Bashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeCreations

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
In ref to thread: Finally here!!! What we’ve always wanted!!

We followed a suggestion to do a custom of Ellen. Maybe not our best, but so what. (BTW, she did sell off Ebay) We’re even commissioned to do characters that we’re not fond of, but we TRY our best to do what people want. All of our customs are handsculpted in clay, then molded and cast. We don’t take other people’s work and add apoxie here and there, paint it and call it “ours”...or use the same face mold over and over for different characters.
A customer suggested we join SF - thought it was a place where you give/get constructive criticism, encourage other professional artists and exchange news/ideas, etc. Not at all. We’ve got tough skin, but to be totally “bashed” over one custom figure after years of being in the biz???? Like some of you say, “WTF ?” We’ve actually sold figures to some of you – been contacted by several of you for assistance and a couple of you bought some of our figures, changed a few minor details and called it “your work”. And here’s a good one – a guy wrote to us asking for help – seems he gave one of you over $300 last year and he still doesn’t have the figure or a refund. What's up with that?
Its almost funny how some of you kiss up, claiming some work is great, when clearly its not….just like in Junior High, trying to hang with the popular ones. Come on, wipe that brown stuff off your nose and put your glasses on. You bashed us and judged our years of work based on one "not so great" figure….going against the rules of this forum with some pretty crappy comments, and on top of that, we’re members…..well, for now anyway. Sure, not everyone will like our work, but a whole hell of a lot do. So we’ll just focus on creating customs for them. Thanks, its been real…..

Last edited:
Ellen? No idea what you're talking about...

It was that horrible figure that looked like Gary Busey. Garbage.

forum_ff09dd60_Gary_Busey_Red_Carpe.jpg

I really did not keep up with the thread. I saw the auction and well is was not good. Problem is we tend to make fun of things. If you where a member here already and showed your work you would have received mostly contructive crit. We all see things and judge them and give our ops. I have not seen any of your other work and can only judge what I saw.

This is what I think of your ellen figure=:dump:dump:dump

I actually liked some of your OTHER figures, but not the Ellen. She was not well sculpted, at all. You also claimed that it was, somewhere along the lines of, an out of this world custom and that you had a lot of experience in this biz, but clearly it didn't show. Browse around the custom section of this site and you'll see real talent.

Sorry to say this, but coming here and posting that will get you more gas to the flame. :(

:lol...that looks like jerry seinfeld with blond hair...and down syndrome. :monkey3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back