Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Naru was trash. Her character single handedly ruined Prey for me. Friggin 90 lbs native American female that has the hand to hand combat skills of a Spartan from 300.

Absolute garbage. I wouldn't have even accepted a male lead being that amazing in close combat.

You should definitely take the time to watch Prey, as it's the best Predator movie since the original.........:)
I would say that Predator was the best, IMO, followed by Prey.

I thought Prey was a perfect franchise addition and I look forward to the next installment. :D

she's fast because she's light. like HIT GIRL. she's quick like road runner.
Fast like Hit Girl? I don't know what that means.
My point was about her super slick ninja skills when fighting the French trappers. Went from a grounded rough and tumble hard fight to stylised uber skilled ninja warrior.
Her being light and fast wouldn't matter against a Predator. She shouldn't be able to harm it.
She succeeds in killing Feral because he's a moron. Tricked him into cutting off his own arm and shooting himself in the head.
Not a fan of that.
I also didn't like how she tanked 2 shield shots and at least one instance of being ragdolled. Seem to recall her being choke slammed.
If only they'd had a more grounded fight with the trappers and toned down the end fight it'd have been much improved.
Oh also, you haven't explained any lost fights against the trappers.

Predator 2 is my favourite sequel in the franchise and really feels like the only true successor to Predator to me. All the others (including AVP and AVPr) are a bit lame.

On paper Prey sounds like your typical girl boss movie that has been so prevalent in the last decade - however, for the most part the movie surprised me and subverted my own pre-conceived prejudices / expectations against it. True the end fight is probably the least engaging part of the film and stretches believability but that's no different really than the Arnie and Danny Glover end fights in their respective movies. Overall I was entertained throughout and pleased that they treated the source material respectfully without the need to clutch for too many membaberries (though there were of course some!).

It's not as good as either of the first two (Predator 2 is very underrated in my opinion) but leagues ahead of the other entries in the 'Predator universe".

She succeeds in killing Feral because he's a moron. Tricked him into cutting off his own arm and shooting himself in the head.
The actor that portrayed the Feral Predator said that he's complacent and over-confident. He's definitely not as experienced as the other Predators that we've seen. Both him and Naru are facing their own versions of ther respective trials.

1729457263288.png

Back