bond thing. he didn't believe her, and then he needs to save her. he helps her escape. dies.

technically yeah..the brother needed to kill the pred. and yes it has a "girl power" moment at the end.

but she's very attentive and pays attention more than the guys. she's ignored by everyone so she's able to notice the pred.

it's kinda like the end of APOCALYPTO.

Last edited:
I suppose that’s slightly better,
though why doesn’t the older brother take full control.
He is the war chief.
A tribe keeps the women and children away from conflict..
They do.
It’s just not realistic for a little girl to fight a Predator at all, no matter its condition.
It’s not realistic for anyone to fight a Predator. It is science fiction.

Also it’s not like she’s fighting it in a boxing match. She’s using her wits to make up for what she lacks in strength.
What purpose does it serve other than minimizing the effect the monster has in a monster film? I get it, it’s supposed to be an empowering moment, but at the expense of the universe’s greatest hunter? No.
No one had a problem with Ripley, a woman, fighting off Xenomorph’s - the so called “perfect organism”.

Why is now a problem here for an intelligent and observant hunter to outsmart another hunter?

Naru and the Feral Predator are both young for their respective species.
This creature should make grown men tremble….
It does. She’s afraid of it and runs from it until she studies it and learns how to deal with it.

The final battle with Feral is the weakest part of the movie IMO.
She doesn't beat him with her bare hands but there are a couple bs moments in there.
JH was toying with Dutch in that final fight but Feral is definitely not playing around here.
He hits Naru twice in the head with the shield. The very same shield that cuts down a tree earlier in the film. Then there's the bit where she casually pulls one of his mandibles off. Just reaches out and plucks it off. Like it was easy.
Taking 2 shield hits to the head, pulling off the mandible, would be bs if it was a male character too.
Feral is a very "special" Predator though...
The worst damage he took in the fight he did to himself.

The final battle with Feral is the weakest part of the movie IMO.
She doesn't beat him with her bare hands but there are a couple bs moments in there.
JH was toying with Dutch in that final fight but Feral is definitely not playing around here.
He hits Naru twice in the head with the shield. The very same shield that cuts down a tree earlier in the film. Then there's the bit where she casually pulls one of his mandibles off. Just reaches out and plucks it off. Like it was easy.
Taking 2 shield hits to the head, pulling off the mandible, would be bs if it was a male character too.
Feral is a very "special" Predator though...
The worst damage he took in the fight he did to himself.
Thanks for the clarification, these guys are acting like it makes sense in any shape or form.

A little girl doesn’t pull off a Predator’s mandible, especially one with a face as vicious as that, yet she’s apparently unfazed at her ability?

Ripley wasn’t defeating Xenomorphs with her bare hands or weapons from the 1700s,
the girl had fire power and wit along with a dark multi-level ship in her favor.

In Romulus, this Ripley ripoff picks up a gun for the first time, and is a perfect shot.
They attempt to explain her marysue-like
abilities by aim assist, but come on, every shot in the dark no matter how many of them close in on her? All of that acidic blood flying everywhere yet not a spec on her even when she has to make her way through it all, floating.

Also it wasn’t like the first film was telling you to focus on Ripley because she’s a girl,
she was simply another crew member that lucked out.

Back when a female lead was for the story and not an attempt at gathering a specific audience.

Now their thought process is - only guys care about Xenomorphs and the story so how do we get females and the LGBTQ community interested? We cast a youthful girl in the lead and make her a badass just to sell tickets, not to tell a cohesive story.

Thanks for the clarification, these guys are acting like it makes sense in any shape or form.

A little girl doesn’t pull off a Predator’s mandible, especially one with a face as vicious as that, yet she’s apparently unfazed at her ability?

Ripley wasn’t defeating Xenomorphs with her bare hands or weapons from the 1700s,
the girl had fire power and wit along with a dark multi-level ship in her favor.

In Romulus, this Ripley ripoff picks up a gun for the first time, and is a perfect shot.
abilities by aim assist, but come on, every shot in the dark no matter how many of them close in on her? All of that acidic blood flying everywhere yet not a spec on her even when she has to make her way through it all, floating.

Also it wasn’t like the first film was telling you to focus on Ripley because she’s a girl,

Back when a female lead was for the story and not an attempt at gathering a specific audience.

Now their thought process is - only guys care about Xenomorphs and the story so how do we get females and the LGBTQ community interested? We cast a youthful girl in the lead and make her a badass just to sell tickets, not to tell a cohesive story.

that mandible was hot by the brother earlier.... the pred was very injured by then .
and here's the final fight if you just wanna see how she defeats him, you might as well check it lol

They mostly do a decent job with Naru. Her strengths as a hunter are more around observation and finding weaknesses, using her intelligence.
There is some inconsistency. At one point in the movie she fights one of the other hunters from the tribe. It's a scrappy brawl. Then later she's like a highly skilled little ninja fighting some French trappers.
There's a couple of points in the end battle that I think are too much, which I talked about in my previous comment.
I think if the fight with the trappers had been more grounded rather than super ninja and they took out a couple of bits from her fight with Feral, it would have been better.

They mostly do a decent job with Naru. Her strengths as a hunter are more around observation and finding weaknesses, using her intelligence.
There is some inconsistency. At one point in the movie she fights one of the other hunters from the tribe. It's a scrappy brawl. Then later she's like a highly skilled little ninja fighting some French trappers.
There's a couple of points in the end battle that I think are too much, which I talked about in my previous comment.
I think if the fight with the trappers had been more grounded rather than super ninja and they took out a couple of bits from her fight with Feral, it would have been better.
maybe she was holding back. besides she lost against the French guys

that mandible was hot by the brother earlier.... the pred was very injured by then .
and here's the final fight if you just wanna see how she defeats him, you might as well check it lol

Huh mandible looked undamaged in the fight before she plucked it off.

You should definitely take the time to watch Prey, as it's the best Predator movie since the original.........:)
And you shouldn't be too naive to try to appeal to people who have already made up their minds. People believe what they want to, especially with the internet today and it's their right. To me, the film was great just as you said but I don't waste my time telling people who have already decided that the film has no merits for them because you don't change people's mind by countering what they firmly believe.

Don't buy it. She was obviously really trying in that fight. A desperate scrappy, grounded fight, she was winning until the others interfered. Much better than the over the top ninja fight.
she got repeatedly beat up by everyone. she didn't really win any fight did she?

but in the battle with the pred she was agile and fast and the pred was bulky and slower.
it's not that she's moving like a ninja, but she's much lighter and faster

she got repeatedly beat up by everyone. she didn't really win any fight did she?

but in the battle with the pred she was agile and fast and the pred was bulky and slower.
it's not that she's moving like a ninja, but she's much lighter and faster
Huh? I was talking about her fight with the tribesmen and the fight with the French.
She was winning against the tribesmen until the others interfered and she clearly won the fight with the French trappers.
My comments about her suddenly being ninja was in context of the French trappers fight.

Back