Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City (No Spoilers)

Hey Russell, I got the score off iTunes. It was released today and it has 19 tracks, although most are only a couple of minutes long. It's great, I'd recommend it!

Yeah i'd like to know too - I'm on the fence about ordering the collectors edition or not, but it's my understanding that it comes with the soundtrack with the different bands, and not the actual score..furthermore I think it only gives you a code to download the tracks but doesn't actually include a CD.

The other bonus items, the Gotham Knights DVD... I already have it on Blu Ray

And the Koto statue is meh.

So i think i'll just go on release day and pick it up from my local HMV

Just literally had an email from Game saying my pre-order for AC has shipped!!! Does anyone here know how long they normaly take to deliver items? Is there any chance I could be getting this before Friday now? SO excited!!

Hey Russell, I got the score off iTunes. It was released today and it has 19 tracks, although most are only a couple of minutes long. It's great, I'd recommend it!

Damn it. Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of getting an ipod. For use in my car and in the gym. So now that's even more excuse to get one. Haha. Will definitely try and find it. Is it better than the first games score?

Yeah i'd like to know too - I'm on the fence about ordering the collectors edition or not, but it's my understanding that it comes with the soundtrack with the different bands, and not the actual score..furthermore I think it only gives you a code to download the tracks but doesn't actually include a CD.

The other bonus items, the Gotham Knights DVD... I already have it on Blu Ray

And the Koto statue is meh.

So i think i'll just go on release day and pick it up from my local HMV

Yeah, after looking at all the different special editions I went with hmv. As you get a t-shirt and the Arkham City graphic novel, which I wanted anyway. I figured the other skins and challenge maps would become DLC anyway and, as you said, the soundtrack is just bands and is download only, and the statue really didn't seem worth the extra cash.

Damn it. Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of getting an ipod. For use in my car and in the gym. So now that's even more excuse to get one. Haha. Will definitely try and find it. Is it better than the first games score?
Yeah definitely a thousand times better than the first score. It's really epic. Just a shame the majority of the tracks are as short as they are, and it's only an hour long in total, but I could listen to it over and over. (and am doing! lol)

EDIT: BTW Russell, you don't need an iPod to have iTunes. You can download and install iTunes on your computer and buy stuff on there.

Shipped already! Lucky bugger! Lol

Oh and let us know where you got the score! :)
I know, you should have seen my face when I got the email just now lol Did a little digging and it seems I could get this on Thursday! :D

As for the score, I got it off iTunes. Can't see it for sale anywhere else right now though unfortunately.

Stuck at work. The wait until 2PM is going to be torture. I can't wait to play this game!

Go get you a NOS!!!! I might try to get one tomorrow morning when I fill up the car. From what I read the can doesn't specifically say "Batman" anywhere on it, but look for one that says something about Rewards Points.

Offering in-game rewards along with soft drinks has been popular lately, and energy drink NOS has joined in to provide a new Batman: Arkham City skin.

If you obtain a specially-marked can and redeem a code on NOS's site, you'll be able to download an early Batman Beyond skin for use in Batman: Arkham City on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. NOS has 100,000 of the codes to give away (50,000 on Xbox 360 and 50,000 on PS3), and the codes are available in the Rewards Catalog starting today.

The Batman Beyond skin was previously revealed as a pre-order bonus, though it's currently only available in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.

For now, this promotion is the only official way to obtain the skin in North America. A U.S. release hasn't been announced for the skin, though it's supposedly available as part of a downloadable pack coming December 6th.

For a full rundown of Batman: Arkham City's costumes, be sure to check out our Wiki .

https://ps3.ign.com/articles/120/1200895p1.html

Yeah, I posted that last night. Cool little promo. I wish we could get all of the skins by buying cheap food items like that. I had zero problems getting the code last night. I just hope it works once my game arrives today :lol

I'll pick up one today if I can. Game is really fun so far and its gonna take a long run through with Batman & Catwoman to get everything done. I did PO all 3 DLC packs at gamestop last night they start Nov 1 through Dec 22nd I think.

so pissed ! no midnight release here in canada.

ohh well going to be at best buy at 10am opening time.

I guess you missed out because in the Canada I live in there were midnight releases at select Futureshop locations :lol

Anybody know if Futureshop is offering the steelbook in store? I want to cancel my preorder and go pick it up directly if possible.

YMMV, but I didn't get a steelbook at the midnight release, they were reserved for only people who had pre-ordered.

I didn't bother getting the Limited Edition since i already own Gotham Knight on dvd so, i went to my local TRU and picked up their regular edition for PS3 and guy even threw in the 70's Legacy figure and i didn't even preorder this game.

Can't wait to dig into this game later on this evening.

Nah buddy, the flyer even states for those who preorder the game would be entitled to the figure.

In Canada that is.

2lt69sk.jpg

Last edited:
The promo is just anybody who buys the game there can get the figure for free. I went to TRU yesterday and just bought the figure since I went with Amazon for the Collectors Edition. It makes no difference if you pre-ordred it or not as long as they have figures in stock still.

Back